Page 15 of 92 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about that?

Border Desperado

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    I'm just curious how much revenue the band made last year and how much they will make on this tour. 8 concerts to 52 is a big bump. The media has not reported on how much money last summer's The Classics East/West & Northwest made. The Eagles were one of 6 bands for East/West and 1 of 2 for Northwest.
    Dawn — found the info you were looking for
    “Pollstar 2017 year end concert revenue” google search
    Pollstar info and you don’t have to subscribe to get it
    Not able to post a link ..

Classic West and East ranked #4 and 6 in top 20 worldwide festival gross ~33M
    Coachella #1 with ~114M

Eagles were #129 on top 200 NA tours 9.9M.
    Don H also made the list at #175 6.7M
    U2 #1 with 176M

Eagles also made top 200 concert gross at #126 with the 2 Atlanta shows ~3.8M
    U2 #1 again

there are links to other reports as well .. interesting reading but those nbrs are
    insane

also .. Billboard magazine article from 2016 (quoted by Azoff) notes Eagles earned upwards of 1Billion between 1994-2016 with HFO, LROOE and HOTE tours
    Last edited by tac0mao6; 03-03-2018 at 12:02 AM.

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

Quote Originally Posted by tac0mao6 View Post
    Dawn — found the info you were looking for
    “Pollstar 2017 year end concert revenue” google search
    Pollstar info and you don’t have to subscribe to get it
    Not able to post a link ..

Classic West and East ranked #4 and 6 in top 20 worldwide festival gross ~33M
    Coachella #1 with ~114M

Eagles were #129 on top 200 NA tours 9.9M.
    Don H also made the list at #175 6.7M
    U2 #1 with 176M

Eagles also made top 200 concert gross at #126 with the 2 Atlanta shows ~3.8M
    U2 #1 again

there are links to other reports as well .. interesting reading but those nbrs are
    insane

also .. Billboard magazine article from 2016 (quoted by Azoff) notes Eagles earned upwards of 1Billion between 1994-2016 with HFO, LROOE and HOTE tours
    You are awesome tac0mao6!!! Thank you so much! I don't know how I missed this info or why I thought one had to be a subscriber but I did. Thanks again, I really appreciate your time and effort to help me out!

Dawn

I wonder if Vince and Deacon are being paid equally. Thoughts anyone?

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Border Desperado

I wonder if Vince and Deacon are being paid equally. Thoughts anyone?

you’re welcome Dawn
    as for the pie being divvied up evenly? really, really doubt that would ever happen

Quote Originally Posted by tac0mao6 View Post
    you’re welcome Dawn
    as for the pie being divvied up evenly? really, really doubt that would ever happen
    Yeah me either but I got to thinking about it and wondering specifically about Deacon.

Yeah me either but I got to thinking about it and wondering specifically about Deacon.
    Maybe. I could see him donating what ever he earns to charities Glenn founded

What happens if they take Vince Gill or Deacon Frey or even both out of the lineup? I view Deacon on equal footing with Gill. They were both hired to replace Glenn. At the moment they are not official Eagles. They are touring members of the band. Seems like their primary job is sharing lead vocals on Glenn Frey songs in addition to playing guitar and singing harmony parts.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

I think that the current lineup works as well as we could hope for given the circumstances. I'd prefer that they keep it the same. However, that's their decision, not mine.

They have 52 concerts to play with this lineup for this tour. That is hard core, a major commitment. I can not imagine them doing this same routine year after year.

Stuck on the Border

What happens if they take Vince Gill or Deacon Frey or even both out of the lineup? I view Deacon on equal footing with Gill. They were both hired to replace Glenn. At the moment they are not official Eagles. They are touring members of the band. Seems like their primary job is sharing lead vocals on Glenn Frey songs in addition to playing guitar and singing harmony parts.
    Why are they in the photograph, then?

What else should their roles be?

I would actually say that when I saw that photo, with Deacon & the other guy, as far as I was concerned that was the absolute final straw, the final nail in the coffin in my interest in them & their activities.
    Last edited by Freypower; 03-03-2018 at 07:22 PM.

For me, I lost interest the day Glenn Frey died.

I do remember seeing that promotional publicity photo of Deacon Frey and Vince Gill for the first time and reading the LA Times article about the Eagles (Don Henley) calling on " family & friends" and wondering if this wasn't the beginning of (as one person described it) "the world's greatest Eagles tribute band going on tour".

IIRC in the LA Times interview Don Henley described the upcoming Classics as an "experiment" and more or less implied that whatever happened next would be Azoff's ball.

Personally, I don't know how long the band will continue to tour with Vince Gill and Deacon Frey.
    Last edited by Dawn; 03-05-2018 at 08:30 PM.