Page 40 of 92 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about that?

Border Desperado

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

Thank you, Freypower. I respect your opinion as well. A lot of different people can look at the same picture and all might interpret it differently. That's life. Those who visit this site know pretty much how the others feel although I'm still undecided on a number of things. Some things have happened that even in my wildest imagination I couldn't have seen coming. Sadly the dynamics of everything associated with the Eagles changed forever the day Glenn passed.

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

Quote Originally Posted by WKMB55 View Post
    Sadly the dynamics of everything associated with the Eagles changed forever the day Glenn passed.
    Exactly.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Desperado

Underthewire, my son was in his mid twenties when my husband/his father passed unexpectedly. It was a real struggle for him to come to terms with the situation and how to honor his father. Then he tried to take it upon himself (but I wouldn't let him) to try to do things that would make me happy because that is what his father had always done. These are things people who have never been in this situation don't fully understand and how could they? I'm willing to give Deacon some extra understanding.

Default Re: An Evening with the Eagles @ Smoothie King Center in New Orleans, LA - June 20, 2

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    "You are entitled to it, but after awhile it just has to stop"...is a contradiction if I've ever heard one. So which is it, YEF? The former or the latter? Because it's the former. To me if you take away the negative 3.0 posts but leave up the excitement threads and the pro 3.0 posts, it's not fair. I feel the way Soda and Dreamer and the mods are handling it now is more than fair for everyone and I give them kudos for maintaining it in a climate that isn't very pleasant at times.

I'm sorry the fact that the board still has threads for people to discuss their displeasure in the band members and them continuing on upsets you so much. You have to accept that it will be undermined by some who feel like I do. Maybe if you'd like to have a message board that meets your satisfaction you can go create one and invite all of the likeminded people that you know and insist on only pro-3.0 posters comment or post there. I wouldn't have a problem with it.
    Excellent post Austin you make some very good points.

Dawn

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Border Rebel

I feel that if Timothy had been taking that stance on an old picture with the band before Glenn died, the negative comments would not have been made. Maybe that's not true, but to me, because people don't like the concept of Eagles 3.0, they try to find things in this new iteration of the band to support that view. It's human nature, in a way. I could be wrong, and if i am, I apologize, but it does seem that way to me.

I just don't care for the styling.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Well, you're with me. I also took exception to that photo, specifically the image of Schmit standing with his arms folded. I found the body language negative & said so. I was instantly labelled bitter & out of touch with reality. I won't requote it, but what made it worse was that this was not even addressed to me personally. Putting it in the 'other' thread did not mean I was not going to see it & comment on it

All I have been trying to say is the 3.0 people are going to have to accept that the anti 3.0 people will never accept this situation. They complain they are victims. I'm afraid I disagree. The real victims are fans of Glenn Frey who miss him & have no subsitute for him.

However I believe that after two long years, fans of Glenn Frey may have something to be pleased about. I will head over there.
    The word 'sick' came from my brief post. I find the comment about the "need to express these emotions" patronizing. Sure, it's an intellectual sounding phrase, but I don't see any great signifigance in it here. Everyone has a "need to express emotions" - whether they hate the current band or love it.

EDIT:

Guess I just don't enjoy being singled out when I only make occasional brief comments about the "issue".
    Last edited by chaim; 03-17-2018 at 04:02 AM.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    Not sure what we're getting at here. I said how I felt about a picture with a band name above it, and almost everyone "expresses emotions". Why should it be described in some way? Do I need a label?
    I'm not talking about just one thing, or you in particular. It's seeing example after example of very many things all put together.

When people give in to hate, it becomes a self-fuelling fire, as the hate generates outrage, which leads to interpretation of everything in that light, which leads to further outrage, which deepens the hate.

This is what I believe that I'm seeing in some corners here. That people have become so obsessed with what is going on that they are interpreting everything through that filter. And building outrage on outrage.

Looking at the photograph, we have a picture of a band with the current members, and two of the members are holding their guitars. This is a very normal and unexceptional thing to happen. I don't think that Deacon is trying to 'legitimise' his position in the band, he's just a guitarist and singer in a band who is holding a guitar. He was invited in by the current members, and has done a very good job in the band. That makes him fully legitimate, and I don't think there is any further striving for legitimacy that he needs to address by holding a guitar in a picture.

That the picture is being picked apart and interpreted in the way that it is is just another example of this. By itself, it wouldn't be that significant. But as a pattern that has now been going on for over a year, the sum total is incredibly significant in my eyes.

As for why the emotion needs to be express. I wouldn't say 'needs', but it is reasonable that if people are part of a community and that they are unhappy with what is happening in that community, that they can express and discuss these opinions.

And directly for Chaim, I'm sorry if you found my language 'patronising' or 'an intellectual phrase'. I used formal language, but this is part because I wasn't sure how to express my opinion. I had asked several times what language was appropriate but didn't really get an answer.
    Last edited by Annoying Twit; 03-17-2018 at 04:20 AM.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    I'm not talking about just one thing, or you in particular. It's seeing example after example of very many things all put together.

When people give in to hate, it becomes a self-fuelling fire, as the hate generates outrage, which leads to interpretation of everything in that light, which leads to further outrage, which deepens the hate.

This is what I believe that I'm seeing in some corners here. That people have become so obsessed with what is going on that they are interpreting everything through that filter. And building outrage on outrage.

Looking at the photograph, we have a picture of a band with the current members, and two of the members are holding their guitars. This is a very normal and unexceptional thing to happen. I don't think that Deacon is trying to 'legitimise' his position in the band, he's just a guitarist and singer in a band who is holding a guitar. He was invited in by the current members, and has done a very good job in the band. That makes him fully legitimate, and I don't think there is any further striving for legitimacy that he needs to address by holding a guitar in a picture.

That the picture is being picked apart and interpreted in the way that it is is just another example of this. By itself, it wouldn't be that significant. But as a pattern that has now been going on for over a year, the sum total is incredibly significant in my eyes.

As for why the emotion needs to be express. I wouldn't say 'needs', but it is reasonable that if people are part of a community and that they are unhappy with what is happening in that community, that they can express and discuss these opinions.
    So you were actually defending us with those words. If so, it's nice and appreciated. If there had been the word 'too' at the end ("...express their emotions too.") I probably wouldn't have misunderstood.

I haven't read every post here lately. What I saw was a word from my post singled out and I only post occasionally these days. Felt like I'm supposedly leading some kind of a "hate" group here.
    Last edited by chaim; 03-17-2018 at 10:36 AM.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    So you were actually defending us with those words. If so, it's nice and appreciated. If there had been the word 'too' at the end ("...express their emotions too.") I probably wouldn't have misunderstood.

I haven't read every post here lately. What I saw was a word from my post singled out and I only post occasionally these days. Felt like I'd leading some kind of a "hate" group here.
    That wasn't an attempt to defend or criticise anyone, but an attempt at an objective description of the situation.

In general, I am saying that it looks to me as if some people have given in to hate, and of course I don't expect them to be happy with this characterisation or accept it in any way.