Page 17 of 92 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about that?

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

Wait so the band uses off stage musicians?

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    Wait so the band uses off stage musicians?
    I don't think they do. They already have a lot of guitar players and keyboardist. I don't think he's in the wing. He's probably on the stage where you can see him, but not in the action.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

They definitely used an off-stage musician during the HoTE tour, for the mandolin on Saturday Night. That was the song, right? Not trusting my memory...

It was probably either Steuart or Bernie playing that part. I think majority of the touring band were off stage (probably still on stage, but didn't see them) during those few early songs in the set as they were just focused on the guys.

I think I had confused myself about playing off stage. I thought travlnman2 was talking about a musician who was not part of the regular touring musician who was playing off stage. I guess Will count as off stage if he's not visible on stage.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

The Mother Ship just keeps getting bigger and bigger.

FWIW

I don't know how many kids Azoff has but I believe some work in the family business as does (or did) his wife.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    The Mother Ship just keeps getting bigger and bigger.

FWIW

I don't know how many kids Azoff has but I believe some work in the family business as does (or did) his wife.
    I think he and Shelli have 4 children. I found a picture of the Azoff on stage with the Eagles in 2011 when Irving and Shelli got an award. I think their youngest son is a musician and photographer.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 03-05-2018 at 05:44 PM.

Yeah I was wondering why Don had a backwards hat on. Not a usual look for him lol. I was also suprised that Will was playing guitar as well but it being a rehearsal makes sense. It must have been the osprey concert. I figure they must have been playing best of my love with the acoustic guitars but I’m not sure if Vince and Steuart were playing electric or not. It’s very cool for will and Deacon to be involved. It’s unfortunate that Glenn and Deacon can’t share this moment that don and will can. Maybe the extensive tour has to do with Don wanting will to get some experience or just bonding time? I remember him talking about wanting to spend soon with his kids so I figured there must have been a reason besides money he wanted to tour this much.

It does seem that Deacon and will are friends. It would be really cool if they could do their own thing. I doubt it as I’m not sure Will wants to do music as his profession and Deacon is more into hip hop but who knows

I think all the Eagles children are close to each other since probably would see each other a lot on tour when school's out and you practically grew up with them.

I think I remembered Don saying in an interview that Will wanted to make movies.

Here's what Don said at the Runaway Tour last year. This is from HoutstonBaby's recap. https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/foru...?t=7099&page=4

Question #28: A lady who did not say where she was from. She wanted to know since Will (Don’s son) had played on Cass County if he was going to choose to be a musician as his career. Don replied he didn’t know. On one hand, he didn’t want him to live in his shadow. On the other hand, Don said Will is a very good musician. Don continued - Unfortunately, the music business is not the same. You don’t get paid for songs really, it’s fractions of cents. It’s very difficult to make money at it. In addition, when Don was growing up, there were places to play, Elks Lodge, frat parties, etc, and now there isn’t. Will’s not sure he wants to be in the business. He told Will that if he wants to do it for fun and joy, that was fine. It was why he got into it. And to get the girls… (BIG smile) He’s not pushing him to do it for a career. Perhaps he’d join Deacon and carry on that legacy, but he wouldn’t want them to be locked into playing their fathers’ songs but perhaps they could write some of their own to go with the legacy songs, that would work. He wants him to have a creative career and not just be a ‘jukebox’. He’s just graduated from high school, and he’s taking a ‘gap’ year. They’ll travel around some and see the world. Don said that if he wants to be a musician, that was fine with him, and he’d give him a lot of advice. Though he won’t listen. (laughter)

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Is it true that Will Henley is now playing in the touring band? How old is the boy? Thank you.
    As this has just appeared out of nowhere, perhaps some background information can be given. I don't use Instagram.

Is the (apparent?) inclusion of Will Henley the first admission that Deacon & the other guy weren't enough to fill in the gap?

In any case, I thought Will Henley played drums?

I would appreciate some clarification & then I can withdraw again.