Page 34 of 92 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about that?

Border Desperado

Default Re: An Evening with the Eagles @ Smoothie King Center in New Orleans, LA - June 20, 2

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    The haters on here can really be a drag but seeing them love overcomes all of that. The love of the music easily outdoes the negativity on here
    wish i saw more of the love

btw, congrats on achieving rebel status

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    So far it looks like Three Henleys and Two Freys.
    Who's the other Henley? Is another of Henley's kids on tour with him?

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    Who's the other Henley? Is another of Henley's kids on tour with him?
    Hi Groupies, I assume the other Henley is Annabelle, his oldest child. She is 22 years old. She toured with Don in 2016 and did his make up for his Cass County Tour. I guess Taylor is also touring with them too. Don's younger daughter Sophie and Otis Frey are still in high school.

Default Re: An Evening with the Eagles @ Smoothie King Center in New Orleans, LA - June 20, 2

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Let's stop with the hater labels. How pathetic can you get.
    I’m sorry but when I see consistent attacks on Don, Tim, Joe, and their kids it’s hard to see otherwise. Not all are like this. I thought people who didn’t agree with the tour were supposed to not comment on tour posts. I stopped commenting on the 3.0 thread out of respect of your concerns but it’s fair for you to come to this and Call me pathetic? Really? I call some haters because when even their stance in a tour photo is being criticized, it’s getting way out of hand and not at all tied to the issue of Glenn. When the band is coldly called the “mothership”it’s dehumanizing them. I don’t see a reason for why the 3.0 thread to exist anymore. The issue hasn’t changed since they reunited. The amount of discussion that has taken place is redundant and it leaves the board fractured. You’re entitled to a place to talk but at some point it just has to be done with. I’m not saying forget about Glenn and accept the lineup but I don’t like that a place that consistently undermines the current band lineup is still in existence for more than a year. I don’t like the tone with which people have spoken to me and if I complain it’s brushed aside. That’s ok. I can handle that but some people are sick of it. I’ve made dumb and brash comments (this could be considered one) but I’ve tried (I think successfully) to change. I don’t see an equal effort

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Okay - I'm going to repost essentially what I wrote earlier in another thread just to clear up any misunderstandings ...

"I know all the different threads are confusing. But I think right now they are probably the best compromise we can come up with. Here's how I am thinking about it in order to keep it straight in my little brain ...

The 'No Glenn; No Legit Eagles' thread is for those who disagree with this lineup/tour and just want to vent.

The tour threads are for those who are excited about the shows and just want to celebrate.

Then, last but not least, the 'How do you feel about this years full-fledged tour' thread is for those who want to debate the pros and cons of this lineup/tour.

Again, I know all this may seem pretty clumsy, but, at least for right now, it seems to be the best way to keep the peace. As much as we try, I can't think of anything that is going to make everyone happy, but we'll do the best we can.'

But as we moderators have also warned repeatedly ... name-calling and pointing fingers at other members is disrespectful and against the Terms of Service and can earn you a strike. And yes - it is also very negative. So if you want to be positive and don't want others to rain on your parade, then please don't do it.
    I apologize for using hater. I didn’t see it as an offensive comment but if others don’t like it I’ll drop it. I think that is a fair compromise Dreamer

Banned

I’m sorry but when I see consistent attacks on Don, Tim, Joe, and their kids it’s hard to see otherwise. Not all are like this. I thought people who didn’t agree with the tour were supposed to not comment on tour posts. I stopped commenting on the 3.0 thread out of respect of your concerns but it’s fair for you to come to this and Call me pathetic? Really? I call some haters because when even their stance in a tour photo is being criticized, it’s getting way out of hand and not at all tied to the issue of Glenn. When the band is coldly called the “mothership”it’s dehumanizing them. I don’t see a reason for why the 3.0 thread to exist anymore. The issue hasn’t changed since they reunited. The amount of discussion that has taken place is redundant and it leaves the board fractured. You’re entitled to a place to talk but at some point it just has to be done with. I’m not saying forget about Glenn and accept the lineup but I don’t like that a place that consistently undermines the current band lineup is still in existence for more than a year. I don’t like the tone with which people have spoken to me and if I complain it’s brushed aside. That’s ok. I can handle that but some people are sick of it. I’ve made dumb and brash comments (this could be considered one) but I’ve tried (I think successfully) to change. I don’t see an equal effort
    This is perfect, YEF. The comments about Timothy's stance in a publicity photo are completely absurd and have no basis in anything even approaching reality. At one's most skeptical, no conclusion could possibly be drawn on what the "arms folded" look means or even that it means something at all -- which of course it does not. How is anyone supposed to take that seriously? And how can we not view the person who makes remarks like that as bitter? As YEF said, Timothy's stance has nothing to do with Glenn and the person in the band who has the most to do with Glenn, his own son, is being treated as if he were a pawn in some heartless scheme by Don Henley. It's crazy. We have to be better than that.

Stuck on the Border

If you & EIK are going to attack me, please have the decency to do so directly.

I called out what I saw in that photo. I knew it would offend the supporters. I saw (I repeat the word) truculence, defiance, defensiveness. You didn't see that. Fine. But I DON'T HAVE TO SEE IT THE WAY YOU SEE IT.

Despite what you claim, a publicity photo of these people has everything to do with the fact that Glenn is no longer with them. I look at them without him & I see three completely different people from the people I used to admire. I won't elaborate.

The band was called the mothership by Glenn Frey, of all people. I do realise that you think that his opinions & definitions are now irrelevant, but that is what he called it.

Whether you like or not, the board will remain fractured, because it does not matter how often you tell people like me to shut up & be done with it, the more alienated we become.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by EagleInKansas View Post
    This is perfect, YEF. The comments about Timothy's stance in a publicity photo are completely absurd and have no basis in anything even approaching reality. At one's most skeptical, no conclusion could possibly be drawn on what the "arms folded" look means or even that it means something at all -- which of course it does not. How is anyone supposed to take that seriously? And how can we not view the person who makes remarks like that as bitter? As YEF said, Timothy's stance has nothing to do with Glenn and the person in the band who has the most to do with Glenn, his own son, is being treated as if he were a pawn in some heartless scheme by Don Henley. It's crazy. We have to be better than that.
    This is a personal attack on me; I am bitter & out of touch with reality. I agree that I am bitter. As for reality, the reality I see saddens & angers me.

I did not even mention Deacon Frey in that post, but as you have brought it up, yes, I believe that he is being used as a pawn.

I apologise to Soda for these two posts but as I was being attacked, I felt I needed to respond. However, you can delete them if you must. I really don't care any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    If you & EIK are going to attack me, please have the decency to do so directly.

I called out what I saw in that photo. I knew it would offend the supporters. I saw (I repeat the word) truculence, defiance, defensiveness. You didn't see that. Fine. But I DON'T HAVE TO SEE IT THE WAY YOU SEE IT.

Despite what you claim, a publicity photo of these people has everything to do with the fact that Glenn is no longer with them. I look at them without him & I see three completely different people from the people I used to admire. I won't elaborate.

The band was called the mothership by Glenn Frey, of all people. I do realise that you think that his opinions & definitions are now irrelevant, but that is what he called it.

Whether you like or not, the board will remain fractured, because it does not matter how often you tell people like me to shut up & be done with it, the more alienated we become.
    I am being completely honest here, I did not pay attention to who was saying what. I was paying attention to what was being said not who was saying it. I don’t understand at all how you think what I said is equal to me saying shut up and be done with it. I did not say that and made specific comments over and over to address that. The mothership comment isn’t an issue within itself. It becomes an issue when it’s being used NOW after Glenn is gone. I knew don and Glenn called the eagles the mothership and that their solo careers deviated it from but I would never find an eagles fan refer to the band with a such cold and business like term. It’s unique to now. I would have also commented on that thread but that is your thread not mine. I will repeat this part because I have said this before many a time, YOU ARE ENTITLED TO YOUR OPINION AND SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO HAVE A THREAD TO EXPRESS YOUR OPINIONS. I do not think they are good for the board to have so much negativity repeated but I DO NOT THINK YOU SHOULD “SHUT UP AND MOVE ON”. Sorry for the caps but I found it necessary to make that point clear. I merely think that if we didn’t have the thread it would be good. There isn’t a thread made specifically for pro 3.0 people to make arguments for it. These concerts thread are just discussion about the tour. The anti 3.0 group makes consistent argument points and debates against common pro 3.0 beliefs. But the pro 3.0 does not. It just talks about the concerts which is inherently pro 3.0 but it’s not argumentative. It’s just positive and happy conversation which is not any different than tour talk from HOTE, LROOE or any other tour

I apologize for using hater. I didn’t see it as an offensive comment but if others don’t like it I’ll drop it.
    Thank you for that apology. I hugely resent being referred to as a "hater" of the Eagles and so I react strongly to it.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten