Page 13 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about that?

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year!!

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    Well, at least the "it's only one show" argument we faced constantly in the beginning isn't excpected to silence us anymore, is it?
    Nope!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

I'm not a Vince Gill fan either.

His music does nothing for me (but in fairness, I'm not much for that kind of country anyway) and while he seems to be a likable guy, I didn't care for his eagerness when he was first announced to be in the new lineup. If I were Glenn's friend and fellow musician, I'd say this isn't right and no way am I doing this. I think Vince is talented to be sure, but between his voice/music/playing doing nothing for me, and his interviews when he got the gig, I was very turned off. I've listened to a video of him singing Eagles songs, I was not impressed. I actually think Deacon does a better job in the band, but I still am against it regardless.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I don't see why not. Speaking for myself, the guy means absolutely nothing to me.

I won't address any ofther points raised but I thought it was reasonable to mention that just once.
    Sorry I wasn’t clear enough, you have an understandable view of it but he put down Vince Gill as 3 of his reasons while Glenn was only one. I don’t think Vince Gill is THAT bad if you know what I mean

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    Well, at least the "it's only one show" argument we faced constantly in the beginning isn't excpected to silence us anymore, is it?
    I think it ranks right up there with the 'Glenn is not being replaced' argument.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I don't have any new arguments to put forward, other that it's good to have a thread where both sides can be given rather that strict segregation between for and against. Ideas do not have to be fixed and I think we can all be influenced by heartfelt expressions of an opposing view. I know that my views have softened. It still doesn't feel right but I'm no longer angry.
    UTW - I am not a fan of segregating 'for and against' threads either. It just feels like a contradiction of terms to exclude members from a discussion on a discussion board. However, I think Soda was just trying to stop the constant circular arguing between the two sides of this issue, so I understand why she did it.

I can't really think of an acceptable solution at this point. I just wish we could reach a point where fans could just agree to disagree, but be respectful of each other's views. But, maybe I'm just being naive that this is possible on an online forum. In any event, as I said yesterday, I do think there was some progress made in this thread and members have been more tolerant with a few exceptions.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by OutlawManNJ View Post
    QUESTION:

If it had been Henley that died, would Frey have continued touring as the Eagles?
    We may never know, but there is some discussion about this on pages 5 - 10 in this thread. Additional discussion is here if you really are interested. You can judge for yourself.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    Sorry I wasn’t clear enough, you have an understandable view of it but he put down Vince Gill as 3 of his reasons while Glenn was only one. I don’t think Vince Gill is THAT bad if you know what I mean
    Yes, I think that's a fair point.

Out on the Border DiscoStrangler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Well Steely Dan were in the midst of a tour when Walter Becker died. It was his illness which caused him to miss the Classic West Concert. Donald Fagen may have been relying on tour income when it was cut short unexpectantly. That could be why he “jumped straight” into another tour. This is conjecture of course.
    Considering Fagen is the voice of Steely Dan, it's no shock that he's touring as such. I saw Fagan & The Nightflyers last year, and most of his set are Steely Dan tunes.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    I’ve been staying out but I found this ridiculous and over the top. First off all the farewell tour was admittedly not the end. The band said farewell 1 implied a second farewell. The band was operated year to year. Second Don Felder does not want in nor deserves to be back in the band. Third we don’t know why Bernie is not touring with the band. The ticket prices are a market price. I do not judge people who get paid what they want. You can say don has fake humility but that’s your opinion and I find it to be false. I totally understand when people don’t like the current lineup due to Glenn not being there but you just seem to be a Don hater, and seem totally biased. Any money don will be making will not afford him much comfort in this stage at life. He isn’t able to make enough to radically change his style of living. Any money he makes will go towards his family. That is true for all of them besides maybe Timothy and Vince. Also I don’t think it’s fair to not like this lineup because of Vince Gill. You seem to be motivated by hate and not a love for the band and what is stands for which is what people who are against this lineup on this forum are about. Not you
    I agree with much of what you say, YEF. I would add that Don supports a number of charities including his own Walden Pond foundation and no doubt he wants to plan for and ensure their financial viability long after he passes.

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    About Bernie. My friend from High School his Step Mother is Bernie's sister. He told me a few years ago that he was thinking of leaving the HOTE tour it was getting really exhausting for him.
    Thanks for that tidbit of info. Bernie probably hasn’t toured like that since the 70s so that’s not too surprising, even though he seemed to be in the best physical shape of all of them.

Too late I learned he appeared on the “Buddy and Jim Radio Show” (Outlaw Country SiriusXM channel) last summer. It would have been interesting to hear what he had to say, esp. if it had anything to do with the Classic Concerts.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    There's a recent interview with Bill Szymzcyk and the last few minutes are about this version of the band. Essentially Bill was against it thinking it just wasn't right, but after seeing them in Greensboro, he's now ok with it. He also tells a funny story about Vince Gill. https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...t/id1278270986
    Thanks for that link, UtW. That was indeed funny about Vince—after watching the HOTE documentary, he decided it would be better not to perform with the remaining Eagles. Lol, I wonder what changed his mind.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

For me, it's simple. Why not hire two extra touring members to lighten the band's work load -- with 52 plus concerts they can easily afford the added expense if you even want to call it that. Frankly I think it's a "dream team" business strategy/formula that is paying off big time.

I am curious how the pie is being divided up.
    Last edited by Dawn; 03-01-2018 at 02:24 AM.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016