Page 14 of 92 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about that?

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    UTW - I am not a fan of segregating 'for and against' threads either. It just feels like a contradiction of terms to exclude members from a discussion on a discussion board. However, I think Soda was just trying to stop the constant circular arguing between the two sides of this issue, so I understand why she did it.

I can't really think of an acceptable solution at this point. I just wish we could reach a point where fans could just agree to disagree, but be respectful of each other's views. But, maybe I'm just being naive that this is possible on an online forum. In any event, as I said yesterday, I do think there was some progress made in this thread and members have been more tolerant with a few exceptions.
    I can see where you are coming from, Dreamer. You don't want either side to feel censored or silenced, etc. And you don't want there to be attacks or vitriol either.

The only reason I feel it's better to have two separate threads for both sides is so that the people for it wouldn't have to read ours and maybe would lay off with the complaining or trying to go after our arguments, and then they could have their threads where they feel likeminded people would be discussing it with them and not "ruining" their shows. Which is still baffling as to why that was brought up.

It was certainly a problem in 3.0 where they would try to invalidate our opinions and then would claim we were raining on their parade, yet we mostly stay out of their positive threads. I know that for me, only having a place for positive opinions for the new lineup and no negative opinions would lead me to being very upset. My whole motto is if you don't like something we say in 3.0 - don't read it. It will be easier on you because we, or at least I, have no intention of not discussing it. Now I'm not saying you can't, but I know for me if there is an article or a thread that really upsets me to the point of feeling anger, I'm going to choose to avoid it. Not because I couldn't read it or post in it, but I'm choosing to do something to help keep me sane. It works. I feel while there can be and is debating on the new lineup, I have more of a problem with people taking other's opinions on said debate to task, when none of them are wrong. If that happens, then I'm ok with segregating it. I think subjectivity has it's place and is very much that person's own viewpoint and should be protected from invalidation.

I don't think there is an acceptable solution at this point either. I say let the chips fall where they may. I don't think there is a way to make everyone happy here. People will either learn to ignore things that upset them that are just mere opinions (not attacks, which of course would be worthy of upset), or they will move on from the board. I think the way it's being handled now is fine. You and Soda and the other mods do a great job of keeping the peace. Kudos to you all.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    I’ve been staying out but I found this ridiculous and over the top. First off all the farewell tour was admittedly not the end. The band said farewell 1 implied a second farewell. The band was operated year to year. Second Don Felder does not want in nor deserves to be back in the band. Third we don’t know why Bernie is not touring with the band. The ticket prices are a market price. I do not judge people who get paid what they want. You can say don has fake humility but that’s your opinion and I find it to be false. I totally understand when people don’t like the current lineup due to Glenn not being there but you just seem to be a Don hater, and seem totally biased. Any money don will be making will not afford him much comfort in this stage at life. He isn’t able to make enough to radically change his style of living. Any money he makes will go towards his family. That is true for all of them besides maybe Timothy and Vince. Also I don’t think it’s fair to not like this lineup because of Vince Gill. You seem to be motivated by hate and not a love for the band and what is stands for which is what people who are against this lineup on this forum are about. Not you
    Im not a Don hater, he is just an ass.

PS: So your conclusion is that anything I said "was wrong or not fair". Whatever you are entitled to be Donnies Fanboy/girl....I just find him an arrogant money hungry jerk that sues people because they have the same name!

I better watch out he might sue me for calling him an ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer
    I am not a fan of segregating 'for and against' threads either. It just feels like a contradiction of terms to exclude members from a discussion on a discussion board. However, I think Soda was just trying to stop the constant circular arguing between the two sides of this issue, so I understand why she did it.

I can't really think of an acceptable solution at this point. I just wish we could reach a point where fans could just agree to disagree, but be respectful of each other's views. But, maybe I'm just being naive that this is possible on an online forum. In any event, as I said yesterday, I do think there was some progress made in this thread and members have been more tolerant with a few exceptions.
    Yeah, I segregated it because first off, it was no longer serving the purpose it was created for, and secondly, it wasn't a true discussion IMHO - no ideas were being exchanged. It was pretty much the same people restating the same heated opinions with less and less civility.

Well, maybe having multiple threads is the way to go. We can just say now that you can pick what you want. You want to argue about it? Come to this thread. You're pro and you don't like to read negativity? Go to a positive thread. Want to complain without having to listen to the pro-camp scold you and tell you to shut up? Go to the anti-3.0 thread.

Something for everyone.

You don't have to worry anymore that what you read will bring you down, because if you don't like it, you can go to another thread.

I'll change the title to reflect that purpose, after notifying the thread creator.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by OutlawManNJ View Post
    Im not a Don hater, he is just an ass.

PS: So your conclusion is that anything I said "was wrong or not fair". Whatever you are entitled to be Donnies Fanboy/girl....I just find him an arrogant money hungry jerk that sues people because they have the same name!

I better watch out he might sue me for calling him an ass.
    I found what you said in that comment to be wrong. I don’t think Henley is some evil person. He has numerous fault sure, but I can a list of instances in which he didn’t do what was beneficial to his ego or his wallet

Any one here subscribe to Pollstar?

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Any one here subscribe to Pollstar?

No why?

TM - thanks for your reply.

Pollstar is a great resource but it cost a minimum of
    $500 to have access to their subscription only database.

TM - thanks for your reply.

Pollstar is a great resource but it cost a minimum of
    $500 to have access to their subscription only database.

I dom’t have a job and i am a full time college student so I don’t have the momey and time to do it

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

No worries TM2, it's primarily for people in the industry and media I believe. I'm just curious how much revenue the band made last year and how much they will make on this tour. 8 concerts to 52 is a big bump. The media has not reported on how much money last summer's The Classics East/West & Northwest made. The Eagles were one of 6 bands for East/West and 1 of 2 for Northwest.

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

No worries TM2, it's primarily for people in the industry and media I believe. I'm just curious how much revenue the band made last year and how much they will make on this tour. 8 concerts to 52 is a big bump. The media has not reported on how much money last summer's The Classics East/West & Northwest made. The Eagles were one of 6 bands for East/West and 1 of 2 for Northwest.

Well GNR has the 4th highest grossing tour from just the past 2 years. It was freaking amazing and they just kept adding dates plus Axl with AC/DC. I think it would be nice to get into a little bit more on that decison to expand. Maybe they could do a DVD release with extended interviews. They have footage obviously.