Page 68 of 92 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about that?

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm1968 View Post
    Lord, help! LOL More hair splitting!
    You sound like Bill Clinton. "It depends on what the definition of is, is."

It seems to me that you are intent on attempting to be just as insulting as possible. I do not "condemn people for things they didn't actually say/do."
    I can give you the most recent example as I was involved. It was the 'I suppose you mean me' response to my post about the irony of seeing praise of VG's performance of TITTL. You also called me 'passive aggressive'. As Soda tried to explain & I later tried to explain, I was not referring to you as an individual. For a start there were several posts in that thread that said how they liked his version, not just yours. The point of my post was to comment on the irony of people liking it when they never liked Glenn's version. I note that you never responded to my clarification of what I actually meant.

I am not going over all that again, but there's your example.

Border Rebel

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

In regards to a tribute concert, I agree that it would be nice, but I can also see the other side. We fans are remembering Glenn's musical talent, and maybe a little of what we knew of the man personally, but it's a very different kind of grief for his family, friends and band mates. Some people don't want to share that. Perhaps they feel that the private concert was the right way to go.

I remember when JFK Jr. got married, he took great pains to keep the place and time of the wedding from the press. He wanted it to be his wedding not America's. I think Billy Joel and Christie Brinkley got married on a boat for some of the same reasons.

No doubt, some people would want the same for a funeral, tribute or celebration of life. Glenn may even have specified that in a will or to his family privately. (I'm not saying he did, or even that it's likely; I'm just saying it's a possibility.)

And I know some people are unhappy with the way the band is honoring Glenn at the concerts. Could they do more? Yes, but at the NYC concert I went to last year, the fans, including myself, seemed respectful and touched by it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I can give you the most recent example as I was involved. It was the 'I suppose you mean me' response to my post about the irony of seeing praise of VG's performance of TITTL. You also called me 'passive aggressive'. As Soda tried to explain & I later tried to explain, I was not referring to you as an individual. For a start there were several posts in that thread that said how they liked his version, not just yours. The point of my post was to comment on the irony of people liking it when they never liked Glenn's version. I note that you never responded to my clarification of what I actually meant.

I am not going over all that again, but there's your example.

Give me a break! I posted about how I had been scared to hear Vince doing TITTL in concert but that I actually loved it on 3/28/18 @ 1:06. Your post was posted on the very same day at 5:07 PM, barely four hours later. No one else had said anything about that particular subject in a very long time on this board, just me, so why wouldn't I think that you meant me? That's what I mean by passive aggressive. You guys take a swipe but then get mad when someone calls you on it. It's comical! Just be honest!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by maryc2130 View Post
    In regards to a tribute concert, I agree that it would be nice, but I can also see the other side. We fans are remembering Glenn's musical talent, and maybe a little of what we knew of the man personally, but it's a very different kind of grief for his family, friends and band mates. Some people don't want to share that. Perhaps they feel that the private concert was the right way to go.

I remember when JFK Jr. got married, he took great pains to keep the place and time of the wedding from the press. He wanted it to be his wedding not America's. I think Billy Joel and Christie Brinkley got married on a boat for some of the same reasons.

No doubt, some people would want the same for a funeral, tribute or celebration of life. Glenn may even have specified that in a will or to his family privately. (I'm not saying he did, or even that it's likely; I'm just saying it's a possibility.)

And I know some people are unhappy with the way the band is honoring Glenn at the concerts. Could they do more? Yes, but at the NYC concert I went to last year, the fans, including myself, seemed respectful and touched by it.
    Once again, this is not about the grief felt by anyone. What it should be about is that Glenn Frey, the musician, deserved to have his body of work honoured in a public setting. Why it is constantly being mixed up with what happened for the private person, I have no idea.

Freddie Mercury, George Harrison, Tom Petty, Chester Bennington, many, other deceased musicians have had tribute concerts. Public tribute concerts.

Stuck on the Border

Give me a break! I posted about how I had been scared to hear Vince doing TITTL in concert but that I actually loved it on 3/28/18 @ 1:06. Your post was posted on the very same day at 5:07 PM, barely four hours later. No one else had said anything about that particular subject in a very long time on this board, just me, so why wouldn't I think that you meant me? That's what I mean by passive aggressive. You guys take a swipe but then get mad when someone calls you on it. It's comical! Just be honest!
    I just explained to you that I was referring to ALL THE POSTS in that thread that talked about the song, NOT JUST YOU. There are other posts in the thread that talk about the song, NOT JUST YOURS.

If you cannot understand that, then I have nothing further to say to you. If you still cannot accept that I did not ONLY refer to you then I cannot help you. If you still cannot understand that I was not only referring to that thread, then I give up.

Banned

I just explained to you that I was referring to ALL THE POSTS in that thread that talked about the song, NOT JUST YOU. There are other posts in the thread that talk about the song, NOT JUST YOURS.

If you cannot understand that, then I have nothing further to say to you. If you still cannot accept that I did not ONLY refer to you then I cannot help you. If you still cannot understand that I was not only referring to that thread, then I give up.
    I actually think you should because you are in the wrong and you know it.

Stuck on the Border

I actually think you should because you are in the wrong and you know it.
    Are you actually serious?

Don't listen to me, then. Go back & read what Soda tried to say to you.

Here's what I mean. Freypower commented upon the "irony" that those who "criticised Glenn's performance" of TITTL now sing the "praise of Gill's performance."

You replied: "I suppose you mean me, since I mentioned that I loved Vince's version of the song in the concert thread." BUT, you go on to say that "I don't remember ever criticizing Glenn Frey for singing that song" before continuing your critique.

Thus... you admit that FP's description does not entirely apply to you. You meant it as a criticism of her, not realizing that actually, it problematizes your assumption that she was talking about you.

Also, perhaps it is worth mentioning that I did not directly reply to you in the thread because I thought it best to post in the 'legit' thread where people like me are supposedly allowed to express opinions.
    Last edited by Freypower; 04-02-2018 at 08:55 PM.

Border Rebel

Once again, this is not about the grief felt by anyone. What it should be about is that Glenn Frey, the musician, deserved to have his body of work honoured in a public setting. Why it is constantly being mixed up with what happened for the private person, I have no idea.

Freddie Mercury, George Harrison, Tom Petty, Chester Bennington, many, other deceased musicians have had tribute concerts. Public tribute concerts.
    It is about the grief felt. Yes, it's a tribute, but it's a way of celebrating Glenn's music and life, and some people would rather keep that private.

Personally while I feel very sad we lost Glenn -- I have accepted the fact that we have and am at peace. I would like to see Glenn honored in a public way that celebrates his life and the significant impact his music has had on millions of fans. It is about appreciation and yes, respect.

Lest we forget, Glenn Frey did not live to see himself and the band he helped start and lead to phenomenal success honored by the prestigious Kennedy Center. Thankfully he was aware they had been chosen - that is a blessing IMHO.
    Last edited by Dawn; 04-02-2018 at 09:25 PM.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016