Page 1 of 92 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about that?

Border Desperado

Default Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about that?

With the last couple rounds of added shows, it looks like the band is embarking on a rather ambitious (especially considering their ages) tour in 2018.
    It has snowballed over the last few months. I did a bit of research to compare it with other tours
    08 - 53 dates
    09 - 51 dates
    10 - 54 dates
    13 - 48 dates
    14 - 60 dates
    15 - 38 dates

2018 -52 dates so far.

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year!!

I feel sorry for those that never got to experience the real band and who are basing the band negatively OR positively based on these "Eagles lite" shows.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Border Desperado

I haven't been to any of their concerts since Glenn's passing so I am hesitant to pass judgement on the quality of their performance after only watching a few videos taken by cell phones and posted on youtube. Talking only about life in general and not this tour.....as long as people of any age aren't doing anything illegal I am always happy to see them fully engaged in living life as opposed to the alternative of just sitting back and waiting to die. Don, Joe and Timothy with Vince and Deacon will be at 4 venues all within 150 miles or less from my home. I could attend all 4 if I wanted, but I haven't decided whether I will be going or not.

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I feel sorry for those that never got to experience the real band and who are basing the band negatively OR positively based on these "Eagles lite" shows.
    I do too.

"Accept no substitutes" - Don Henley

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Stuck on the Border

So the band will "die and fade into history" a few years from now when they really can't tour anymore.

EDIT:

Looks like the post I was reacting to here has disappeared.
    Last edited by chaim; 02-22-2018 at 10:03 AM.

Though I’ve made my feelings clear on this issue and I feel strongly about the topic, I think we should try to move the discussion to another thread

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I can't say I feel sorry for those who go to a show now. If they go, it is by choice because they want to see this rendition of the band. However, I do agree that they will not see the version of the band that recorded most of these songs regardless of what spin Don Henley and others may try to put on it. They are accepting substitutes, but if those who go are aware of this and are cool with it, then I'm sure they will go and have a good time.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    I can't say I feel sorry for those who go to a show now. If they go, it is by choice because they want to see this rendition of the band. However, I do agree that they will not see the version of the band that recorded most of these songs regardless of what spin Don Henley and others may try to put on it. They are accepting substitutes, but if those who go are aware of this and are cool with it, then I'm sure they will go and have a good time.
    This ^^. Most people know that Vince Gill and Deacon never recorded with the Eagles.

Deacon is the Eagles Jason Bonham IMO. I don't recall anyone ever having a problem with Jason performing with Zeppelin in 07. Or I just wasn't on the internet than .

I want to see the band because I wan't to see them play the songs I love live. I never had the chance. Most people are probably the same way.

Saying someone feels sorry just comes off as superior and rude

The band has had so many different version's that the only way to see the band that recorded the songs are to have a tour with everyone who was ever in the band. Never will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    Though I’ve made my feelings clear on this issue and I feel strongly about the topic, I think we should try to move the discussion to another thread

There are so many threads for that

Stuck on the Border

I don't mind people enjoying the shows. I don't even think about the current activities anymore. I just don't get why Don & the boys should suddenly start touring feverously in 2017-2018 so that the band wouldn't sink into oblivion. I'll try not to make further comments in this thread, which was meant to be a positive one.

EDIT:

Looks like the post I was replying to here (without quoting it) has disappeared.
    Last edited by chaim; 02-22-2018 at 10:04 AM.