Page 56 of 92 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about that?

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm1968 View Post
    There are a lot of us that feel that way, some just won't say so on here. It's a rough place to be if you still support the band.
    As far as I know us "haters" show our disgust - or whatever the appropriate subjective is - in only two threads. So it's not like the whole forum is our playground.

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

There are a lot of us that feel that way, some just won't say so on here. It's a rough place to be if you still support the band.
    Well it isn't all peachy for us either with those supporting "it" going after us from time to time. I think there are plenty of people who don't see a problem with the board or the way the admin and moderators are running it or see any problem with our decorum, any more than your side sees a problem with theirs. YMMV.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    As far as I know us "haters" show our disgust - or whatever the appropriate subjective is - in only two threads. So it's not like the whole forum is our playground.
    Exactly, chaim. They can choose to avoid those threads if they wish.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

QUESTION:

It's off topic but I can't find the appropriate place to ask. Is there a way to mute the threads that you don't want to see or care about? Thanks!
    I don't think so. I think you just have to summon the willpower to refrain from clicking on them.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Desperado longtimeeaglesfan's Avatar

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

I agree that Glenn was in a class of his own. I have great respect for him and understand that without him there never would have been the band Eagles.

Had the remaining members decided not to continue as the Eagles I would have been fine with that too. I am glad that I have had the chance to continue to hear their music live performed in a way that is as close to the original as possible.

The Eagles legacy will be fine, just as it would have been fine if they had stopped in 2015. It would have been fine if they had stopped in 1980 as well - although their reformation in 1994 gave fans who wouldn't have otherwise been able to hear them a chance to attend their concerts. I don't believe that their additional recordings since 1980 added that much to their legacy. Outside of "Love will Keep us Alive", the History of the Eagles tour only included songs from that earlier period. Presumably Glenn had oversight of that setlist and felt that it was not significant enough to include other LROOE material.

I'll go out on a limb, but I daresay that none of the people on this board have been as close to Glenn or know him as well as those who have made the decision/given their blessing for the band to continue as his fellow bandmates, wife and children. I would therefore think it is respectful to them to defer to their judgement as to what is appropriate and respectful to Glenn.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    I didn't say anything about "haters" and Soda said that we are supposed to refrain from using that word but somehow I don't think that she will say anything to you.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I don't think so. I think you just have to summon the willpower to refrain from clicking on them.
    Nice and crappy, just like I expected.

Stuck on the Border

I didn't say anything about "haters" and Soda said that we are supposed to refrain from using that word but somehow I don't think that she will say anything to you.
    No, you didn't say anything about haters. I used that recently debated word with "-marks ("haters") in a tongue-in-cheek way because I couldn't bother writing out "those of us for whom the Eagles is not Eagles without Glenn" once again. There was no intention whatsoever to imply that you have used the word.

A similar thing happened recently with another poster.
    Last edited by chaim; 03-31-2018 at 04:58 PM.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yeah - I'm not sure what is so hard to grasp about the concept that both sides contribute to any 'bitter climate' on the board. The mentaility of why it's okay for one side to post, but it's not okay for others just completely escapes me. To think that the decision of the band to continue without Glenn would be universally embraced by everyone is just unreasonable. Of course, there is going to be criticism. And sorry, ltef, but, we are entitled to an opposition opinion - we don't have to defer to others regardless of their relationship to Glenn. And again, if anyone does't wish to participate in the debate, then don't. You can easily avoid the two threads where dissension is discussed.

I read some posts and the one below and I think, well so much for tolerance and understanding. To me, insensitive comments like this show a complete lack of empathy for the feelings of others no matter what side of this issue you fall on.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    Although I think they should do more in their concerts, it is after all a concert. It’s not supposed to be funeral like. They are in high demand, people want to see the music not think about the sadness of Glenn’s passing
    And please everyone, let's not revisit the 'haters' debate.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Why can't we all just try and get along?