Page 87 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3777838485868788899091 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about that?

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

On this board we try to be tolerant of all opinions, as long as they are respectful and substantiated. That, of course, doesn’t mean your opinion may not be challenged by other members, and that’s okay too as long as everyone remains polite and tolerant.

There are thousands of discussions on the board where fans disagree about different topics. Of course, that will always be the case – there is no way to expect us all to agree about everything. But, there are some disagreements that are very civil and others that are very contentious and argumentative. The confrontational types of discussion inevitably boils down to the same things – disrespect for others opinions, misunderstanding or misrepresenting your's or other’s opinions, and personal attacks on members. This is why these behaviors are against our Terms of Service.

Arlee, unfortunately, many of your posts fall into this category. If all you have to contribute to the board is to be combative and insulting to other members, then perhaps this isn’t the right place for you.

As I often say, there may not be a right or wrong in how we feel, but there is a right and wrong in how we express ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I point out that you deflect and chase away opinions you don't like, and your response is that I'm being dramatic. Oh the irony.

And no, apparently it is not clear to you what I'm writing. But I'm done explaining myself.
    Thank you for this. I agree that it is futile to continue with these circular discussions. I will be glad to discuss this further with you if you want to send me a PM, but I don't want to continue taking the thread off-topic. Thanks.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Out on the Border

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    On this board we try to be tolerant of all opinions, as long as they are respectful and substantiated. That, of course, doesn’t mean your opinion may not be challenged by other members, and that’s okay too as long as everyone remains polite and tolerant.

There are thousands of discussions on the board where fans disagree about different topics. Of course, that will always be the case – there is no way to expect us all to agree about everything. But, there are some disagreements that are very civil and others that are very contentious and argumentative. The confrontational types of discussion inevitably boils down to the same things – disrespect for others opinions, misunderstanding or misrepresenting your's or other’s opinions, and personal attacks on members. This is why these behaviors are against our Terms of Service.

Upon reading the part above, I was going to respond "Amen, thank God someone said it."

But then I saw it was directed at me:

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Arlee, unfortunately, many of your posts fall into this category. If all you have to contribute to the board is to be combative and insulting to other members, then perhaps this isn’t the right place for you.

That isn't true about any of my posts. I've disagreed but wasn't combative or insulting.

You may be just looking at what I've been accused of. There's no proof any accusations are true. I've said dozens of times, "I didn't say that." After stating that, no one offered proof because there is none.

When people put words in my mouth or twist what I say, it leads to where we are now. Because people start to believe it.

Many don't read everything. They might scan. They see it said more than once that I called people names and they might think it's true. And yes, I was repeatedly accused of that but it wasn't true.

So, why is that OK?

I even offered an apology recently. Not because I called people names or was combative or insulting. But because I thought my comment was unnecessary and I shouldn't have posted it. I'm willing to apologize and admit when I'm wrong.

With this recent issue, I made a simple, innocuous statement. But I happen to like the new line up, so someone had to make it about that. I was accused of grasping at straws to justify the new line up. I was also told I'm dramatic because I said people were deflecting. (Which actually proved my point.)

So, considering your post to me, how is that OK?

I think with a quick look around the board, anyone can see that anti- new line-up is the more prominent view. That's OK, but people's biases against the new line-up are clouding judgment.

They've been hurtful, dismissive, and argumentitive to others, not realizing these are real people who are more than their Eagles opinion.

Stuck on the Border

Upon reading the part above, I was going to respond "Amen, thank God someone said it."

That isn't true about any of my posts. I've disagreed but wasn't combative or insulting.

You may be just looking at what I've been accused of. There's no proof any accusations are true. I've said dozens of times, "I didn't say that." After stating that, no one offered proof because there is none.

When people put words in my mouth or twist what I say, it leads to where we are now. Because people start to believe it.

Many don't read everything. They might scan. They see it said more than once that I called people names and they might think it's true. And yes, I was repeatedly accused of that but it wasn't true.

So, why is that OK?

I even offered an apology recently. Not because I called people names or was combative or insulting. But because I thought my comment was unnecessary and I shouldn't have posted it. I'm willing to apologize and admit when I'm wrong.

With this recent issue, I made a simple, innocuous statement. But I happen to like the new line up, so someone had to make it about that. I was accused of grasping at straws to justify the new line up. I was also told I'm dramatic because I said people were deflecting. (Which actually proved my point.)

So, considering your post to me, how is that OK?

I think with a quick look around the board, anyone can see that anti- new line-up is the more prominent view. That's OK, but people's biases against the new line-up are clouding judgment.

They've been hurtful, dismissive, and argumentitive to others, not realizing these are real people who are more than their Eagles opinion.
    If you're referring to the last word issue, I did find it insulting when I explained to you what I had actually meant, but you said something like "Nice spin, lol. But ok". It's all fine now, but at the time I found that comment insulting since I had just honestly explained what I had meant with my earlier post and you refused to accept it for no reason. The way I explained it - the tone of my post - wasn't exactly civilized, I admit and I regret that. Too much feeling involved.

I also found the "But the truth is the truth. That doesn't always come out here." addition in the first post combative since I'd had no problem being corrected about the Timothy/bicycle issue and had actually said that correcting me was the right thing to do. In the "last word" case, of course, like you said, it was totally unnecessary since it had nothing to do with what I had meant.
    Last edited by chaim; 04-14-2019 at 06:28 AM.

Stuck on the Border

And Arlee, in your edited addition you say you "got pulled in". Who exactly pulled you in and how? I certainly didn't.

I agree chaim.

I think at this point I'm just going to avoid interactions like this in the future with a few who can't seem to understand what we are saying or keep saying we are misunderstanding them. They don't go anywhere.

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    If you're referring to the last word issue, I did find it insulting when I explained to you what I had actually meant, but you said something like "Nice spin, lol. But ok".
    I wasn't referring to that issue. But regarding that, as I said before, I shouldn't have made the post at all. So again, I apologize that I said it and made you feel insulted.

[......]It's all fine now, but at the time I found that comment insulting since I had just honestly explained what I had meant with my earlier post and you refused to accept it for no reason.
    Feeling unheard and insulted isn't a good feeling. That’s exactly how I've felt here. So I get it. I've said almost your exact words a few times on the board and it's never mattered. It's always just caused more of the same.

The way I explained it - the tone of my post - wasn't exactly civilized, I admit and I regret that. Too much feeling involved.
    Thanks for that.

I also found the "But the truth is the truth. That doesn't always come out here." addition in the first post combative [........]
    I said “the truth doesn't always come out here” because of how words have been put in my mouth and me frequently having to say “I didn't say that!” That particular comment was a general statement that wasn't directed to any one person in particular.

Thanks for using examples of what I actually said and just sticking with the issue without deflecting, twisting words, making empty accusations, and insulting me. I've felt that from other comments to me on the board and pointed it out at the time. And the results were more of the same. It's frustrating, hurtful, and just makes everything worse. (I'm not singling anyone out. I won't go back to see who said what. It's an endless cycle.)

Out on the Border

And Arlee, in your edited addition you say you "got pulled in". Who exactly pulled you in and how? I certainly didn't.
    Thank you for asking. Against my better judgement, I'm going to answer your question. You asked. Also, I acknowledge that I allowed myself to be pulled in.

For the sake of space and time I kept out extra words & repeats. But I kept in the main point of every post.

Sodascouts
    If one chooses to venture onto a message board and post, one should take the trouble to inform oneself as to the nature of the threads…

Me
    ...I tried to explain why it wasn't that simple, I was...told, "Yes it is.”...

WalshFan88
    ...we've made it pretty clear Arlee which thread is for what...before you post it's a good idea to find out what the thread is about.

Me
    There is no reason for you to be arguing...You have a different perspective.

Me
    ...it would be helpful if the "anti- 3." people...accept that they [will] continue to see posts from folks who don't agree and are a bit rattled by what they read here....We're not going to change each others' minds, but it would be helpful to accept that…

WalshFan88
    ...we don't need to accept anything. There is nothing wrong with anything we've said…

Me
    … In a debate of this length, there will be "something wrong" said by people from all sides.

WalshFan88
    Maybe it's time that pro-3.0 people learn how to act like adults and discuss it without insulting other members…

WalshFan88
    ... Saying that personal attacks on board members are not allowed like the ones Carolyn made and that the pro-3.0 side needs to stop making them is "inane immaturity". You might want to familiarize yourself with the board rules, Arlee... I'm really taken aback by the fact that you are trying to justify the attacks made here.

Me
    I never said anything close to this….whatever debate you've got going with Carolyn is not my concern.

WalshFan88
    ...When I said we don't have to accept anything I meant we don't have to accept the nasty posts....

Me
    I stated it would be easier if people would accept that people will disagree. Your response: "I don't have to accept anything."

I've repeatedly said there is no point in arguing certain things…..we won't change minds….we have differing opinions.

~~~~~~~~

Me
    ….I personally don't know what Glenn Frey would want or what he said….Has it occurred to anyone that if Glenn were truly against this, he would have made legal arrangements….He was prepared.... Henley and Frey learned a lot .... By 2015 I'm sure they had made the plans they wanted for the band.

Sodascouts
    ...we've all been able to find reasons to either believe Glenn's comments still hold true or dismiss what he said

Me
    …I haven't seen any earlier of mention what I just brought up ...I'm not trying to convince anyone...I just hadn't thought of the legalities & the will before….

Sodascouts
    ...So saying OF COURSE he would have, when NO ONE ever has, is quite a leap.

Me
    ...I've made it very clear that I don't know….. I've used words like "probably" and "likely" and "I think"..... I also said "I'm not going to argue or pretend I know for sure what Glenn wanted."

The Eagles is a business that has legally been fought for and fought about ... It continues to make money… seems unlikely he wouldn't put anything...in his will. ...Glenn left everything to his wife and she's the executor…that might include his earnings and future earnings...his wishes for his...stake, etc

WalshFan88
    ….I think there is some grasping for straws at this point in trying to justify them moving on without Glenn.

Me
    No. That has nothing to do with what I said. No...I kept trying stick to the actual topic --- one that I thought was fairly innocuous. But no...You have to deflect with false accusations.

Suggesting that he may have put something in his will regarding the Eagles is fair, legitimate…I couldn't possibly see as being controversial … You've once again successfully chased away another idea and opinion you didn't like...

WalshFan88
    ….please do us all a favor and save the drama for your mama!

Me
    I point out that you deflect and chase away opinions you don't like, and your response is that I'm being dramatic…

I've Always Been a Dreamer
    On this board we try to be tolerant of all opinions, as long as they are respectful and substantiated.... confrontational types of discussion inevitably boils down to the same things – disrespect for others opinions, misunderstanding or misrepresenting your's or other’s opinions, and personal attacks on members. ….

Me
    ….I was going to respond "Amen, thank God someone said it."

Me
    That isn't true about any of my posts….

With this recent issue, I made a simple, innocuous statement....

I was accused of grasping at straws to justify the new line up. I was also told I'm dramatic because I said people were deflecting....considering your post to me, how is that OK?

------------------

Ok, Arlee in the present here. That's more than enough proof. Despite what's been said, I've stayed on topic and was careful with my words to avoid offending. That didn't do any good.

Accusations fly and there is no proof and no consequences.

The last post by “I've Always Been a Dreamer” is over the line. It's outrageous, insulting, and outright lies. There was nothing to back it up.

It's noteworthy that in these posts, I wasn't even arguing about the new line up being ok or why they should be accepted, etc. I don't see why people wanted to argue. As I said, those posts were innocuous.

This is an anti- new line-up board. I think the mods should just admit that and stop the false claim that all opinions are respected and tolerated here. They clearly are not.
    Last edited by Arlee; 04-19-2019 at 06:19 AM.

Stuck on the Border

Thank you for asking. Against my better judgement, I'm going to answer your question. You asked. Also, I acknowledge that I allowed myself to be pulled in.

For the sake of space and time I kept out extra words & repeats. But I kept in the main point of every post.

Sodascouts
    If one chooses to venture onto a message board and post, one should take the trouble to inform oneself as to the nature of the threads…

Me
    ...I tried to explain why it wasn't that simple, I was...told, "Yes it is.”...

WalshFan88
    ...we've made it pretty clear Arlee which thread is for what...before you post it's a good idea to find out what the thread is about.

Me
    There is no reason for you to be arguing...You have a different perspective.

Me
    ...it would be helpful if the "anti- 3." people...accept that they [will] continue to see posts from folks who don't agree and are a bit rattled by what they read here....We're not going to change each others' minds, but it would be helpful to accept that…

WalshFan88
    ...we don't need to accept anything. There is nothing wrong with anything we've said…

Me
    … In a debate of this length, there will be "something wrong" said by people from all sides.

WalshFan88
    Maybe it's time that pro-3.0 people learn how to act like adults and discuss it without insulting other members…

WalshFan88
    ... Saying that personal attacks on board members are not allowed like the ones Carolyn made and that the pro-3.0 side needs to stop making them is "inane immaturity". You might want to familiarize yourself with the board rules, Arlee... I'm really taken aback by the fact that you are trying to justify the attacks made here.

Me
    I never said anything close to this….whatever debate you've got going with Carolyn is not my concern.

WalshFan88
    ...When I said we don't have to accept anything I meant we don't have to accept the nasty posts....

Me
    I stated it would be easier if people would accept that people will disagree. Your response: "I don't have to accept anything."

I've repeatedly said there is no point in arguing certain things…..we won't change minds….we have differing opinions.

~~~~~~~~

Me
    ….I personally don't know what Glenn Frey would want or what he said….Has it occurred to anyone that if Glenn were truly against this, he would have made legal arrangements….He was prepared.... Henley and Frey learned a lot .... By 2015 I'm sure they had made the plans they wanted for the band.

Sodascouts
    ...we've all been able to find reasons to either believe Glenn's comments still hold true or dismiss what he said

Me
    …I haven't seen any earlier of mention what I just brought up ...I'm not trying to convince anyone...I just hadn't thought of the legalities & the will before….

Sodascouts
    ...So saying OF COURSE he would have, when NO ONE ever has, is quite a leap.

Me
    ...I've made it very clear that I don't know….. I've used words like "probably" and "likely" and "I think"..... I also said "I'm not going to argue or pretend I know for sure what Glenn wanted."

The Eagles is a business that has legally been fought for and fought about ... It continues to make money… seems unlikely he wouldn't put anything...in his will. ...Glenn left everything to his wife and she's the executor…that might include his earnings and future earnings...his wishes for his...stake, etc

WalshFan88
    ….I think there is some grasping for straws at this point in trying to justify them moving on without Glenn.

Me
    No. That has nothing to do with what I said. No...I kept trying stick to the actual topic --- one that I thought was fairly innocuous. But no...You have to deflect with false accusations.

Suggesting that he may have put something in his will regarding the Eagles is fair, legitimate…I couldn't possibly see as being controversial … You've once again successfully chased away another idea and opinion you didn't like...

WalshFan88
    ….please do us all a favor and save the drama for your mama!

Me
    I point out that you deflect and chase away opinions you don't like, and your response is that I'm being dramatic…

On this board we try to be tolerant of all opinions, as long as they are respectful and substantiated.... confrontational types of discussion inevitably boils down to the same things – disrespect for others opinions, misunderstanding or misrepresenting your's or other’s opinions, and personal attacks on members. ….

Me
    ….I was going to respond "Amen, thank God someone said it."

Me
    That isn't true about any of my posts….

With this recent issue, I made a simple, innocuous statement....

I was accused of grasping at straws to justify the new line up. I was also told I'm dramatic because I said people were deflecting....considering your post to me, how is that OK?

------------------

Ok, Arlee in the present here. That's more than enough proof. Despite what's been said, I've stayed on topic and was careful with my words to avoid offending. That didn't do any good.

The last post by “I've Always Been a Dreamer” is over the line. It's outrageous, insulting, and outright lies. There was nothing to back it up.

It's noteworthy that in these posts, I wasn't even arguing about the new line up being ok or why they should be accepted, etc. I don't see why people wanted to argue. As I said, those posts were innocuous.

This is an anti- new line-up board. I think the mods should just admit that and stop the false claim that all opinions are respected and tolerated here. They clearly are not.
    I asked that question thinking that you were referring to my "last word" thing. My mistake. Incidentally, you didn't copy+paste the part from your comment Soda was actually referring to with her "...OF COURSE..." post. Now it looks like she was reacting to nothing. I don't wish to take sides in this wider "battle" at this point, because it seems like everyone feels quite genuinely what they're saying, just wanted to point that one out.
    Last edited by chaim; 04-19-2019 at 12:49 PM.

I asked that question thinking that you were referring to my "last word" thing. My mistake. Incidentally, you didn't copy+paste the part from your comment Soda was actually referring to with her "...OF COURSE..." post. Now it looks like she was reacting to nothing. I don't wish to take sides in this wider "battle" at this point, because it seems like everyone feels quite genuinely what they're saying, just wanted to point that one out.
    I agree. I also felt like she cherrypicked some of her own statements. I didn’t see her copy and paste her “that’s a great spin” type of comments she’s made.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

So you say you have been careful not to be offensive. And then you call me a liar. If that’s not an offensive personal attack, then I don’t know what is.

If you wish to continue posting here, one thing you must understand is that you don’t get to decide what is or is not acceptable because you don’t own this board. I don’t own it either, but I am a moderator, and I was trying to give you fair warning that your posts are crossing the line in terms of complying with our Terms of Service. This is my opinion after carefully reading your posts. However, based on feedback received from other members, I am not alone in the conclusions I have drawn. Regardless of your intentions, it is a fact that many of your posts are perceived as being combative and insulting by other members.

My statement was “On this board we try to be tolerant of all opinions, as long as they are respectful and substantiated”. That is a true statement. What we do not tolerate is trolling and personal attacks and disrespectful insults towards our members. When you continue to engage in this type of behavior after being warned, there are consequences here.

And another fair warning, do not reply to my post here and continue hijacking this thread. If you have further concerns and complaints about this board, please address them with myself or the board admin in a PM.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016