Page 37 of 92 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about that?

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

I can tell you what I'm a little upset about. Anything we post gets twisted. The reason why I didn't post the new photo is because I had a feeling the ones who don't like this current version is going to talk bad about the picture and I was right. Or post a video and they will come up with something to talk bad about the video or even an article. IMO that's what gets me.

What also gets me and I'm very confused about is we talked bad about Don, Joe and Timothy but when its comes to their individual boards, you're all nice and forgot that you hate them especially Don. I thought I was going to hear something negative about Timothy's fall. (side note: thank you Dreamer for putting up that get well soon thread on Timothy. I do appreciate that thread you made for us to wish well wishes for Timothy). That's what I get very confused about. That's probably the reason why we're (mainly me) on eggshells posting stuff because we know its going to get talked down in another thread.

I take stuff seriously and I do get hurt when I see negative stuff especially I'm part of that group. That's just me and I've been like that all my life. Maybe I need to stop listening or read negative stuff and not let stuff gets to me. Yes I should stay out of the negative thread, but its hard not to read when you have to click on it to say you read the thread so you will know when a new reply has been posted in another thread. I try to stay out of these arguments which IMO never stops. Anything new that pops up will always be talked down and that's why these arguments keep popping up.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 03-16-2018 at 11:03 AM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

I understand how you feel too Shun and I've gone through this in other fandoms. I too get too invested in things and sometimes have to take a step back from it if it's causing me too much stress, which it has. This is part of the reason I don't post that much at all across the whole board, and if I do it's just replying to things and I carefully word now what I have to say (and some of it had nothing to do with the band but other things that I've said in the past about various things). I know I haven't been that vocal but that's because I have been avoiding a lot of it as I don't need that stress. But I do feel too I have to be careful about what I say or post because of others reactions on both sides so I just really mostly read now and probably one day will stop coming over here as I feel this fandom has gotten too toxic on both sides. I've seen it happen in all my fandoms, especially for my TV shows, whenever there is a divisive issue so I shouldn't be surprised. It's the way the world is now and it's very nasty at times so I'd just rather not be a part of it and focus on better things.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border

When I say something negative about the current lineup these days, usually it's just a remark and not something I'm willing to fight about or defend for weeks. I say it and then move on. I said that it makes me sick to see the name "Eagles" on top of that otherwise nice picture. I said it and I'm done with that. If someone strongly disagrees and tells me so, it's perfectly fine. I will still think what I think, but I won't be "fighting my corner" about it. So I really don't think that I'm destroying other people's fun here with occasional remarks like that.
    Last edited by chaim; 03-16-2018 at 12:09 PM.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

You know what - I'm so freakin' disgusted right now that I can hardly think straight. Therefore, I'm not going to say a whole lot until I can regain my composure.

But, I will say this. I hate to see anyone leave here because the mission of this board has always been to create a fun place for Eagles fans all over the world to discuss their favorite band. That's, obviously, a lot easier said than done. But, the only person paying the bills to maintain this site is Nancy. So, even if you don't like the rules around here, you need to respect them. We have bent over backwards to try to make this fair for everyone, so if we have failed and you are miserable, then do yourself a favor and step away from the negativity. If anyone doesn't like what they read in other threads, DON"T GO THERE. But, if you choose to read them, than that's on you - so enough with the complaining. This whole new ridiculous outrage started because some choose to call other members 'haters', not because of the way the threads are structured. So, it's really simple - stop the name-calling and finger-pointing and maybe this toxic envioronment will improve.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

my main point from earlier is that I want to one day have it so that there aren’t threads where we discuss the Glenn issue anymore. The only 3.0 thing that would be talked about ideally would be those who just want to talk about their concert experience. I said emotionally so it came across poorly. But I will try to be an example of someone who can comment about the tour but not make it about Glenn and his replacments. I think that’s a possible solution. I feel bad about the hater comment. In my context I was just finding a word to describe people who rejected the new lineup. It was lazy and foolish. But I meant no offense and it’s something I wouldn’t take offense if I was told it. But again I don’t get to decide how others should feel. I just hope the issue becomes irrelevant on here at some point.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    My problem is that with all these instructions about what and where you can post, it's just easier to not bother and that isn't healthy for a message board. I try (but sometimes fail) to express how I feel rather than tell others how they should feel. I know I learn a lot from people who think differently but who have expressed themselves. For me, it's important to see the other side so I can try to understand. As a songwriter once wrote "You know you can't change the world, but you can change yourself". This is a fight in which there are no winners.
    And this is me too, UtW.

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    When I say something negative about the current lineup these days, usually it's just a remark and not something I'm willing to fight about or defend for weeks. I say it and then move on. I said that it makes me sick to see the name "Eagles" on top of that otherwise nice picture. I said it and I'm done with that. If someone strongly disagrees and tells me so, it's perfectly fine. I will still think what I think, but I won't be "fighting my corner" about it. So I really don't think that I'm destroying other people's fun here with occasional remarks like that.
    Chaim, perfect.

I pretty much avoid these threads because I hate conflict. I do not like to argue. Not one of us here can change anything about what this band does, so what is the point? We might as well all do our own thing, (go see and enjoy or don't go) and forget about it! Live and let live!

And that is my comment about this whole mess.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Haters is an inflammatory highly offensive term and was used specifically in reference to fans who are not supportive of the new version of the Eagles.

It was not a harmless, unintentional mistake. It was deliberate name calling and made worse when faced with the inevitable push back it turned into a whole different issue in a ridiculous attempt to shift the blame away from the name callers to the way the board is operated and structured.

Second, many non supporters are long time fans who have followed the band since the early 70's when the Eagles opened for other bands/artists dreaming of the day they would be headliners. Like me. Others actually met and knew Glenn Frey like Soda/Nancy the owner/operator of this incredible website and moderators and Border members who traveled from all over the US and from overseas to attend certain concerts and events as a group in support of Glenn Frey solo concerts and with the Eagles. The feelings over the loss of Glenn and what has happened since run very deep.

Haters as you call any of us is wrong on many levels but none so egregious as allegations made in this thread that are best left not personally addressed. At least not at this time.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Yes, 'haters' is an inflammatory term. And inflammatory terms never help.

Clearly some people have extremely negative feelings towards Eagles, e.g. a photo being labelled making someone feel 'sick', and a need to express these emotions.

How would these emotions best be described?

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Haters is an inflammatory highly offensive term and was used specifically in reference to fans who are not supportive of the new version of the Eagles.

It was not a harmless, unintentional mistake. It was deliberate name calling and made worse when faced with the inevitable push back it turned into a whole different issue in a ridiculous attempt to shift the blame away from the name callers to the way the board is operated and structured.

Second, many non supporters are long time fans who have followed the band since the early 70's when the Eagles opened for other bands/artists dreaming of the day they would be headliners. Like me. Others actually met and knew Glenn Frey like Soda/Nancy the owner/operator of this incredible website and moderators and Border members who traveled from all over the US and from overseas to attend certain concerts and events as a group in support of Glenn Frey solo concerts and with the Eagles. The feelings over the loss of Glenn and what has happened since run very deep.

Haters as you call any of us is wrong on many levels but none so egregious as allegations made in this thread that are best left not personally addressed. At least not at this time.
    I don’t know what else to tell you. The word hater is a word I’ve seen used a lot. It was used intentionally at the moment but I can tell you it’s a mistake. I’m the only one who used the word so it’s not fair to blame others in this thread for my mistake. It’s mine alone. But I didn’t try shifting blame away. In the same comment I owned up to using the comment I made my complaint. I wasn’t shifting blame. I wasn’t even blaming anyone in my complaint. I cannot stress enough that I do not find the word hater inflammatory or highly offensive. It was not the proper word to use and it was disrespectful but I would never use a word that I felt was highly inflammatory or offensive on purpose. I was called a don fanboy before and I let it go. I’m not saying that means what I said is ok but there wasn’t such a strong reaction to that as there is to this. I can wonder why but I’m not a victim in this situation, so I have limited grounds to complain about how I was treated. I regret using the word towards you, FreyPower, Walshfan, Soda, Dreamer, Chaim, New Kid In Town and others. There are a select few that the word would apply to but that isn’t relevant in this discussion. I was using hater as just a word for someone who has a great dislike for something. I felt it was appropriate. It wasn’t. I own up to and I’ll try harder to use better language

This is not a shift in blame as this was in the past but I felt frustrated when I was called a troll by people in the anti 3.0 forum. I felt that was not fair and I felt offended by that. I feel the word troll and hater are on similar footing. Maybe others don’t but I did. It’s in the past now but I just wish in this instance something was said. Name calling is never appropriate be it by me or anyone else and I hope that it can be solved. I will have to grow from this