Page 38 of 92 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about that?

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    I don’t know what else to tell you. The word hater is a word I’ve seen used a lot. It was used intentionally at the moment but I can tell you it’s a mistake. I’m the only one who used the word so it’s not fair to blame others in this thread for my mistake. It’s mine alone. But I didn’t try shifting blame away. In the same comment I owned up to using the comment I made my complaint. I wasn’t shifting blame. I wasn’t even blaming anyone in my complaint. I cannot stress enough that I do not find the word hater inflammatory or highly offensive. It was not the proper word to use and it was disrespectful but I would never use a word that I felt was highly inflammatory or offensive on purpose. I was called a don fanboy before and I let it go. I’m not saying that means what I said is ok but there wasn’t such a strong reaction to that as there is to this. I can wonder why but I’m not a victim in this situation, so I have limited grounds to complain about how I was treated. I regret using the word towards you, FreyPower, Walshfan, Soda, Dreamer, Chaim, New Kid In Town and others. There are a select few that the word would apply to but that isn’t relevant in this discussion. I was using hater as just a word for someone who has a great dislike for something. I felt it was appropriate. It wasn’t. I own up to and I’ll try harder to use better language
    I would think that it would be reasonable that you could express your opinion if you wish to, but finding the appropriate language is going to be very difficult.

This is not a shift in blame as this was in the past but I felt frustrated when I was called a troll by people in the anti 3.0 forum. I felt that was not fair and I felt offended by that. I feel the word troll and hater are on similar footing. Maybe others don’t but I did. It’s in the past now but I just wish in this instance something was said. Name calling is never appropriate be it by me or anyone else and I hope that it can be solved. I will have to grow from this
    I agree that inappropriate language has been used by both sides. I'm not sure if the word 'troll' was used directly on me, but I was accused of trolling.

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

perhaps you might need to go back and read your convo commiserating about haters with Tac.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    perhaps you might need to go back and read your convo commiserating about haters with Tac.
    To whom is this addressed?

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    I would think that it would be reasonable that you could express your opinion if you wish to, but finding the appropriate language is going to be very difficult.

I agree that inappropriate language has been used by both sides. I'm not sure if the word 'troll' was used directly on me, but I was accused of trolling.
    I tend to agree. I have a poor record of saying what I intend to say.

I’m not quite sure what you mean by that.

Trolls as in posters who engage in baiting, stirring the pot, etc not the same as hater.

I’m not quite sure what you mean by that.
    Your post 329

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    To whom is this addressed?
    Sorry, not you.

Your post 329
    (Here the 'you' is YEF, not me.)

I note that in that conversation, that Tac wasn't criciticsed for his/her language:

Quote Originally Posted by tac0mao6 View Post
    why shouldn’t you be excited? if not, why buy the ticket?
    i know the raging debate continues and they are entitled to
    their opinions too, but i think it’s sad that hate takes over in
    some other threads.

i’ll be going to the houston show in june .. my 1st eagles show
    and i’m over the moon
    would i like to have seen glenn, randy, bernie and don f?
    i love the music from that lineup and i would just about sell my soul
    for an opportunity to go back in time, but since that isn’t
    possible, i’m giving the current lineup a chance and am not gonna
    let the haters ruin it for me
    be excited shun ... enjoy the show
    (My emphasis)

I'm clearly not expecting everyone to agree with the bolded bit. But, is that a reasonable way to express an opinion on here? It does mention the h-word, but it's the subsequent post that was criticised.

Trolls as in posters who engage in baiting, stirring the pot, etc not the same as hater.
    I still found the term belittling. I’ve never made comments intended to make people angry. Quite frankly arguments on here stress me out. I don’t enjoy this, it happens but I don’t like it at all. I felt it was an unfair assertion that just because I held particular views, I must be trying to stir the pot, and not have an actual discussion