Page 77 of 92 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about that?

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

I was about to post essentially the same thing, Soda.

Arlee - Like all of us, you certainly have a right to your opinion and you even have a right to be offended by some comments. I don’t see where anyone here has disputed that, so I’m not sure why you feel that is the case. However, just because you don’t agree with what others have said doesn’t mean they are lying. And I also went back and carefully reread all of your posts and you seem to be mixing up opinions and facts, as well as, contradicting some of your own remarks. Honestly, I’m not going to spend a lot of time refuting baseless claims especially when you haven’t even read all of the posts in the thread you have such issues with. But kind in mind, when you accuse or condemn other members, you are personally attacking and offending them.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee
    (This part is more for the debate about the new line-up: many people don't realize that Glenn is honored at the concerts. There is happiness and tears. Henley literally states that "someone is missing"and that they're "not pretending it's the same band." He states that this is a celebration of the legacy that Glenn left us.)

I would also welcome it if you could share more about how Glenn is being honored at concerts because your account differs from information that has been given by others here. Now, admittedly, I have not been to any of the shows, but from everything I’ve read and heard, Glenn is usually only mentioned once by Deacon as a prelude to Peaceful Easy Feeling, and then his picture is flashed on the jumbotron for several seconds after the song.

Maybe you can help shed some light on this, but I’ve not heard any reports of tears from the band members. Also, if Henley has said in concert that “someone is missing” and “they’re not pretending to be the same band” or that “this is a celebration of the legacy that Glenn left us”, then I had not heard this before either. If that is something he does at every show, then I do appreciate the sentiment. But, irregardless, I still have a difficult time envisioning these shows as a celebration of Glenn’s legacy when, by all accounts, they don’t even bother to dedicate a song to him. And, TBH, my perspective is that no matter what rhetoric Henley uses, they are, indeed, pretending to be the same band as long as they call themselves “Eagles”.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post

Arlee - Like all of us, you certainly have a right to your opinion and you even have a right to be offended by some comments. I don’t see where anyone here has disputed that, so I’m not sure why you feel that is the case. However, just because you don’t agree with what others have said doesn’t mean they are lying. And I also went back and carefully reread all of your posts and you seem to be mixing up opinions and facts, as well as, contradicting some of your own remarks. Honestly, I’m not going to spend a lot of time refuting baseless claims especially when you haven’t even read all of the posts in the thread you have such issues with. But kind in mind, when you accuse or condemn other members, you are personally attacking and offending them.

I would also welcome it if you could share more about how Glenn is being honored at concerts because your account differs from information that has been given by others here. Now, admittedly, I have not been to any of the shows, but from everything I’ve read and heard, Glenn is usually only mentioned once by Deacon as a prelude to Peaceful Easy Feeling, and then his picture is flashed on the jumbotron for several seconds after the song.

Maybe you can help shed some light on this, but I’ve not heard any reports of tears from the band members. Also, if Henley has said in concert that “someone is missing” and “they’re not pretending to be the same band” or that “this is a celebration of the legacy that Glenn left us”, then I had not heard this before either. If that is something he does at every show, then I do appreciate the sentiment. But, irregardless, I still have a difficult time envisioning these shows as a celebration of Glenn’s legacy when, by all accounts, they don’t even bother to dedicate a song to him.

And, TBH, my perspective is that no matter what rhetoric Henley uses, they are, indeed, pretending to be tuhe same band as long as they call themselves “Eagles” .
    ^^^^^^

And there you have it. It is pretentious.

It is not the same band.

Someone is indeed missing.

No Glenn Frey = No Eagles.

Last edited by Dawn; 10-14-2018 at 05:21 PM.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I feel like you're doing the same to a degree. I went back and looked through that thread, and I didn't find anything that said Deacon had no talent, or that the Freys were terrible people. But perhaps I missed them. Please link to them. I'd like to know exactly who you are calling cruel, and who you are calling a liar.

Sigh.

I did not call anyone a liar.

I did not call anyone cruel.

There was plenty talk about Deacon's lack of career, musical experience, and talent. As I've said, with some of it I don't know the exact wording.

Saying that they are insulting Glenn's memory, and that it's a money grab, is indeed a low blow to the family. There were other negatives said about them but I don't want to read it again.

I've stated many times that is what "I felt," "I thought," and "my opinion." (Other than the factual stuff.)

I'm not going to go back and read 125 pages or whatever it is. I have stated I had to stop reading. I've given many examples already. And, as with this post, I have to keep explaining the same stuff and saying "I never said that."

This has not been a discussion, but a series of people saying I said things I didn't say, and asking for examples, and me saying over and over "I didn't say that," and giving numerous examples. It's been a successful tactic to put me in the defensive position.

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post

Maybe you can help shed some light on this, but I’ve not heard any reports of tears from the band members. Also, if Henley has said in concert that “someone is missing” and “they’re not pretending to be the same band” or that “this is a celebration of the legacy that Glenn left us”, then I had not heard this before either. If that is something he does at every show, then I do appreciate the sentiment. But, irregardless, I still have a difficult time envisioning these shows as a celebration of Glenn’s legacy when, by all accounts, they don’t even bother to dedicate a song to him. And, TBH, my perspective is that no matter what rhetoric Henley uses, they are, indeed, pretending to be the same band as long as they call themselves “Eagles”.

I haven't contradicted myself. I know the difference between fact and opinion. I haven't made any baseless claims. As I've said, I'm not arguing. I'm not going to explain or defend myself anymore. It'd just be repeating what I've already said.

Yes my account of the concerts are exactly what I've said. Also, I've been seeing footage of the same on Youtube so I know it wasn't just at the concerts I've been to.

Vince and or Don talks about Vince's friendship with Glenn. Henley states all of this is dedicated to Glenn and all the other stuff I quoted. He also says these are no replacements since no one can replace him.

He says these songs are the legacy Glenn has left. Don says that Deacon has had mighty big shoes to fill and that he's "Doing his Poppa proud."

Yes he's also said that it's not the same band and they're not pretending it is, that it's always been Glenn's band, and that it's a celebration of the songs and what they mean to the fans.

He says "somebody is missing tonight" and that "we have lost a brother, a father, a friend."

The same picture of Glenn used at the Grammy tribute is put up on the big screen above the band as Deacon is finishing PEF. Sometimes some band members will turn and clap. I've heard that Deacon has turned and mouthed "thank you" at some shows but I was not a first-hand witness to this.

I didn't say that I saw band members cry. I've seen many audience members do this.

After the long pause for clapping after PEF, they play Ol 55 which is also very emotional.

I'm not saying any of this to try to convince or argue. I'm just responding to what you said.

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Some things said here about Deacon are speculations and assumptions that aren't true.
    The reason I said that is because some of my post addressed some untruths in that thread about their friendships and Deacon's background. Some things that were stated were flat-out false.
    Also the things stated that were flat-out untrue, and the fact that all of that is tolerated here.
    It's true that some things said were false.
    This is calling people liars.

For example, that maybe he wasn't all that musical
    No one said that, that I can tell.

or had a career of his own.
    If you're talking about a career as a performer, he hasn't had much of one. That's not a lie.

He's played guitar and sung to smaller audiences regularly for over ten years. (YouTube "Don Was and Deacon Frey.")
    This is inaccurate, Arlee, unless you're talking about playing to audiences in his living room. Yes, he's played guitar, but he's said himself that he wasn't a professional performer before this. I actually attended those performances with Don Was. They were benefits, special deals with his dad and some other performers, and they happened once a year for four years. Can you find a record of even one public performance by just Deacon Frey? A show that solely features him?

He's been a producer and a sound mixer.
    Again, no one said he wasn't involved in the music business AT ALL. No one called him a "slacker" or said he wasn't "grateful, thankful, humble, appreciative" etc. Honestly, I don't know him, so I can't tell you anything about his personality, although I have actually met him once. Anyway, I believe all we have done is questioned his credentials as a performer and that, Arlee, is perfectly valid.

I have to be honest and say that some things said here have been cruel to the family and the band and insulting to the fans, including me. Honestly folks, it comes off as very selfish and insensitive.
    What threw me was the more extreme comments that I thought were cold and cruel.
    what I can't understand or respect is the cruel and cold comments about the family, the band, and the new line-up fans.
    Those are harsh words, and yet you have no specific examples. It seems to me that you are calling people cruel here in multiple posts... did I misunderstand you? Anyway, perhaps these "cruel" remarks actually don't exist and you were exaggerating a bit for dramatic effect. If I somehow have forgotten or missed something, you can prove me wrong by finding them.

NO ONE ELSE'S opinion matters in this except the band and the family.
    Well, my opinion definitely matters when it comes to whether or not I buy a ticket. They're marketing themselves to me. I get to decide whether or not I'm buying.

My decision: No thanks.

That music is not Eagles music without Glenn.

NO GLENN, NO EAGLES.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    This is calling people liars.

No one said that, that I can tell.

If you're talking about a career as a performer, he hasn't had much of one. That's not a lie.

This is inaccurate, Arlee, unless you're talking about playing to audiences in his living room. Yes, he's played guitar, but he's said himself that he wasn't a professional performer before this. I actually attended those performances with Don Was. They were benefits, special deals with his dad and some other performers, and they happened once a year for four years. Can you find a record of even one public performance by just Deacon Frey? A show that solely features him?

Again, no one said he wasn't involved in the music business AT ALL. No one called him a "slacker" or said he wasn't "grateful, thankful, humble, appreciative" etc. Honestly, I don't know him, so I can't tell you anything about his personality, although I have actually met him once. Anyway, I believe all we have done is questioned his credentials as a performer and that, Arlee, is perfectly valid.

Those are harsh words, and yet you have no specific examples. It seems to me that you are calling people cruel here in multiple posts... did I misunderstand you? Anyway, perhaps these "cruel" remarks actually don't exist and you were exaggerating a bit for dramatic effect. If I somehow have forgotten or missed something, you can prove me wrong by finding them.

Well, my opinion definitely matters when it comes to whether or not I buy a ticket. They're marketing themselves to me. I get to decide whether or not I'm buying.

My decision: No thanks.

That music is not Eagles music without Glenn.

NO GLENN, NO EAGLES.

You can continue arguing by yourself. I'm not here to argue. I addressed my concerns and gave my opinion.

You've again stated that I called people liars. A liar knows they are deceiving. That is a big leap for you to take. A person who sets the record straight is NOT calling someone a liar.

I didn't read further and there is no point in doing so because now you are just disparging my character, insisting more than once that I came on here saying things I didn't say, and calling people liars.

Some people will only read what you've said, that I call people liars. And then I'm known as the person who called people liars.

You are showing your bias in an unfair way and in a way that invites more conflict. I am bias too but I'm not making things up and I can understand and respect others disliking the current line-up.

I didn't read further
    I think we have the real problem here. You don't read carefully.

I think that you read the other thread quickly, you got offended in a generalized way, got emotional, went off on posts being "cold and cruel" and the like.... I think that when we asked you to be specific, to go back and really look at the posts, you probably realized you couldn't actually find something that was truly cruel. Now, instead of admitting that, you're doubling down. Oh well.

BTW, if you're truly interested in setting the record straight, you should take note of the part of my post where I correct your misunderstanding about Deacon's activities pre-Eagles. It's the third and fourth paragraphs. Cover all the rest of my post with your hands if you must, lol, but at least get informed.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I haven't contradicted myself. I know the difference between fact and opinion. I haven't made any baseless claims. As I've said, I'm not arguing. I'm not going to explain or defend myself anymore. It'd just be repeating what I've already said.
    I'd prefer to drop this and just agree to disagree because this discussion has become redundant and sort of 'nit-picky'. However, I feel like I have to respond since Arlee has accused me of misrepresenting things, so although there were several instances where I felt Arlee contradicted him/herself and mixed facts and opinions, in the interest of brevity, I'll just cite one example of each that have not already been mentioned by others:

Arlee’s Post #731

If this (current tour) makes all those people happy and it helps them heal, I have a hard time understanding why anyone would be against it. How could I possibly want the people who loved Glenn the most, and who he loved the most, to stop doing this thing they love and is helping them heal? I really don't understand that line of thinking.
    Arlee’s Post #746

The live concerts pay due reverence to Glenn. It's a celebration of him, his legacy, and the music. It's emotional and moving. But I understand how some people would feel hurt, seeing them there without Glenn.
    Sorry, but that sure appears to be a contradiction to me.

Arlee’s Post #731

There's no question the guys all loved each other. Even the Baby Eagles seem to love each other like cousins. At least two of them think the world of Azoff. He may be cutthroat at business, but to the Family Eagles he's thought of warmly and regarded as family.
    This is one of the topics that Arlee claimed members had made 'flat-out untrue' statements about. The fact is that none of us here know the band members and what their true relationship was with one another. So there absolutely is a question here, which means anything any of us says about this matter is speculation and opinion rather than fact; therefore, if you disagree with Arlee, it is an opposition opinion, not a false/untrue fact.

So, let's keep it simple, just remember when posting on this board...

People are entitled to their own opinions, but they are not entitled to their own facts.

Yes my account of the concert are exactly what I've said. Also, I've been seeing footage of the same on Youtube so I know it wasn't just at the concerts I've been to.

Vince or Don talks about Vince's friendship with Glenn. Henley states all of this is dedicated to Glenn and all the other stuff I quoted.He also says these are no replacements since no one can replace him.

He says these songs are the legacy Glenn has left. Don says that Deacon has had mighty big shoes to fill and that he's "Doing his Poppa proud."

Yes he's also said that it's not the same band and they're not pretending it is, that it's always been Glenn's band, and that it's a celebration of the songs and what they mean to the fans.

He says "somebody is missing tonight" and that "we have lost a brother, a father, a friend."

The same picture of Glenn used at the Grammy tribute is put up on the bigscreen above the band as Deacon is finishing PEF. Sometimes some band members will turn and clap. I've heard that Deacon has turned and mouthed "thank you" at some shows but I was not a first-hand witness to this.

I didn't say that I saw band members cry. I've seen many audience members do this.

After the long pause for clapping after PEF, they play Ol 55 which is also very emotional.

I'm not saying any of this to try to convince or argue. I'm just responding to what you said.
    Thanks for your clarification here.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Out on the Border

I came here because I'm a fan of Eagles in all forms. I still hurt over Glenn Frey, and I absolutely adore Deacon and love how the Uncle Eagles have taken him under their wings. (Yep, bias.) I hope you can understand I wasn't prepared for the negativity against the Eagles Family. There's a lot of it here. From my observations, there seems to be more of a bias here against the new line up.

Rather than focusing on the subject and debate the pros and cons, it became personal against me.

I didn't contradict myself. There's an obvious difference between my opinion that "I understand if people don't like the new line-up" and my opinion that "I don't understand how people can be so strongly against the Eagles continuing, and cross the line in what is said about the Eagles Family."

I think it's clear those statements aren't contradictory, but there was grasping at small things and twisting it.

The words "disengenuous" and "deflecting" kept coming to mind when reading here. For example, continually saying that I "called people liars," when there's a difference between knowingly lying and unknowingly saying something that isn't factual.

I've stated specifics about what was said about the Eagles Family that I felt were personal attacks against them and the claims that weren't true. I didn't imagine them and I gave some examples.

Liking and supporting the new line up, and being against the extreme negativity, was my opinion. And rather than debate it, I was simply told that there was nothing said that crossed the line and that I called people liars and contradicted myself. Then I kept defending myself against it.

I spent some of my first few posts responding "I didn't say that at all." And you can see it in the posts, that was true

Some said there are specific topics here for pro-new and anti-new, to avoid conflict. And yet in perusing the topics I see a lot of "anti-new line-up" comments sneaking into topics that have nothing to do with it. So it's not easy avoiding that on this board.

I have yet to find the pro-new topic.

The topics of the new guests, Gill and Deacon, are buried.

Now, to actually debate the new line up rather than spend more space having to fend off accusations and denials, I offer this:

(1) It was said that Deacon may read this board and be hurt. The response was that he's old enough to handle it, and should be prepared for it. IMO, no one can be prepared for that. Especially in their twenties while taking on this enormous task while grieving your father. I have such a soft spot for the young lad, and some of the things said about him hit a nerve.

(2) There are some here who state that they don't believe Glenn would've wanted the Eagles to continue, despite what the Eagles Family says. It seems a bit odd to think that any of us would know what Glenn wanted more than the people he was closest to for 25-45 years.

(3) I don't think they're doing it for the money. And what's wrong with getting paid? This is their passion. Many people find paying jobs they're passionate about. Also, Henley is in a lot of pain and has been for years. He is very well off so I believe that for him, it's his calling. (As he stated in HOTE.)

(4) Finally, I'd like to know, if you're against the Eagles continuing, what change would make it OK for you. Right now, Gill and young Frey are billed as guests. Does that lessen the blow?

Also, it was stated here that the guys should instead pursue their solo careers. But they want to play together. If they like playing together, why do you feel it wrong to do so?

If it's because they sing Eagles songs, remember they've also done this in their solo shows for years. And many of the songs Walsh sings at Eagles shows were in fact his.

So there's been a lot of crossover for a long time. So what specifically is the issue that makes you feel it's wrong?

While I am pro-new-line-up, I can ALMOST understand being against using the name. But I don't see any other reason to be against them continuing. So is that the reason? Or is it something else I haven't thought of?

And if it is only the name that is bothering you, I admit I can't understand the amount of hatred over that one thing.

That is all and thank you.

I came here because I'm a fan of Eagles in all forms. I still hurt over Glenn Frey, and I absolutely adore Deacon and love how the Uncle Eagles have taken him under their wings. (Yep, bias.) I hope you can understand I wasn't prepared for the negativity against the Eagles Family. There's a lot of it here. From my observations, there seems to be more of a bias here against the new line up.

Rather than focusing on the subject and debate the pros and cons, it became personal against me.

I didn't contradict myself. There's an obvious difference between my opinion that "I understand if people don't like the new line-up" and my opinion that "I don't understand how people can be so strongly against the Eagles continuing, and cross the line in what is said about the Eagles Family."

I think it's clear those statements aren't contradictory, but there was grasping at small things and twisting it.

The words "disengenuous" and "deflecting" kept coming to mind when reading here. For example, continually saying that I "called people liars," when there's a difference between knowingly lying and unknowingly saying something that isn't factual.

I've stated specifics about what was said about the Eagles Family that I felt were personal attacks against them and the claims that weren't true. I didn't imagine them and I gave some examples.

Liking and supporting the new line up, and being against the extreme negativity, was my opinion. And rather than debate it, I was simply told that there was nothing said that crossed the line and that I called people liars and contradicted myself. Then I kept defending myself against it.

I spent some of my first few posts responding "I didn't say that at all." And you can see it in the posts, that was true

Some said there are specific topics here for pro-new and anti-new, to avoid conflict. And yet in perusing the topics I see a lot of "anti-new line-up" comments sneaking into topics that have nothing to do with it. So it's not easy avoiding that on this board.

I have yet to find the pro-new topic.

The topics of the new guests, Gill and Deacon, are buried.

Now, to actually debate the new line up rather than spend more space having to fend off accusations and denials, I offer this:

(1) It was said that Deacon may read this board and be hurt. The response was that he's old enough to handle it, and should be prepared for it. IMO, no one can be prepared for that. Especially in their twenties while taking on this enormous task while grieving your father. I have such a soft spot for the young lad, and some of the things said about him hit a nerve.

(2) There are some here who state that they don't believe Glenn would've wanted the Eagles to continue, despite what the Eagles Family says. It seems a bit odd to think that any of us would know what Glenn wanted more than the people he was closest to for 25-45 years.

(3) I don't think they're doing it for the money. And what's wrong with getting paid? This is their passion. Many people find paying jobs they're passionate about. Also, Henley is in a lot of pain and has been for years. He is very well off so I believe that for him, it's his calling. (As he stated in HOTE.)

(4) Finally, I'd like to know, if you're against the Eagles continuing, what change would make it OK for you. Right now, Gill and young Frey are billed as guests. Does that lessen the blow?

Also, it was stated here that the guys should instead pursue their solo careers. But they want to play together. If they like playing together, why do you feel it wrong to do so?

If it's because they sing Eagles songs, remember they've also done this in their solo shows for years. And many of the songs Walsh sings at Eagles shows were in fact his.

So there's been a lot of crossover for a long time. So what specifically is the issue that makes you feel it's wrong?

While I am pro-new-line-up, I can ALMOST understand being against using the name. But I don't see any other reason to be against them continuing. So is that the reason? Or is it something else I haven't thought of?

And if it is only the name that is bothering you, I admit I can't understand the amount of hatred over that one thing.

That is all and thank you.
    Arlee, with all due respect, considering the fact that it is now almost three months since your posting about this, I think it's time to drop the subject, especially about your posts here and our response to said posts. It really doesn't apply to the nature of the thread, either. I'm happy to share my thoughts directly to you, provided that you won't flip out over my response. I don't pull any punches regarding 3.0, if you noticed.

I'm happy to share my take, once again, but you probably won't like what I'm about to tell you.

I'm going to respond to your points, top to bottom and I'm going to leave it at that. If I seem cold or calloused, I am. I've done but lost all respect for Don Henley and the rest of the band for that matter. I also don't "feel bad" for Deacon in regards to any criticism. Nor do I hold back my thoughts on the current band, it's members, and any side personnel that factored into the Eagles continuance. So just a heads up.

About the seepage of anti 3.0 in other threads, especially positive 3.0 ones: I personally try to avoid doing it. I won't rain on your parade in a concert review/hype thread. I don't see very much if at all of it in those threads, if I'm honest here.

Regarding the "pro"-current Eagles: the threads for that would be any concert review threads, or pre-concert anticipation threads for new shows. Also I'd like to just point out that you can find other threads that have nothing to do with the new Eagles good or bad that are a wealth of information, great pictures, fun games, etc. It isn't all doom and gloom, and you can avoid most of it. So I don't believe that it is that hard to avoid Arlee. I think the Border offers a lot more than 3.0 talk.

Other threads: This thread "Looks like the band..." is for both sides to discuss their feelings together on the current lineup. If we think we can talk about something in an open thread for both parties, that's where those posts go. The "For those saying..." thread is only for those of us against the new Eagles, our safe space from personal attacks and vitriol thrown the way of the so called naysayers of 3.0. Something I'm not ashamed about, but I'm glad we have an open platform where we can say how we feel without having to respond to the other side or deal with any conflict. It's where posts that are more negative about the current lineup go and it's more intense. It's our soapbox and I'm glad we have it. I personally try to keep any 3.0 banter to either this "Looks like the band" thread or the "For those saying..." thread. I prefer posting in the for those saying thread as there is no conflict as all posters that post in that thread are on the same page and I personally don't feel like having to explain my thoughts for the millionth time to pro-3.0 posters.

As far as negativity and a bias to be against the current lineup: Yes, there is negative reactions here to the new Eagles. Yes, there are a lot of us here that are upset about this and, yes, a lot of us are very outspoken about it. I personally feel once the band decided to move forward, they opened themselves up to said negative comments and "extreme negativity". You may disagree, and that's fine. We disagree here.

As far as the topics about Vince and Deacon: Personally I have zero interest in discussing either of these two men. I don't hold Vince in very good regard at all, and I'm pretty much neutral to Deacon, so you won't see me bumping those threads all that often. However, the Eagles Guests board is a perfect example where you can talk about these two guys and you will likely find other pro-3.0 supporters who are happy to join in. I recommend bumping those threads yourself if you'd like to see more discussion about Vince Gill and Deacon Frey. I promise not to rain on your parade in those threads. I'm sure it will be a positive area.

Now I'm moving on to the numbered questions/points.

1) I'm in the camp that thinks he's old enough to handle it and again, once he moved forward with this and put himself in the public spotlight, you are naturally going to get people who don't like you or something you do. I personally don't feel bad for Deacon in this regard. I'm sorry for the loss of his father, but I don't think he is immune from comments from anti-3.0 posters, I'm sorry but I just don't. Certainly not now. My only suggestion would be to just ignore posts that you feel are unfair to Deacon, and promote him in the appropriate threads. I don't hate Deacon Frey. I don't even dislike him really. But I also don't love him or have a "soft spot" for him. I'm disappointed with him choosing to join the band but I don't think he's a bad guy. With time I like to think he will move on to his own job, and that he will mature as time goes on.

2) I personally do not agree with the sentiment that we don't know him as well as they did, or that we shouldn't speculate. I have just as much of a right to say what I think Glenn would want as they do. I'm sorry if you don't see it that way or think it's ridiculous, but I do. I don't buy the whole "who are we to say" line. I just don't. And I certainly don't feel like what we've heard Glenn say or just pick up on is invalid at all.

3) Of course it's for the money! If the whole line about it being "for the music" is to be bought, why can't they stay busy doing what they love as solo artists or as a group with an entirely new name? They'd still be doing what they love, without tarnishing the band's history at the end. They aren't the Eagles. It is my personal opinion that Glenn Frey was the most important member of the band by a long shot. You may agree or disagree. But there can't be an Eagles without Glenn. I'm sure Don fans might feel the same about Don but Glenn was the Eagles to me and nothing will ever change that. He was their Steve Jobs. THE guy. As far as Henley's pain, it must not be bothering him too awfully bad. If I was Don, I'm set for life in terms of money, I'd not spend my last years in pain just because you love the music. I don't buy that. It's about $. Being under the Eagles banner doesn't make it more fun nor does it mean "you love it more" or you are doing it because you just love it. You could (and should) love it with any members with any name.

4) Good question. First, I'd have to have it that this never happened with them now. This would be prior to doing 3.0 as it's too late to make it better now, I'm soured on all of them from here on out. I would have been ok with them under a new name, as their own band. I'd also prefer that they not do any Frey material. If they were to do Frey material I'd want them to keep it to just a couple hits. TIE or something. I'd also like it for them to never have brought Vince Gill along. I can't stand that guy. Bringing Deacon along is fine though. And I'd like them to do one of those concerts under the billing of a public tribute for Glenn. And no, having them labeled as guests does NOT lessen the blow at all. Going out under the Eagles name and being seemingly all business as usual is an abomination and should be treated as such. It's very wrong!

Again, as I referenced above if they don't want to play solo shows, they CAN play together, but under a new name as an entirely different outfit. That option is very much doable. And I'd be fine with them singing Eagles songs that weren't Glenn's except a couple hits maybe. As far as the hatred only over the name, I think you are undervaluing the importance of the Eagles name and how much of it had to do with Glenn alone. It isn't something to be taken lightly here.

In conclusion:

Arlee, I really hope we can at least agree to disagree here, and maybe even exchange a parting e-handshake. We won't ever see eye to eye on this matter and it's just going to lead to more anguish for you and I both to deliberate on this topic any more than we have. I personally am trying to step back in 3.0 talk somewhat as I have a lot on my plate in my personal life right now but I did want to respond to this, even for no other reason than to clarify my stance and defend my posts on this matter. I hope I answered your questions and responded to the points you've made in a way that you might not agree with, maybe even are against, but that we can agree to just leave it be with hopefully no hard feelings. I have no ill will against you and I'm certainly hoping that we can discuss other things in other threads if you so choose. I'm personally open to that. I certainly don't mean to offend you directly. But how I feel about this is how I feel. I wouldn't ask you to hold back your thoughts if the tables were turned. I hope you can understand where I'm coming from. Life is short and I really don't want to spend it arguing with people I likely will never meet. However, I am an outspoken guy and I share how I feel about things, at times in a very forward manner. I really don't want to keep arguing with the pro side. I would like to discuss new news about the current Eagles and I'm keeping that to the other anti-3.0 thread. Less conflict there.
    Last edited by WalshFan88; 12-29-2018 at 05:43 AM.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."