Page 81 of 92 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about that?

Out on the Border

Default What if . . .

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    There is nothing for me to learn from the side that supports the band moving on. It's an abomination, plain and simple. There is nothing that I gain from hearing the other side and their comments that support 3.0. Instead it just leads to infighting and drama. So it's smartest just to stick with discussing it with people who are likeminded. I will never change my opinion on the band continuing. There is nothing you or anyone else could show me or say that will change that.
    What if Glenn himself said it?

I would understand people still not wanting to see the band even so, but would it still seem like an "abomination"?

Default Re: What if . . .

Quote Originally Posted by moonrambler View Post
    What if Glenn himself said it?

I would understand people still not wanting to see the band even so, but would it still seem like an "abomination"?
    I'd need audio or video proof of him saying that he wanted the band to continue when he's gone. I don't trust anyone's word of mouth when it comes to this stuff as there are a lot of biased supporters out there. Even audio can be doctored, but I'd prefer that or even better, video rather than words on a new page. Or someone claiming Glenn said something to them or something they've read.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

Personally, I don't think that the topic was ever discussed, because I don't think the idea ever occurred to ANYONE. When Glenn quit, the band stopped. When the group tried to restart when Glenn wasn't ready, it was shut down. When Glenn got sick, the tour was rescheduled till he could join them. At the beginning of each year, there was a meeting to see if everyone was on board for a tour.(I'm assuming that means that it wouldn't go on if they weren't.)

I don't think they ever thought it would be acceptable to the fans to have anyone else standing in that front and center spot. Joe admitted that they frankly never paid any attention to Deacon. He was off into his own thing, producing hip hop and rap. Except for some shows with his dad, he apparently hadn't done any performing. Why would anyone have ever considered someone so young, inexperienced, and didn't even usually play that type of music be a candidate?

Not until Don Henley saw Deacon at his Dad's memorial. He heard how well he could sing Eagles' songs, how he had the composure to do it, and how much he looked like Glenn. He had stumbled on to a plan. Don waited for a time, and asked Cindy. If it had ever been discussed, why would he have to ask her? I don't think it had ever occurred to Deacon either.

Just stating my opinion, I'm not arguing with anyone.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Out on the Border

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    Austin, if "I feel sorry for you" (or was it "sad"?) in the context above is not an attack, just an opinion, by all means let her have the last word. She probably needs to have it more than you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Oh I will. I've decided I'm not gonna discuss anything with her again. I took the bait this time because I was so upset by her post to Soda and PW but I'll learn not to engage with her again.

Just a factual observation: WalshFan88 actually had the last word with Carolyn. I don't care if that's considered good or bad. But the truth is the truth. That doesn't always come out here.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Just a factual observation: WalshFan88 actually had the last word with Carolyn. I don't care if that's considered good or bad. But the truth is the truth. That doesn't always come out here.
    Note:WF88 DID have the last word because Carolyn did not reply. As you will see in the quotes you posted, Chaim advises him not to reply any further if she does respond, letting her have the last word. And WF88 says that he WILL, and won't respond further.
    Nobody said she HAD the last word. Just that he would let her next time.
    Yes, you are right.
    Have we really come to this?

Stuck on the Border

Do I REALLY have to explain what I meant? Alright, I'll explain what I meant.

I wrote that believing that the arguing was going to continue, but suggested that Austin wouldn't participate anymore. I said it BECAUSE Austin had had the last word at THAT point. It is very simple, not hard to grasp.

The last time Don Henley & co. tried to go on tour as the Eagles without Glenn Frey, Glenn threatened to sue in order to shut it down.

Just sayin'.

But all this theoretical crap doesn't matter to me anyway, because again, my rule is simple:

No Glenn, No Eagles.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I would have to agree. And I would say that I do not base my personal convictions (on anything) on what I think is popular, what someone else thinks, or what someone else may or may not have thought. To believe a certain way doesn't mean I demonize someone who believes differently.
    But like religion and politics, I think persons have already made up their mind on this issue, and most interchanges on the topic with opposing thinkers just lead to heated arguments. We can all still come together on things we DO agree on, and enjoy conversations about a band or persons that we love.

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
    Note:WF88 DID have the last word because Carolyn did not reply. As you will see in the quotes you posted, Chaim advises him not to reply any further if she does respond, letting her have the last word. And WF88 says that he WILL, and won't respond further.
    Nobody said she HAD the last word. Just that he would let her next time.
    Yes, you are right.
    Have we really come to this?
    Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    Do I REALLY have to explain what I meant? Alright, I'll explain what I meant.

I wrote that believing that the arguing was going to continue, but suggested that Austin wouldn't participate anymore. I said it BECAUSE Austin had had the last word at THAT point. It is very simple, not hard to grasp.

Lol that's a great spin. But ok. And yes, we have come to this. As I indicated earlier, people have started arguing about arguing.

Edited to add: my last post about "the last word" was unnecessary, and I apologize for it. I got pulled in and although I stand by everything else I've said, I shouldn't have made that comment. Again, sorry.
    Last edited by Arlee; 04-05-2019 at 11:58 AM.

Stuck on the Border

Lol that's a great spin. But ok. And yes, we have come to this. As I indicated earlier, people have started arguing about arguing.
    The "spin" was all yours. Leave me out of it.