Page 33 of 92 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about that?

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    Vince Gill singing his song(s) in a Eagles concert is something I don't get, but luckily I don't have to.
    I totally agree with you, chaim. But, obviously, the ideas about what should or should not happen at an Eagles concert vary widely among the fanbase.

And, AT, of course, it would be expected that the current lineup will receive lots of applause at these shows. After all, the people who want to 'boo' them aren't in attendance.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    To me this is an indication that Vince is being treated more like a band member than a sideman. The other band members get to sing solo songs. Except for Tim for some unknown reason. (I'd really like to hear Tim do a song from Leap of Faith.) Look at all of Joe's solo songs. Both Glenn and Don H have sung solo songs at Eagles concerts in the past. I can't see anything wrong with Vince being given the opportunity to sing a solo song.

Nor can I see anything wrong with a duet with a female guest singer particularly if it's someone very talented and with a distinctive voice such as Shawn Colvin. I'd particularly enjoy it if instead of just singing a random hit, they re-interpreted an Eagles song as a duet.
    Of course he's being treated as a band member. He is in the photo which you must have seen.

The fact that he has absolutely no history or connection or anything to do with what used to be the Eagles, except for the Common Thread project, is apparently irrelevant.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Of course he's being treated as a band member. He is in the photo which you must have seen.

The fact that he has absolutely no history or connection or anything to do with what used to be the Eagles, except for the Common Thread project, is apparently irrelevant.
    Yes, he's in the photo. But, singing a song of his own at a concert (and hopefully future concerts) makes him even more integrated in the band, to me.

Vince had also guested on Don H's album Cass County. Joe inducted Vince into the Hollywood Rock Walk. There are plenty of band members out there who had less connection to bands that they joined before they joined, but still became important members over time.

What's more important than any previous connection is whether the new member is right for the band. And I think that Eagles have chosen very very wisely to add Vince to the lineup. Also Vince is very enthusiastic about being in the band, which helps a lot. He's not just a hired hand going through the motion in a band he doesn't really care about (which has happened with some other bands.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    And, AT, of course, it would be expected that the current lineup will receive lots of applause at these shows. After all, the people who want to 'boo' them aren't in attendance.
    There is a middle ground between considerable enthusiasm and booing. The amount of enthusiasm I hear in the responses is more than I would expect for a new member of a band that the audience wasn't especially pleased to see.
    Last edited by Annoying Twit; 03-14-2018 at 06:59 PM.

Were all the band members introduced including Will Henley on guitar as well as the string and horn sections and who did the intros?

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Were all the band members introduced including Will Henley on guitar as well as the string and horn sections and who did the intros?
    Reportedly Will Henley has joined the tour until he starts college in Fall 2018.

Credit -FannyBeTender

Border Desperado

Default Re: An Evening with the Eagles @ Smoothie King Center in New Orleans, LA - June 20, 2

why shouldn’t you be excited? if not, why buy the ticket?
    i know the raging debate continues and they are entitled to
    their opinions too, but i think it’s sad that hate takes over in
    some other threads.
    i’ll be going to the houston show in june .. my 1st eagles show
    and i’m over the moon
    would i like to have seen glenn, randy, bernie and don f?
    i love the music from that lineup and i would just about sell my soul
    for an opportunity to go back in time, but since that isn’t
    possible, i’m giving the current lineup a chance and am not gonna
    let the haters ruin it for me
    be excited shun ... enjoy the show
    Last edited by tac0mao6; 03-15-2018 at 11:15 AM.

Default Re: An Evening with the Eagles @ Smoothie King Center in New Orleans, LA - June 20, 2

Believe me. I'm excited, but I'm just keeping my excitement inside instead of posting it. I didn't even want to post that I finally got tickets.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

So far it looks like Three Henleys and Two Freys.

Quote Originally Posted by tac0mao6 View Post
    why shouldn’t you be excited? if not, why buy the ticket?
    i know the raging debate continues and they are entitled to
    their opinions too, but i think it’s sad that hate takes over in
    some other threads.
    i’ll be going to the houston show in june .. my 1st eagles show
    and i’m over the moon
    would i like to have seen glenn, randy, bernie and don f?
    i love the music from that lineup and i would just about sell my soul
    for an opportunity to go back in time, but since that isn’t
    possible, i’m giving the current lineup a chance and am not gonna
    let the haters ruin it for me
    be excited shun ... enjoy the show
    My thoughts exactly. I would do anything to see them with even just Glenn in the HOTE but the best I could do is see them at the classic east. And it means so much being able to see your favorite band. I am seeing them either once or twice this year. The haters on here can really be a drag but seeing them love overcomes all of that. The love of the music easily outdoes the negativity on here

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    My thoughts exactly. I would do anything to see them with even just Glenn in the HOTE but the best I could do is see them at the classic east. And it means so much being able to see your favorite band. I am seeing them either once or twice this year. The haters on here can really be a drag but seeing them love overcomes all of that. The love of the music easily outdoes the negativity on here
    Let's stop with the hater labels. How pathetic can you get.