Page 75 of 92 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about that?

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post

I'm sure you realize that people are emotional about this band. How can anyone post that kind of stuff and not expect someone to disagree with it?
    Welcome, Arlee!

I am among those who don't feel that it is the Eagles without Glenn. I try to stay out of these debates, but I wanted to address this. I think I can speak for many people who feel as I do that we are emotional about this band too, and that is precisely why we feel this way. I have no ill will toward Deacon at all. But to me, an Eagles without Glenn is not a band I have any interest in. It doesn't make anyone less of a fan than anyone else.

Border Desperado longtimeeaglesfan's Avatar

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

Welcome Arlee. I agree with pretty much everything you said in your first post.

As mentioned, the thread where you made your original post was created in order to keep this site more civil as there are several Eagles fans that don't agree with the continuation of the Eagles since Glenn died. That thread allows those fans to continue to post their mutual disdain every time the current tour is extended or they read a positive concert review without having to listen to the other side. They have heard all the arguments in favor of the current continuation/lineup and repetition of same will do nothing to change their minds.

On the whole, this message board is far more positive than some other boards out their for other fan groups. Many of us are also fans of Fleetwood Mac and there are similar comparisons that can be made to their continuation without Lindsey Buckingham. If you were to look at ledge.fleetwoodmac.net I suspect you would be even more appalled because there is much more vitriol posted there about members of that band.

I believe on this message board fans on both sides of the issue generally like all members of the Eagles, past and present. There are plenty of places on here to learn more about the band and read the many great contributions that fans on both sides of the fence have made and continue to make.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by longtimeeaglesfan View Post
    As mentioned, the thread where you made your original post was created in order to keep this site more civil as there are several Eagles fans that don't agree with the continuation of the Eagles since Glenn died. That thread allows those fans to continue to post their mutual disdain every time the current tour is extended or they read a positive concert review without having to listen to the other side. They have heard all the arguments in favor of the current continuation/lineup and repetition of same will do nothing to change their minds.
    There are also threads where people don't have to listen to OUR side.

Border Desperado longtimeeaglesfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    There are also threads where people don't have to listen to OUR side.
    Agreed, there are many threads that have nothing to do with the current lineup and there are threads on the current North American/World Tours and pre-concert anticipation threads that are free from "fun?" comments that they are an abomination, etc.

There is something for all to enjoy and be positive here. As Soda mentioned "most people join a board for fun"and for the most part it is!

I believe this is what he meant:

If you can't accept the fact that we who are against the new Eagles have our own thread - where we don't have to defend ourselves over and over and over and over again - then you don't have to be here. The title of the thread says who it's for.

Am I right, Austin?
    Right on, Chaim!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    Welcome, Arlee!

I am among those who don't feel that it is the Eagles without Glenn. I try to stay out of these debates, but I wanted to address this. I think I can speak for many people who feel as I do that we are emotional about this band too, and that is precisely why we feel this way. I have no ill will toward Deacon at all. But to me, an Eagles without Glenn is not a band I have any interest in. It doesn't make anyone less of a fan than anyone else.
    Thank you for the welcome! I can understand those feelings. What threw me was the more extreme comments that I thought were cold and cruel. About his family and also that us fans who go see the current line-up think that Glenn didn't really matter.

The live concerts pay due reverence to Glenn. It's a celebration of him, his legacy, and the music. It's emotional and moving. But I understand how some people would feel hurt, seeing them there without Glenn.

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by longtimeeaglesfan View Post
    Welcome Arlee. I agree with pretty much everything you said in your first post.

On the whole, this message board is far more positive than some other boards out their for other fan groups. Many of us are also fans of Fleetwood Mac and there are similar comparisons that can be made to their continuation without Lindsey Buckingham. If you were to look at ledge.fleetwoodmac.net I suspect you would be even more appalled because there is much more vitriol posted there about members of that band.

I believe on this message board fans on both sides of the issue generally like all members of the Eagles, past and present. There are plenty of places on here to learn more about the band and read the many great contributions that fans on both sides of the fence have made and continue to make.
    Thank you. I originally didn't know the intent of the thread when I went in, but I'd started reading. I was taken aback by the comments that I felt were personal attacks on the Eagles family and the fans. Also there were some things said that I knew weren't true. Thanks again.

Out on the Border

Good. You didn't seem to understand it earlier. "There was nothing wrong with keeping my post there" etc.
    The reason I said that is because some of my post addressed some untruths in that thread about their friendships and Deacon's background. Some things that were stated were flat-out false.

I thought the title was addressing the "anti-new line-up" folks and didn't realize it was a vent-only thread.

But then I saw some of those comments that I thought were cold and cruel and my heart sank.😟

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    The reason I said that is because some of my post addressed some untruths in that thread about their friendships and Deacon's background. Some things that were stated were flat-out false.

I thought the title was addressing the "anti-new line-up" folks and didn't realize it was a vent-only thread.

But then I saw some of those comments that I thought were cold and cruel and my heart sank.😟
    Ok. I hope you can enjoy this forum anyway. There's plenty to enjoy for both "sides".

Out on the Border

Ok. I hope you can enjoy this forum anyway. There's plenty to enjoy for both "sides".
    Thank you.