Page 35 of 92 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about that?

Default Re: An Evening with the Eagles @ Smoothie King Center in New Orleans, LA - June 20, 2

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Thank you for that apology. I hugely resent being referred to as a "hater" of the Eagles and so I react strongly to it.
    I am sorry for causing that reaction. Poor word choice. I can apologize to the anti 3.0 thread if you deem it appropriate

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

No, that thread has another purpose. This thread is for discussion between pro and con. An apology in here will suffice.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Desperado

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

When I looked at the newest publicity photo, I didn't see anything deep or meaningful. I saw a picture of 5 bandmates possibly having some fun. If you look at some of their photos over the years there is some amusing stuff. If I remember correctly, in one photo Glenn wasn't wearing the pants to his suit. In another, Timothy is dressed like a bunny. There is one of Joe with really big shoes on the wrong feet and the others pointing at them. My opinion is that after the hundreds of photos they have had taken over the years, they don't take posing for pictures seriously. As I get older (in my 60's now) I want to enjoy life while I still have it and get rid of some of the worry about how I am perceived. Most people I talk to in my age group feel the same. Maybe Don, Joe and Timothy do too. As I understand it, this is a publicity photo that was posted along with concert information and on some ticket sales sites. Discussion on websites is a great way to generate interest in the subject being talked about. So if they post a photo that some might feel is controversial and discussions ensue then it is more attention/publicity focused on the band.
    Last edited by WKMB55; 03-16-2018 at 12:48 AM.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: An Evening with the Eagles @ Smoothie King Center in New Orleans, LA - June 20, 2

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    I am being completely honest here, I did not pay attention to who was saying what. I was paying attention to what was being said not who was saying it. I don’t understand at all how you think what I said is equal to me saying shut up and be done with it. I did not say that and made specific comments over and over to address that. The mothership comment isn’t an issue within itself. It becomes an issue when it’s being used NOW after Glenn is gone. I knew don and Glenn called the eagles the mothership and that their solo careers deviated it from but I would never find an eagles fan refer to the band with a such cold and business like term. It’s unique to now. I would have also commented on that thread but that is your thread not mine. I will repeat this part because I have said this before many a time, YOU ARE ENTITLED TO YOUR OPINION AND SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO HAVE A THREAD TO EXPRESS YOUR OPINIONS. I do not think they are good for the board to have so much negativity repeated but I DO NOT THINK YOU SHOULD “SHUT UP AND MOVE ON”. Sorry for the caps but I found it necessary to make that point clear. I merely think that if we didn’t have the thread it would be good. There isn’t a thread made specifically for pro 3.0 people to make arguments for it. These concerts thread are just discussion about the tour. The anti 3.0 group makes consistent argument points and debates against common pro 3.0 beliefs. But the pro 3.0 does not. It just talks about the concerts which is inherently pro 3.0 but it’s not argumentative. It’s just positive and happy conversation which is not any different than tour talk from HOTE, LROOE or any other tour

You said, and I quote:

The amount of discussion that has taken place is redundant and it leaves the board fractured. You’re entitled to a place to talk but at some point it just has to be done with.

There were some extremely hurtful posts made by some in the 3.0 thread which said a great deal more than talking about the concerts. While some of that is gone, it is false to say it never occurred.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    You said, and I quote:

The amount of discussion that has taken place is redundant and it leaves the board fractured. You’re entitled to a place to talk but at some point it just has to be done with.

There were some extremely hurtful posts made by some in the 3.0 thread which said a great deal more than talking about the concerts. While some of that is gone, it is false to say it never occurred.
    I said things on there I regret. I feel that was a long time ago and I was very new to the board and I learned things that changed my opinion. So I feel I learned from those mistakes. I assume you are referencing me, if not I’m not exactly sure what is being referenced. I said that I feel that unless new information is added to change the nature of the debate, I feel it’s unnecesssry. But that’s just my opinion

I'm going to post this, and then I'm done.

I came to the Border for one reason: Timothy B. Schmit

Timothy is the reason I re-discovered the Eagles. He is the reason I found the Border.

I have purposely stayed away from the argumentative threads and the threads that have descended into pointless bickering for a couple of reasons:
    • I HATE conflict.
    • I DO NOT CARE if the Eagles tour for another 5-10 years or stop touring tomorrow. Doesn't bother me one way or another.

Those Who Oppose the Current Lineup: I understand where you guys are coming from. I felt it with my favorite group's remaining members (or member now). I would never take away your feelings or opinions because they are genuine.

Those Who Support the Current Lineup: I understand where you are coming from too. You cannot understand all of the anger and bitterness over the current situation/band. I would never take away your feelings or opinions because they are genuine as well.

Both sides need to come to an agreement at some point. It may not happen for a few years. It may never happen. I know that. But at this point, I've had enough.

Please understand: This is NOT an attack on ANYONE. I'm simply stating my opinion from what I feel is a NEUTRAL viewpoint. If I have offended anyone, I apologize.

I wish you all well and hope you can find peace with the situation.

A little peace of mind is all I'm looking for....

Hey Fanny, I have enjoyed you immensely and will miss you. i appreciate your thoughtful post and wish you all the best. Timothy is a Sacramento kid and an amazing bass player and singer/songwriter. Loved him in POCO and the Eagles. He will always have a special place in my heart. Take care and thanks again for your kind words. Blessings, Dawn

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

I don't think there is anything wrong with the comments on Tim's "stance" in the picture. I thought the same as FP did, but I didn't post it. Now I will, in defense of her. If you want to throw digs, go right ahead but they mean nothing to me.

YEF - there will never be a time for one side to stop talking while the other side gets to continue on. It will never happen. I will accept your apology, but you are way off with your comments about us all being "haters". I vehemently oppose.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    You’re entitled to a place to talk but at some point it just has to be done with. I’m not saying forget about Glenn and accept the lineup but I don’t like that a place that consistently undermines the current band lineup is still in existence for more than a year.
    "You are entitled to it, but after awhile it just has to stop"...is a contradiction if I've ever heard one. So which is it, YEF? The former or the latter? Because it's the former. To me if you take away the negative 3.0 posts but leave up the excitement threads and the pro 3.0 posts, it's not fair. I feel the way Soda and Dreamer and the mods are handling it now is more than fair for everyone and I give them kudos for maintaining it in a climate that isn't very pleasant at times.

I'm sorry the fact that the board still has threads for people to discuss their displeasure in the band members and them continuing on upsets you so much. You have to accept that it will be undermined by some who feel like I do. Maybe if you'd like to have a message board that meets your satisfaction you can go create one and invite all of the likeminded people that you know and insist on only pro-3.0 posters comment or post there. I wouldn't have a problem with it.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by FannyBeTender View Post
    I'm going to post this, and then I'm done.

I came to the Border for one reason: Timothy B. Schmit

Timothy is the reason I re-discovered the Eagles. He is the reason I found the Border.

I have purposely stayed away from the argumentative threads and the threads that have descended into pointless bickering for a couple of reasons:
    • I HATE conflict.
    • I DO NOT CARE if the Eagles tour for another 5-10 years or stop touring tomorrow. Doesn't bother me one way or another.

Those Who Oppose the Current Lineup: I understand where you guys are coming from. I felt it with my favorite group's remaining members (or member now). I would never take away your feelings or opinions because they are genuine.

Those Who Support the Current Lineup: I understand where you are coming from too. You cannot understand all of the anger and bitterness over the current situation/band. I would never take away your feelings or opinions because they are genuine as well.

Both sides need to come to an agreement at some point. It may not happen for a few years. It may never happen. I know that. But at this point, I've had enough.

Please understand: This is NOT an attack on ANYONE. I'm simply stating my opinion from what I feel is a NEUTRAL viewpoint. If I have offended anyone, I apologize.

I wish you all well and hope you can find peace with the situation.
    FBT, I bid you adieu.

I'm sorry if the heated debates wore on you too much. I understand. I've enjoyed your posts here and I hope at some point you will feel like coming back either when the debating is avoidable or has ceased. I don't think either side will agree on it. The ones on the pro side are just as outspoken as we are on the con side and I think there is no good solution. The continuation of the "Eagles" has certainly drove a wedge between the two camps of Eagles fans that were previously friends and liked each other. I'm not innocent here, but I'm not the only one. At some point it will naturally calm down or I think we will forever be separated as far as Eagles fans go. I feel the mods/admin are doing a good job considering the admittedly hasty environment. I agree in that I don't think we are ever going to change each others minds as far as those for and against 3.0.

I wish you well,

-WF88/Austin
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger