Page 57 of 92 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about that?

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    And please everyone, let's not revisit the 'haters' debate.
    Yeah, got it. I was not being serious about the word, but I should have realized the consequences.

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

In the end, it's about the music, really. In the midst of all the emotion, we can't forget that.

Glenn had unique talents. The Eagles should not just be "insert [x] here to sing 'Take It Easy' and and it's all good."

This is true even if the guy singing Glenn's parts is an award-winner, like Vince Gill.

This is true even if the guy singing Glenn's parts is related to Glenn, like Deacon.

I'm sure they're a cool-sounding band. I'm sure they put on a cool show.

But they're not the Eagles.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Yeah - I'm not sure what is so hard to grasp about the concept that both sides contribute to any 'bitter climate' on the board. The mentaility of why it's okay for one side to post, but it's not okay for others just completely escapes me. To think that the decision of the band to continue without Glenn would be universally embraced by everyone is just unreasonable. Of course, there is going to be criticism. And sorry, ltef, but, we are entitled to an opposition opinion - we don't have to defer to others regardless of their relationship to Glenn. And again, if anyone does't wish to participate in the debate, then don't. You can easily avoid the two threads where dissension is discussed.

I read some posts and the one below and I think, well so much for tolerance and understanding. To me, insensitive comments like this show a complete lack of empathy for the feelings of others no matter what side of this issue you fall on.

I’m not sure I understand how my comment is tied to that debate. Could you explain?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    In the end, it's about the music, really. In the midst of all the emotion, we can't forget that.

Glenn had unique talents. The Eagles should not just be "insert [x] here to sing 'Take It Easy' and and it's all good."

This is true even if the guy singing Glenn's parts is an award-winner, like Vince Gill.

This is true even if the guy singing Glenn's parts is related to Glenn, like Deacon.

I'm sure they're a cool-sounding band. I'm sure they put on a cool show.

But they're not the Eagles.
    Soda, I'm trying to reason with you and IMO you guys can't hear what I am saying because you are in so much pain. It's okay for you to feel that way but the constant snide remarks towards the people that don't agree with you is what I am specifically talking about. I don't care if you feel that way, you can feel anyway you want to, but don't be shi**y to those of us who don't feel the same way. It's not fair when you have the bully pulpit. Can you not understand that??

My view is that any lineup they put fourth is the “Eagles”. There are more and less legitimate lineups. All lineups until Felder was replaced in my opinion were hundred percent legitimate lineups. Made up of members who were there in the trenches, writing music and contributing to the legacy. Once Felder leaves it changes a bit. Not a whole lot but a bit. Once Glenn passes and they continue it’s clearly not as legitimate as before but it still the “Eagles”. That’s how I feel about it

Banned

Yeah - I'm not sure what is so hard to grasp about the concept that both sides contribute to any 'bitter climate' on the board. The mentaility of why it's okay for one side to post, but it's not okay for others just completely escapes me. To think that the decision of the band to continue without Glenn would be universally embraced by everyone is just unreasonable. Of course, there is going to be criticism. And sorry, ltef, but, we are entitled to an opposition opinion - we don't have to defer to others regardless of their relationship to Glenn. And again, if anyone does't wish to participate in the debate, then don't. You can easily avoid the two threads where dissension is discussed.

I don't mind others holding opposing viewpoints but I don't agree with the level of nastiness used towards others that don't hold those views. I just can't believe that you guys don't see it. You must, it's so apparent.

As far as the hater debate goes, you don't need to say "everyone." Only one person used the word after being specifically instructed not to. Of course, no one will call him/her out and they will not need to apologize, but I bet it would have been different if I had used that word because I'm not in the "Not Without Glenn" crowd.

Don't you guys get tired of being upset all the time? I am. I just want to get along and love the band.

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm1968 View Post
    Soda, I'm trying to reason with you and IMO you guys can't hear what I am saying because you are in so much pain. It's okay for you to feel that way but the constant snide remarks towards the people that don't agree with you is what I am specifically talking about. I don't care if you feel that way, you can feel anyway you want to, but don't be shi**y to those of us who don't feel the same way. It's not fair when you have the bully pulpit. Can you not understand that??
    Wait - you were trying to reason with me? Because it really didn't seem like it. It felt like a "nice and crappy" attack.

Hold yourself to the same standard you are expecting of others.

There are a lot of people who disagree with me on this matter who have zero problem with me. However, those people aren't coming into this thread with their gloves on.

I do restrain myself a great deal, limiting my critiques of the band to two threads, but it seems any criticism (no matter how reasonably stated) is unacceptable to some. It seems what people really want is for me to shut up about this entirely. That's not going to happen.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

I apologize for even mentioning the H word. The word had absolutely nothing to do with the point of my post, so I should have used another way to describe our "team". It's not always easy for me to think of a short way to say something in English. I got lazy and just said "h....." I had forgotten or wasn't aware that it's forbidden to use the word even with no "evil intent".

EDIT:

The point of my post without the H word:

We who don't consider the band "Eagles" without Glenn express our disapproval in only two threads, so it's not like this whole forum is our playground.

Quote Originally Posted by longtimeeaglesfan View Post
    I'll go out on a limb, but I daresay that none of the people on this board have been as close to Glenn or know him as well as those who have made the decision/given their blessing for the band to continue as his fellow bandmates, wife and children. I would therefore think it is respectful to them to defer to their judgement as to what is appropriate and respectful to Glenn.
    I feel we have a right to challenge this. We don't really know the family details but you'll never convince me that Glenn would have wanted this. And if his family made the decision, well then I just don't agree with that decision being made.

As far as what more can they do, people have given ideas. A proper tribute is a good start.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Wait - you were trying to reason with me? Because it really didn't seem like it. It felt like a "nice and crappy" attack.

Hold yourself to the same standard you are expecting of others.

There are a lot of people who disagree with me on this matter who have zero problem with me. However, those people aren't coming into this thread with their gloves on.

I do restrain myself a great deal, limiting my critiques of the band to two threads, but it seems any criticism (no matter how reasonably stated) is unacceptable to some. It seems what people really want is for me to shut up about this entirely. That's not going to happen.
    Why do you have to respond the way you do? You hold all the cards, Soda. It's your ball, the only way we get to play with it if you let us, and we all know it. So why can you not be gracious?

Again, I do not want acrimony. I was minding my own business in the concert thread until someone said something about my post over here. I did not start this. I merely defended myself.