Page 42 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 920

Thread: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about that?

  1. #411
    Stuck on the Border
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,742

    Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    TL;DR:

    There are some situations that I would strongly dislike, and some that I would find unacceptable.

    Hence, I don't think I just accept everything blindly. But, I find the current Eagles and their activities since touring started not just acceptable, but a good thing.
    Oh. I wasn't referring to you at all.

  2. #412
    Stuck on the Border
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    24,191

    Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    I'm not talking about just one thing, or you in particular. It's seeing example after example of very many things all put together.

    When people give in to hate, it becomes a self-fuelling fire, as the hate generates outrage, which leads to interpretation of everything in that light, which leads to further outrage, which deepens the hate.

    This is what I believe that I'm seeing in some corners here. That people have become so obsessed with what is going on that they are interpreting everything through that filter. And building outrage on outrage.

    Looking at the photograph, we have a picture of a band with the current members, and two of the members are holding their guitars. This is a very normal and unexceptional thing to happen. I don't think that Deacon is trying to 'legitimise' his position in the band, he's just a guitarist and singer in a band who is holding a guitar. He was invited in by the current members, and has done a very good job in the band. That makes him fully legitimate, and I don't think there is any further striving for legitimacy that he needs to address by holding a guitar in a picture.

    That the picture is being picked apart and interpreted in the way that it is is just another example of this. By itself, it wouldn't be that significant. But as a pattern that has now been going on for over a year, the sum total is incredibly significant in my eyes.

    As for why the emotion needs to be express. I wouldn't say 'needs', but it is reasonable that if people are part of a community and that they are unhappy with what is happening in that community, that they can express and discuss these opinions.

    And directly for Chaim, I'm sorry if you found my language 'patronising' or 'an intellectual phrase'. I used formal language, but this is part because I wasn't sure how to express my opinion. I had asked several times what language was appropriate but didn't really get an answer.
    I repeat, I am not a 'hater' and once again, I object in the stongest possible fashion to the use of this word which demonises me & basically says that nothing I say has any validity.

  3. #413
    Stuck on the Border
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,742

    Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

    Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I repeat, I am not a 'hater' and once again, I object in the stongest possible fashion to the use of this word which demonises me & basically says that nothing I say has any validity.
    You are not a 'hater' and everything you say has validity.

    EDIT:

    And you're certainly not in some category defined by somebody else.

  4. #414
    Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Leicester, UK
    Posts
    3,384

    Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

    Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I repeat, I am not a 'hater' and once again, I object in the stongest possible fashion to the use of this word which demonises me & basically says that nothing I say has any validity.
    You quoted my post, so I presume that you are referring to me. I didn't use the word at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    Oh. I wasn't referring to you at all.
    Again, you quoted my post. I therefore thought that the text underneath the post referred to me for that reason.

  5. #415
    Stuck on the Border
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,742

    Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    Again, you quoted my post. I therefore thought that the text underneath the post referred to me for that reason.
    Nothing I said or did implied I was talking about you.

  6. #416
    Stuck on the Border
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    24,191

    Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    You quoted my post, so I presume that you are referring to me. I didn't use the word at all.



    Again, you quoted my post. I therefore thought that the text underneath the post referred to me for that reason.

    I quoted your post where you said 'where people give in to hate'. I bolded it for you. Please don't continue to deny that is what you said.

  7. #417
    Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Leicester, UK
    Posts
    3,384

    Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

    Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I quoted your post where you said 'where people give in to hate'. I bolded it for you. Please don't continue to deny that is what you said.
    I'm not denying that I said what I said, but I didn't use the word ending in 'r'. I was very careful not to.

    Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    Nothing I said or did implied I was talking about you.
    It was said right underneath a quote of my post?!?!?!?! How does that not imply that you were talking about me?

  8. #418
    Stuck on the Border
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,742

    Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    It was said right underneath a quote of my post?!?!?!?!
    Relax. I was referring to the discussion about those "given in to hate" - and suggested (as a joke, by the way) that perhaps we should discuss a possible group that is just the opposite. "If there is one", I said. I didn't say the group exists and certainly not that you belong in one.
    Last edited by chaim; 03-17-2018 at 05:50 PM.

  9. #419
    Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Leicester, UK
    Posts
    3,384

    Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

    Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    Relax. I was referring to the discussion about those "given up to hate" - and suggested (as a joke, by the way) that perhaps we should discuss a possible group that is just the opposite. "If there is one", I said. I didn't say the group exists and certainly not that you belong in one.
    I now strongly suspect that we are talking at cross purposes. It might be best to end it here as the misunderstanding doesn't seem to be resolving.

  10. #420
    Stuck on the Border
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,742

    Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    I now strongly suspect that we are talking at cross purposes. It might be best to end it here as the misunderstanding doesn't seem to be resolving.
    You misunderstood the meaning of my post. I explained what I actually meant. What is there left to resolve?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •