Page 78 of 92 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about that?

Out on the Border

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Arlee, with all due respect, considering the fact that it is now almost three months since your posting about this, I think it's time to drop the subject, especially about your posts here and our response to said posts. It really doesn't apply to the nature of the thread, either. I'm happy to share my thoughts directly to you, provided that you won't flip out over my response. I don't pull any punches regarding 3.0, if you noticed.

I'm happy to share my take, once again, but you probably won't like what I'm about to tell you.

I'm going to respond to your points, top to bottom and I'm going to leave it at that. If I seem cold or calloused, I am. I've done but lost all respect for Don Henley and the rest of the band for that matter. I also don't "feel bad" for Deacon in regards to any criticism. Nor do I hold back my thoughts on the current band, it's members, and any side personnel that factored into the Eagles continuance. So just a heads up.

About the seepage of anti 3.0 in other threads, especially positive 3.0 ones: I personally try to avoid doing it. I won't rain on your parade in a concert review/hype thread. I don't see very much if at all of it in those threads, if I'm honest here.

Regarding the "pro"-current Eagles: the threads for that would be any concert review threads, or pre-concert anticipation threads for new shows. Also I'd like to just point out that you can find other threads that have nothing to do with the new Eagles good or bad that are a wealth of information, great pictures, fun games, etc. It isn't all doom and gloom, and you can avoid most of it. So I don't believe that it is that hard to avoid Arlee. I think the Border offers a lot more than 3.0 talk.

Other threads: This thread "Looks like the band..." is for both sides to discuss their feelings together on the current lineup. If we think we can talk about something in an open thread for both parties, that's where those posts go. The "For those saying..." thread is only for those of us against the new Eagles, our safe space from personal attacks and vitriol thrown the way of the so called naysayers of 3.0. Something I'm not ashamed about, but I'm glad we have an open platform where we can say how we feel without having to respond to the other side or deal with any conflict. It's where posts that are more negative about the current lineup go and it's more intense. It's our soapbox and I'm glad we have it. I personally try to keep any 3.0 banter to either this "Looks like the band" thread or the "For those saying..." thread. I prefer posting in the for those saying thread as there is no conflict as all posters that post in that thread are on the same page and I personally don't feel like having to explain my thoughts for the millionth time to pro-3.0 posters.

As far as negativity and a bias to be against the current lineup: Yes, there is negative reactions here to the new Eagles. Yes, there are a lot of us here that are upset about this and, yes, a lot of us are very outspoken about it. I personally feel once the band decided to move forward, they opened themselves up to said negative comments and "extreme negativity". You may disagree, and that's fine. We disagree here.

As far as the topics about Vince and Deacon: Personally I have zero interest in discussing either of these two men. I don't hold Vince in very good regard at all, and I'm pretty much neutral to Deacon, so you won't see me bumping those threads all that often. However, the Eagles Guests board is a perfect example where you can talk about these two guys and you will likely find other pro-3.0 supporters who are happy to join in. I recommend bumping those threads yourself if you'd like to see more discussion about Vince Gill and Deacon Frey. I promise not to rain on your parade in those threads. I'm sure it will be a positive area.

Now I'm moving on to the numbered questions/points.

1) I'm in the camp that thinks he's old enough to handle it and again, once he moved forward with this and put himself in the public spotlight, you are naturally going to get people who don't like you or something you do. I personally don't feel bad for Deacon in this regard. I'm sorry for the loss of his father, but I don't think he is immune from comments from anti-3.0 posters, I'm sorry but I just don't. Certainly not now. My only suggestion would be to just ignore posts that you feel are unfair to Deacon, and promote him in the appropriate threads. I don't hate Deacon Frey. I don't even dislike him really. But I also don't love him or have a "soft spot" for him. I'm disappointed with him choosing to join the band but I don't think he's a bad guy. With time I like to think he will move on to his own job, and that he will mature as time goes on.

2) I personally do not agree with the sentiment that we don't know him as well as they did, or that we shouldn't speculate. I have just as much of a right to say what I think Glenn would want as they do. I'm sorry if you don't see it that way or think it's ridiculous, but I do. I don't buy the whole "who are we to say" line. I just don't. And I certainly don't feel like what we've heard Glenn say or just pick up on is invalid at all.

3) Of course it's for the money! If the whole line about it being "for the music" is to be bought, why can't they stay busy doing what they love as solo artists or as a group with an entirely new name? They'd still be doing what they love, without tarnishing the band's history at the end. They aren't the Eagles. It is my personal opinion that Glenn Frey was the most important member of the band by a long shot. You may agree or disagree. But there can't be an Eagles without Glenn. I'm sure Don fans might feel the same about Don but Glenn was the Eagles to me and nothing will ever change that. He was their Steve Jobs. THE guy. As far as Henley's pain, it must not be bothering him too awfully bad. If I was Don, I'm set for life in terms of money, I'd not spend my last years in pain just because you love the music. I don't buy that. It's about $. Being under the Eagles banner doesn't make it more fun nor does it mean "you love it more" or you are doing it because you just love it. You could (and should) love it with any members with any name.

4) Good question. First, I'd have to have it that this never happened with them now. This would be prior to doing 3.0 as it's too late to make it better now, I'm soured on all of them from here on out. I would have been ok with them under a new name, as their own band. I'd also prefer that they not do any Frey material. If they were to do Frey material I'd want them to keep it to just a couple hits. TIE or something. I'd also like it for them to never have brought Vince Gill along. I can't stand that guy. Bringing Deacon along is fine though. And I'd like them to do one of those concerts under the billing of a public tribute for Glenn. And no, having them labeled as guests does NOT lessen the blow at all. Going out under the Eagles name and being seemingly all business as usual is an abomination and should be treated as such. It's very wrong!

Again, as I referenced above if they don't want to play solo shows, they CAN play together, but under a new name as an entirely different outfit. That option is very much doable. And I'd be fine with them singing Eagles songs that weren't Glenn's except a couple hits maybe. As far as the hatred only over the name, I think you are undervaluing the importance of the Eagles name and how much of it had to do with Glenn alone. It isn't something to be taken lightly here.

In conclusion:

Arlee, I really hope we can at least agree to disagree here, and maybe even exchange a parting e-handshake. We won't ever see eye to eye on this matter and it's just going to lead to more anguish for you and I both to deliberate on this topic any more than we have. I personally am trying to step back in 3.0 talk somewhat as I have a lot on my plate in my personal life right now but I did want to respond to this, even for no other reason than to clarify my stance and defend my posts on this matter. I hope I answered your questions and responded to the points you've made in a way that you might not agree with, maybe even are against, but that we can agree to just leave it be with hopefully no hard feelings. I have no ill will against you and I'm certainly hoping that we can discuss other things in other threads if you so choose. I'm personally open to that. I certainly don't mean to offend you directly. But how I feel about this is how I feel. I wouldn't ask you to hold back your thoughts if the tables were turned. I hope you can understand where I'm coming from. Life is short and I really don't want to spend it arguing with people I likely will never meet. However, I am an outspoken guy and I share how I feel about things, at times in a very forward manner. I really don't want to keep arguing with the pro side. I would like to discuss new news about the current Eagles and I'm keeping that to the other anti-3.0 thread. Less conflict there.
    Thanks! E hand-shaking now.

My response on your first paragraph then moving on...

I was trying to stick with the topics at hand, rather than it be about me and what I've supposedly said & done wrong. I stated why I didn't respond before now -- because I kept having words put in my mouth. I was repeatedly defending myself. I'm not going to be in that position. Saying it's been three months is a non-issue to me. I really care what fellow Eagles fans think and it was really bothering me. Saying it's time "I" drop the subject I think is unfair, because there were things said about me that I was responding to

Thanks for pointing the way to the non-negative threads. I know you disagreed that they were hard to find, but you acknowledged some "anti-new" comments will show up. So, thank you.

I appreciate you answering my questions on-topic about the "what and why" of being against the new line-up. Very detailed!

I'm in the camp that agrees with Henley when he said he's not going to spend a lot of time defending it because he doesn't see anything wrong with it.

I do "feel bad" for Deacon for any criticism he might get, LOL. I feel like he's my son. 😊 And I can't know what he went through or is going through.

While I disagree with what you've said about the new line-up, I will say that I would be devasted if I lost faith and respect for something I held dearly (I'm making the assumption you did.) So on that level, I can relate.

I definitely don't underestimate the name or Glenn's role in it. He's the one who came up with it. And if I ever got a tattoo, it'd be an Eagle.😁

So if I understand correctly, it would be ok with you if they had a different name and sang very few songs that Glenn sang lead, but it wouldn't sit completely ok with you. Thanks for clarifying the "why."

I agree you have a right to say what you think Glenn would want. We have a right to think and say whatever we want. I just don't agree that anyone would know his wishes better than his family or friends would.

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Thanks! E hand-shaking now.

My response on your first paragraph then moving on...

I was trying to stick with the topics at hand, rather than it be about me and what I've supposedly said & done wrong. I stated why I didn't respond before now -- because I kept having words put in my mouth. I was repeatedly defending myself. I'm not going to be in that position. Saying it's been three months is a non-issue to me. I really care what fellow Eagles fans think and it was really bothering me. Saying it's time "I" drop the subject I think is unfair, because there were things said about me that I was responding to

Thanks for pointing the way to the non-negative threads. I know you disagreed that they were hard to find, but you acknowledged some "anti-new" comments will show up. So, thank you.

I appreciate you answering my questions on-topic about the "what and why" of being against the new line-up. Very detailed!

I'm in the camp that agrees with Henley when he said he's not going to spend a lot of time defending it because he doesn't see anything wrong with it.

I do "feel bad" for Deacon for any criticism he might get, LOL. I feel like he's my son. 😊 And I can't know what he went through or is going through.

While I disagree with what you've said about the new line-up, I will say that I would be devasted if I lost faith and respect for something I held dearly (I'm making the assumption you did.) So on that level, I can relate.

I definitely don't underestimate the name or Glenn's role in it. He's the one who came up with it. And if I ever got a tattoo, it'd be an Eagle.😁

So if I understand correctly, it would be ok with you if they had a different name and sang very few songs that Glenn sang lead, but it wouldn't sit completely ok with you. Thanks for clarifying the "why."

I agree you have a right to say what you think Glenn would want. We have a right to think and say whatever we want. I just don't agree that anyone would know his wishes better than his family or friends would.
    I understand not wanting to drop the subject of your initial posts but I think it just stirs things up. I think it's best if we leave that to water under the bridge.

Thank you for acknowledging my hopefully detailed response as to the how and why of my being against 3.0 and thanks for at least considering the other perspective. I appreciate it greatly.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Out on the Border

Default I like this site, but......

While I like some of the Eagles songs, I wouldn't consider myself a big fan of the band. If one of their songs comes on the radio, I don't rush to turn the station; but on the other hand, I think I've only purchased 2 of their songs, with one having a sentimental value to me having to do with when I first met my now-husband.

But because it seems that Matt and my father -- and our families -- frequently bond over either talking about our businesses, their competitiveness on the golf course, or music of the 70s and 80s, I try to pick-up little pieces of information I can occasionally insert into the conversation, as well when it comes to music -- and this is one of the sites that has been very helpful in that regard.

That said, there is one topic that is somewhat oft discussed on this site where I just find myself shaking my head and either closing my laptop, or just bouncing over to another site -- but as I am now sitting in my office waiting for my husband to stop by and take me to dinner at Clancy's, I've decided to share my 2 cents concerning all the opinions from fans who feel it is wrong for the band to continue on without Mr. Frey.

To be clear, I don't really care too much either way whether they do or don't tour, as we saw them last year -- and while they were not the worst or the best band we saw all year -- we don't really have plans to see them again.

But what I find so disrespectful to the Frey family is when people post messages professing on one hand how much Glenn Frey and his music meant to them -- but on the other hand, they express such vile toward the decision to carry-on touring without him.

Don't they stop to think for one second that there is no one who would better know what Mr. Frey's wishes would be, than his own wife and family -- and trust that his own family loved their husband and father so much that they would never give their stamp of approval to the band carrying on without him, if they didnt believe that is what he would have wanted.

And do they realize that, as a parent who I trust loved his children very much, there is likley no one in the world Mr. Frey would want to see help to fill the void on that stage each night, other than his own son.

I never met Mr. Frey, but my husband met him a few times in NYC. The last time my husband, Matt, met him was about 5 years ago when Matt was rushing out of the building he worked at in NYC as an architect on his way to catch the train back home to Boston, and Mr. Frey happened to be walking by and called out to Matt and then walked with my husband to the train station, and he asked Matt what happened with the band he had with his brothers that used to play some of the clubs in the city. Matt explaioned that had just been a way for them to help cover their expenses while they were going to college.

Matt also told Mr. Frey how we had gotten married and I was pregnant with our first child at the time, and Mr. Frey congratulated him and told him how having a family takes a lot of compromise & patience and told Matt, "but it is so worth it." He also asked Matt how long it took him to realize he wanted to marry me, and Matt told him he knew the second he saw me.

Matt said Mr. Frey stopped walking for a second and looked at Matt and said, "Yeah, that's exactly how it happens."

The point of sharing this here is not to make you think we have some perfect marriage -- as we have our share of disagreements, as well.

But it is clear to me from that brief conversation Matt had with Mr. Frey, that the most important people in his life were his wife and children -- and they likely knew his opinions and wishes better than anyone else -- and as long as they support the band continuing on -- I really don't believe anyone else should be questioning what Mr. Frey would -- or wouldn't -- have wanted his legacy to be.

I'll admit that I am sensitive about this topic, as it is a discussion my parents have been raising with us more and more frequently over the last 2 years.

I hate it, as I know that we are ultimately talking about their wishes of what they want to see happen to the businesses they each built from the ground-up after they are no longer with us -- and, honestly, I just don't want to think about that day when I will no longer have them in my life.

But I am also a realist, so I know it's better for us to plan and hear them out on what they want, and be involved in the decision, than to be surprised and overwhelmed when, God forbid, that day comes.

We first dealt with my mother's beautiful spa, which neither my sister or I have much interest in running -- which makes us feel so bad, as we know she had always hoped one of us would want to take it over some day. Fortunately, we reached a good compromise, as we convinced my mother to hire a manager to run the business for her, and then she can still reap the benefits of being the owner and have the flexibility she said she is now ready for, as she is now in her early 60s and said there are days she just wants to sleep later in the morning, only go to the spa 2 or 3 days a week and she enjoys coming to our house to spend time with her grandchildren, and go to her sister and mother's house and spend more time with them, and she wants to have the ability to travel, which she never really had time to do for most of her life.

It's a very successful business my mother has built, and my sister and I will appreciate having it - and, who knows, maybe one day one or both of us will want to take it over.

My father's law firm is a different matter. I went to law school, but after interning at my father's office and feeling suffocated that he was trying to control my life by putting pressure on me to join his firm after passing the bar and keeping the same long, crazy hours he
    did on a daily basis, I rebelled and dropped out of college my last year, as I knew in my heart that I didn't want to spend the remainder of my 20s living the fast pace of the city, and I really yearned to live on the Cape and eventually have my own real estate agency, the way my aunt did.

But I was smart enough to finish all my required class-time; but did not write or submit my final papers to earn my J.D. and then take the bar.

While my father has promoted several lawyers to be partners in his firm, he still maintains over 80 percent control of the respected firm he built. He told me that he very much wants to give my sister and I equal interest in his firm, but he won't be able to do that, if I don't become a lawyer. I have resisted this, because I really love my life the way it is, having my agency almost within walking distance to my home and the kindergarten and elementary school our oldest now attends. I also love being able to have my husband stop by my office to have lunch together a few times a week -- so I really don't want to go back to the grind of dealing with a long commute and sitting in rush-hour traffic.

So we've come up with a great compromise. I had already been discussing with Matt how I don't like wasting money on leasing the office space I have, and I'd prefer to invest the money into buying my own little building, since the agents I have actually enjoy spending a lot of time in the office, so I need more room to accommodate everyone. So my father has decided he'd like to go in on this space with me, as he'd like to open a small satellite office for his firm on the Cape, and that way I can take over handling all the closings for not only my office's work, but also oversee a lot more closings on behalf of my father's firm -- and with the 2 of us sharing office space together, my father can oversee my agency and any closings when I am not available, and I can oversee his satellite law practice when he's not there.

Additionally, Matt has decided he wants to have office space there, as well, for his architectural and construction businesses.

I still can't bear to think of a day when I may no longer have my parents around, but I am glad we have ironed-out the plan on how we can proceed with their businesses, if that day ever comes. I honestly thought my parents would naturally leave each other's business to the other surviving spouse, but they both feel they wouldn't want to take over each other's businesses -- and my mother is not a lawyer -- so they'd rather the business be passed along directly to my sister and me -- and all their remaining assets will, of course, go to the remaining spouse.

So now I'm just looking for the perfect space along the waterfront that Matt and I can renovate into fitting into the style of the quaint Cape Cod community from the exterior, while maintaining open and beautiful office working spaces with lots of exterior windows for our staff and clients to enjoy the seaside community.

In the same way my parents have discussed their wishes of what they would like to see happen with their businesses when they are no longer here -- and the way Matt and I have discussed how fortunate our children will be to have such exposure to the businesses my parents started, as well as my real estate agency, and Matt's architectural & construction business, as well as the robotics and artificial intelligence company he co-owns with his brother -- nothing would please us more than to see them want to carry-on our legacy.

But, if they don't want to want to take over running any of our businesses one day -- we hope to at least inspire them to chase after their own dreams.

While I respect everyone's right to express their opinions about a band -- my opinion is that it is disrespectful to think the family Mr. Frey loved and cared for would endorse the band carrying on in their husband's and father's absence -- if they thought for even one second that it is something he would not have wanted to occur.

To question their decision is the equivalent of saying you feel you knew Mr. Frey's wishes moreso than his own family.
    Last edited by Carolyn; 03-29-2019 at 04:23 PM.
    Ask for what you want -- and be prepared to get it! ~ Maya Angelou

Default Re: I like this site, but......

All I'm going to say about this are three simple things... I don't feel like discussing 3.0 with the other side, I'd rather focus on discussing it only with likeminded people in the appropriate thread (for those saying...).

1. You yourself say you aren't as big of a fan of the band as some here. And you probably aren't as much of a Glenn fan as some here. So maybe you aren't as emotionally invested as some here. Especially Glenn fans and those that thought he was very important if not most important to this band. And that's ok, there is nothing wrong with being a casual fan as long as you don't discredit those who are as I said, emotionally invested and care very deeply about the band and it's history.

2. We very much have a right to discuss this without being filtered or censored, and we have a right to a thread where the people that are against this can discuss it without having to listen to the other side complain about our position on the continuance of the Eagles. I personally am sick of trying to explain myself and the points I and the others have made to people who are either 3.0 supporters or just can't understand our viewpoint. I really wish they would just leave us be about it.

3. As far as the "who are we to say" "how do we know better than" vibe I'm getting from this post (it's been exclaimed many times already) - I've said many times that we can say what we think Glenn would have wanted. There is nothing wrong with that, contrary to popular belief. Nor do I subscribe to this idea that it would be impossible for the family not to have known Glenn's true wishes about an Eagles without him in it. It is very possible that they didn't know his wishes at the end and maybe he changed them over time. Maybe we do know better than the family, maybe we don't. But there is nothing wrong with speculating about it. Regardless, I don't support their decision and I personally don't feel bad at all for doing so.

I'm sorry, but if the threads that discuss our distaste for the current band bother you (particularly "for those saying" and "looks like the band"), you can avoid it fairly easily I think. Neither side is going to change their minds. I know I won't!
    Last edited by WalshFan88; 03-29-2019 at 11:31 PM.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    All I'm going to say about this are three simple things... I don't feel like discussing 3.0 with the other side, I'd rather focus on discussing it only with likeminded people in the appropriate thread (for those saying...).

1. You yourself say you aren't as big of a fan of the band as some here. And you probably aren't as much of a Glenn fan as some here. So maybe you aren't as emotionally invested as some here. Especially Glenn fans and those that thought he was very important if not most important to this band. And that's ok, there is nothing wrong with being a casual fan as long as you don't discredit those who are as I said, emotionally invested and care very deeply about the band and it's history.

2. We very much have a right to discuss this without being filtered or censored, and we have a right to a thread where the people that are against this can discuss it without having to listen to the other side complain about our position on the continuance of the Eagles. I personally am sick of trying to explain myself and the points I and the others have made to people who are either 3.0 supporters or just can't understand our viewpoint. I really wish they would just leave us be about it.

3. As far as the "who are we to say" "how do we know better than" vibe I'm getting from this post (it's been exclaimed many times already) - I've said many times that we can say what we think Glenn would have wanted. There is nothing wrong with that, contrary to popular belief. Nor do I subscribe to this idea that it would be impossible for the family not to have known Glenn's true wishes about an Eagles without him in it. It is very possible that they didn't know his wishes at the end and maybe he changed them over time. Maybe we do know better than the family, maybe we don't. But there is nothing wrong with speculating about it. Regardless, I don't support their decision and I personally don't feel bad at all for doing so.

I'm sorry, but if the threads that discuss our distaste for the current band bother you (particularly "for those saying" and "looks like the band"), you can avoid it fairly easily I think. Neither side is going to change their minds. I know I won't!

WalshFan --We are very different, in that I actually like to hear and read contrary viewpoints to my own, as I have found if you only listen to like-minded people-- you miss out in learning a whole lot.

In fact,this is why, despite not agreeing with many of the sentiments I read in a certain thread, I continued to read on, as I was actually hoping somewhere in there someone would have posted a link to a story that would have indicated that Mr. Frey or his family had specifically stated that upon his death he did not want the band he founded to continue to tour.

But I never found such a reference.

On the contrary, I came upon a story in which Mr. Frey's wife was interviewed. And while she expressed how emotional it was to not see her husband on the stage, especially during the first shows, she went on to say:

"As a mother, I couldn't be more proud of Deacon and his performance and his talent," she said. "I know that his dad would be as proud of him as I am. I think it'sa wonderful thing — not just for our family — but for the fans to be able tosee the music continue on and have another generation, another iteration ofwhat it means. It's incredible."

No offense, WalshFan -- but if I am looking for a cue on whether Mr. Frey would have supported having the band continue on in his absence -- and how Mr. Frey would have felt about having his son tour with the band he founded -- I will side with believing Mrs. Frey expressing how she feels -- and how she knows -- not is guessing or assuming --but actually states she knows "that his dad would be as proud of him as I am."

Here's a link to that story:

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2018/ma...-with-tour-bo/

Again, if you choose to believe that you, as a fan, knew better than his own wife what Mr. Frey would have wanted -- you are entitled to that opinion.

Just as I am entitled to believe that it is disrespectful for any fan to think they knew what Mr.Frey would have wanted more-so than his own wife.
    Last edited by Carolyn; 03-30-2019 at 12:05 AM.
    Ask for what you want -- and be prepared to get it! ~ Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn View Post
    WalshFan --We are very different, in that I actually like to hear and read contrary viewpoints to my own, as I have found if you only listen to like-minded people-- you miss out in learning a whole lot.

In fact,this is why, despite not agreeing with many of the sentiments I read in a certain thread, I continued to read on, as I was actually hoping somewhere in there someone would have posted a link to a story that would have indicated that Mr. Frey or his family had specifically stated that upon his death he did not want the band he founded to continue to tour.

But I never found such a reference.

On the contrary, I came upon a story in which Mr. Frey's wife was interviewed. And while she expressed how emotional it was to not see her husband on the stage, especially during the first shows, she went on to say:

"As a mother, I couldn't be more proud of Deacon and his performance and his talent," she said. "I know that his dad would be as proud of him as I am. I think it'sa wonderful thing — not just for our family — but for the fans to be able tosee the music continue on and have another generation, another iteration ofwhat it means. It's incredible."

No offense, WalshFan -- but if I am looking for a cue on whether Mr. Frey would have supported having the band continue on in his absence -- and how Mr. Frey would have felt about having his son tour with the band he founded -- I will side with believing Mrs. Frey expressing how she feels -- and how she knows -- not is guessing or assuming --but actually states she knows "that his dad would be as proud of him as I am."

Here's a link to that story:

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2018/ma...-with-tour-bo/

Again, if you choose to believe that you, as a fan, knew better than his own wife what Mr. Frey would have wanted -- you are entitled to that opinion.

Just as I am entitled to believe that it is disrespectful for any fan to think they knew what Mr.Frey would have wanted more-so than his own wife.
    There is nothing for me to learn from the side that supports the band moving on. It's an abomination, plain and simple. There is nothing that I gain from hearing the other side and their comments that support 3.0. Instead it just leads to infighting and drama. So it's smartest just to stick with discussing it with people who are likeminded. I will never change my opinion on the band continuing. There is nothing you or anyone else could show me or say that will change that.

References to Glenn not wanting the band to continue aren't out there in plainly spoken terms as you were hoping. But I think there is more than enough out there that you can infer that from, but I'm not going to go track them all down for you as I don't have the time and frankly, my guess is even if I did provide said inferences, it wouldn't matter anyway because you'd still side with Cindy or not accept them. I don't feel it will change either of our minds, let me put it that way.

As far as me thinking that I know better than Cindy Frey is "disrespectful", that isn't the worst thing I've been called, so it's like water off of a duck's back at this point. But it further points out why anti-3.0 posters don't want to mingle with pro-3.0 posters. Because words like disrespectful is about where it starts and goes downhill from there. I prefer to call out the "Eagles" and the family in an environment where those kinds of comments aren't posted but rather we rally around each other and agree how terrible it is that these guys are continuing on. Because there, there is camaraderie and there is no worry of someone saying it's disrespectful to think a certain way. Of course, you are entitled to that opinion, Carolyn. I'm not offended and mean no offense, but I guess do get a little tired of the other side telling us how wrong we are for saying what we say, thinking what we think, and being against the Eagles continuing without Glenn. It just doesn't help any.

I do regret posting in this thread today. I'll know better to ignore it next time, and stick to the anti-3.0 thread from here on out.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Stuck on the Border

We have heard these same things countless times. Hearing them over and over again won't help anyone to "learn" anything. I really don't think Austin's point was to avoid different opinions. It was avoiding the SAME arguments over and over and over and over and over again. And his (and my) side having to justify themselves over and over and over and over again and replying to the same things over and over and over and over again. We have our own thread now, but still we have to go through this over and over and over and over again.
    Last edited by chaim; 03-30-2019 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn View Post
    I genuinely don’t care whether the Eagles continue touring, or not – which is why I do not place myself in the “for” or “against” them continuing to tour threads -- and since I have already made that point clear, I do not approve of my comments being moved into a thread devoted to people supporting the tour.

C'est la vie, it's par for the course when you venture onto a website controlled by a fan.

If you had actually read even a small portion of the thread, you would have seen that this is not a thread devoted wholly to people supporting the tour.

If one chooses to venture onto a message board and post, one should take the trouble to inform oneself as to the nature of the threads. This is true regardless of who runs it.

You have found the time to write some of the lengthiest posts in the history of this board. Find time to educate yourself on the threads.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

@Soda -yep, yep, and yep.

@Carolyn -- I am genuinely neutral on the subject of whether the Eagles should tour without Glenn or not. Which is why I stay out of those threads. I have opinions, but not much to gain and little to contribute. I'd strongly advise you to do the same.

And something else: Sodascouts owns the board. Of COURSE it's moderated by fans! I don't know what else you expected. Why else would we be here, if we weren't fans? It's not a community talk forum. It's an Eagles forum. So that's who/what we talk about. And she's moved threads I started to more apropos parts of the forum. No big deal. That's just to keep stuff in places where it belongs. It's not a matter of whether you "appreciate" it or not. This isn't your sandbox. It's Soda's sandbox, she pays the data/server fees, and we abide by her guidelines. If you have a problem with your posts being moved, then don't post, or if you do, don't gripe about it being moved. You now know it could happen. Those are the guidelines. If anything is moved or deleted, either Soda did it, or one of the moderators did, in keeping with the guidelines. So please don't jump on another member about "moving" a post. They don't have the permission to do it. There are posting guidelines on this forum. I suggest you read those, too. Here they are: https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/foru...tte-Guidelines

And that's all I have to say about that. Well... all I'm going to say, anyway.

Well said Pippinwhite!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger