Page 16 of 92 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about that?

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    For me, I lost interest the day Glenn Frey died.

I do remember seeing that promotional publicity photo of Deacon Frey and Vince Gill for the first time and reading the LA Times article about the Eagles (Don Henley) calling on " family & friends" and wondering if this wasn't the beginning (as one person described it) of "the world's greatest Eagles tribute band going on tour".

IIRC in the LA Times interview Don Henley described the upcoming Classics as an "experiment" and more or less implied that whatever happened next would be Azoff's ball.

Personally, I don't know how long the band will continue to tour with Vince Gill and Deacon Frey.
    I feel this is the last iteration. For better or worse. I don’t feel they will be touring long enough for them to consider a switch

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    IIRC in the LA Times interview Don Henley described the upcoming Classics as an "experiment" and more or less implied that whatever happened next would be Azoff's ball.
    Ugh, don't remind me of all the BS we were fed back then. Looking back now, I feel so played.

We now know they were making plans much earlier than they admitted, although I'm sure they would characterize them as simply "tentative." The only thing that would have stopped it would have been lack of ticket sales, or the admission that Glenn was too important to the band for them to legitimately continue without him, but it was apparent early on that those concerns had been swept aside. Still, they pretended to be uncertain about continuing, even as the venues and dates were being lined up behind the scenes.

I find the disingenuous interviews they did during the months before and after the Classics absolutely contemptible.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year!!

Quote Originally Posted by OutlawManNJ View Post
    Im not a Don hater, he is just an ass.

PS: So your conclusion is that anything I said "was wrong or not fair". Whatever you are entitled to be Donnies Fanboy/girl....I just find him an arrogant money hungry jerk that sues people because they have the same name!

I better watch out he might sue me for calling him an ass.
    Legal action notwithstanding, the name-calling isn't necessary.

By the way, if anyone is curious as to what OMNJ is referring to regarding Don Henley suing someone because he had the same name, it's this domain name issue: https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...ead.php?t=4144

There was no actual lawsuit, happily.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Is it true that Will Henley is now playing in the touring band? How old is the boy? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Is it true that Will Henley is now playing in the touring band? How old is the boy? Thank you.
    I think so from what I've seen. I have no idea if he's doing the whole tour or some dates. He just turned 20 last month.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

The only thing that would have stopped it would have been lack of ticket sales, or the admission that Glenn was too important to the band for them to legitimately continue.
    There is one other thing. Well, actually two.

Timothy and Joe.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    SIGH

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I think so from what I've seen. I have no idea if he's doing the whole tour or some dates. He just turned 20 last month.
    Thank you, Miss Shun. I'm not able to share it here due to my own technical shortcomings, but apparently the lad said on Instagram, "Surreal past few weeks playing with these guys. Here's to the next 16."

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

16 what, weeks? Will Henley is playing with the band? In rehearsals? I'm so confused.

Oh, I just saw the pic on Instgram - he's gone public. He used to be private and let me follow him, but it was so boring I unfollowed haha sorry Will, you're a doll! It looks like he's way off stage right, almost in the wings, definitely in the shadows, playing guitar. He makes guitar player #7 on this song, whatever it is... is Henley wearing a backwards ballcap? Rehearsal.

I'm not sure that we're supposed to share the kids' social media posts on here, even if they are public. Well, once they play with the band they're fair game, I'd think...

In a private enterprise like this, I'm all for nepotism - good for Don and his son, how fun!

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    16 what, weeks? Will Henley is playing with the band? In rehearsals? I'm so confused.

Oh, I just saw the pic on Instgram - he's gone public. He used to be private and let me follow him, but it was so boring I unfollowed haha sorry Will, you're a doll! It looks like he's way off stage right, almost in the wings, definitely in the shadows, playing guitar. He makes guitar player #7 on this song, whatever it is... is Henley wearing a backwards ballcap? Rehearsal.

I'm not sure that we're supposed to share the kids' social media posts on here, even if they are public. Well, once they play with the band they're fair game, I'd think...

In a private enterprise like this, I'm all for nepotism - good for Don and his son, how fun!
    That's why I didn't share anything. I kinda notice for a couple of weeks that maybe Will will be playing in the touring band, but of course I kept it to myself since its the Eagles' children especially the ones that are not in the public eye.

Even though some of the Eagles children's instagram pages are public, I don't say anything that goes on on their pages. I saw someone post about this on facebook this morning which I was surprised it was posted, but I guess its ok since we'll be seeing Will at the shows.

He probably will be touring with them for 16 weeks. Don did say Will was taking a year off before he started college and he's been at a couple of the shows last year. He's probably going to college this year or it maybe next year.

I think that is Don with the backward ball cap. The guy next to him is a little taller which is probably Deacon. It looks like Vince has switched places with Timothy and he's now at the end.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley