Page 89 of 92 FirstFirst ... 39798586878889909192 LastLast

Thread: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about that?

Out on the Border

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    Actually now that I re-read your earlier post regarding the "last word" issue, you said:

"my last post about "the last word" was unnecessary, and I apologize for it. I got pulled in and although I stand by everything else I've said, I shouldn't have made that comment. Again, sorry."

My initial post to Austin had nothing to do with you. You posted a comment about it. Then I explained to you what I had actually meant. You said "nice spin". Later you apologized, but added that you got pulled in. That certainly looks like I pulled you in when I was explaining myself. Why not just say that you were wrong. Why this thing about being pulled in?

And are you also saying that the "truth is the truth. The truth doesn't always come out here" (based on misunderstanding what I had said) in your initial comment to me was written with the best of intentions without a slightest hint of being combative or pulling other people in? The tone in my explanation to you wouldn't have been as harsh as it was without those comments. But I got pulled in.

Yes, a wider battle here. I was referring to a brief interaction (three or four posts) between me, Austin and you. (Granted, it was a smaller battle inside a wider battle, haha.) You copy+pasted posts from a "battle" that has been going on for months. I suggested that Austin stop arguing with Carolyn, but I won't take sides in this "fight" between you and some people here.

Good God I can't even apologize without someone finding fault. I thought we were ok and done with this, but you keep poking at me. Please stop. Thank you.

Out on the Border

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    You're fine, chaim.

Peace to you as well!
    That's not really for you to say. Chaim's posts were directed at me. Please just stop. You've been guilty of being inappropriate to me more than anyone else. Please leave it alone

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Actually, I feel my quotes were misrepresented. In particular, the way you present this:

Your little edits... leaving out some of the things you said as if I were questioning the notion that Glenn would make any kind of legal arrangement pertaining to anything related to the Eagles, misrepresents my intention.

My replies were specifically addressed to your implication that if Glenn wanted to stop the Eagles from continuing without him, he would surely have made provisions to force the matter legally in his will.

That, after all, was the purpose of this line of speculation in the first place... to suggest that the absence of such a provision indicates that he must have been fine with the Eagles continuing without him.

I find fault with that line of speculation, because a provision forbidding a band's continuance is not something that a person would be likely to put in a will, as you suggested. Hence my reply:

"I have never heard of any rock star ever putting something like that [ forbidding his band to continue without him ] in his/her will. Have you?"

I added the bracketed information this time to ensure there's no more confusion.

That's also what was the basis for my other reply, which I here present unedited (the bolded part is what Arlee left out):

"No, I don't think it's been suggested that he would try to control what happened with his band via his will before... because I don't think anyone has EVER tried to do that before (that I'm aware of).

So saying OF COURSE he would have, when NO ONE ever has, is quite a leap."

That's right, folks. Arlee actually deleted the part of the sentence that explained what I was referring to so she could make it look like I was referring to her comment about contracts and negotiations. I leave you to decide how ethical that was.

Anyway, I have yet to see an example of someone forbidding their band to continue in a will, or alternatively requiring it to continue. Some powers end with one's life.

Yeah, no need, chaim. At this point, there's not much to it. Arlee is pulling in quotes from so long ago to create her narrative that I actually had to look one up to see when I posted it... one of the ones she posted on April 19 was from March 30! She's still talking about it now, but the most recent post of mine she quoted was from almost two weeks ago.

I debated over whether I should even reply at this point but I felt the misrepresentation of my posts needed clarifying, especially since they were so long ago that people might have forgotten the originals and assumed Arlee's "edits" were legit.

In short, that link does not address my point: it is unheard of for a musician to forbid a band from continuing without him/her via a will.

(That link doesn't even talk about wills - it just suggests that bands should be sure to sort out legal matters when they form, which is a pretty obvious point that no one has contested.)

It's not hard to figure out why no one tries to control what a band does via a will. Wills are for distributing property to beneficiaries, not controlling what people do in the future.

The closest you can come is making a gift conditional - like "I bequeath my house to my daughter on the condition she doesn't demolish it" - but you can't say "I forbid my wife from living in the house we co-own if she marries again" in your will. She partially owns that house. Likewise, the Eagles name wasn't solely Glenn's so he can't make it a gift to anyone, or take it away from anyone who currently has ownership in it.

Dead men don't own things and they don't control things.

The best you can do is make your wishes known and hope people comply with them once you're gone.

I didn't misrepresent anything. I used your words and you were very clear that you thought it's never happened. Those are your words.

Once again, I was not arguing but you've tried to turn it into one.

I simply did a little research and found that it is indeed very common. That's all I was putting out there.

This could've been an interesting conversation for the board, but you and WalshFan88 shot down my suggestion pretty quickly and very clearly.

Please just stop with the accusations. I did nothing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    That's right, folks. Arlee actually deleted the part of the sentence that explained what I was referring to so she could make it look like I was referring to her comment about contracts and negotiations. I leave you to decide how ethical that was.
    I cannot believe you actually think it's ok to say something like this about me. Saying that I edited to try to make it look like something else and suggest I'm being unethical?

I was honestly trying to show what was said before. Why would I possibly copy and post the whole thing? I was showing context to my post, just trying to show this:

I made a suggestion.
    Some thought what I suggested wouldn't happen, even never happened.
    I found information that it has happened.

That is ALL I was trying to do. You were very clear in your words.

And I have no idea why you're finding fault with me for referring to a post from 3/30. It really looks like you're reaching to find fault with everything I do or say.

I didn't look at dates and even if I did it wouldn't occur to me we aren't supposed to respond to posts over a month old.

So what exactly is the cut-off for responses to a post? 30 days?
    Last edited by Arlee; 05-07-2019 at 01:46 AM.

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post

What we do not tolerate is trolling and personal attacks and disrespectful insults towards our members. When you continue to engage in this type of behavior after being warned, there are consequences here.
    In this quote you publicly accused me of pretty serious transgressions. I wouldn't troll or insult people. I asked for evidence.

Everything I've been accused of, I'm never given evidence.

I started pointing out pretty early on that I never said things that a couple of posters said I did. Over and over.
    And no mod ever stepped in to put a stop to it.

So people began to believe I've said all this terrible stuff.

And never offered evidence.

You publicly said these things about me. It's not fair that I'm not allowed to respond or given proof or get an apology.

This is a perfect example of if it's said enough, people will start to believe it.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Good God I can't even apologize without someone finding fault. I thought we were ok and done with this, but you keep poking at me. Please stop. Thank you.
    I stopped about sixteen days ago.

I stopped about sixteen days ago.
    Same. I think it's time to just ignore it and move on...
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

To anyone who's interested, the reason I kept coming back to this apology thing was that I didn't see it as much of an apology after the one who offered it said "not because I called people names or was combative or insulting. But because I thought my comment was unnecessary". Because I DID find it combative and insulting. I felt it was more than "unnecessary".

BUT, again I found myself slipping into the sarcastic mode with "I got pulled in"and all that. That kind of thing only makes things worse and doesn't give any long-term satisfaction even for me. On the contrary it makes me feel worse. So I better stop.

Stuck on the Border

In other words I was using insulting language again.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I cannot believe you actually think it's ok to say something like this about me. Saying that I edited to try to make it look like something else and suggest I'm being unethical?
    I didn't just say it. I SHOWED it.

Sorry, Arlee. The proof is there in black and white. No blustering your way out of this one.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

I HAVE explained why I don't consider it much of an apology anymore. First was the "I got pulled in", which started to bother me later. Take responsibility for your own words. Then the "not because I was....combative or insulting". It WAS both of those IMO.

I have tried to explain the same thing several times, but apparently it looks like I'm making a new attack every time.

Arlee thinks it was a genuine apology, I don't. Disagreement there. I can live with this disagreement now that I have explained myself. My part in this mess started when I made the suggestion that someone let another person have the last word.