Page 18 of 92 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about that?

Banned

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

Not sure what "gap" you're referring to. If those two performers weren't adequate in their spots, they wouldn't continue to tour with the rest of the band.

There is no official confirmation that Will Henley is in the band. At best, he looks to be in line for a spot in the backing band along with Will Hollis, Scott Crago, Michael Thompson, etc. Will Henley also plays guitar, if his Instagram photo is to be believed.

I'm not trying to start an argument here because I know many are adamantly opposed, but it seems overwhelmingly obvious that, outside of the name, this band is not trying to be the Eagles. Nor are they trying to cause others to mistake them for the Eagles.

This is a different thing. They have Eagles members singing Eagles songs, but the identity is completely different. Adding Henley's son, I believe, contributes to the more whimsical nature of the whole thing.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

Quote Originally Posted by EagleInKansas View Post
    Not sure what "gap" you're referring to. If those two performers weren't adequate in their spots, they wouldn't continue to tour with the rest of the band.

There is no official confirmation that Will Henley is in the band. At best, he looks to be in line for a spot in the backing band along with Will Hollis, Scott Crago, Michael Thompson, etc. Will Henley also plays guitar, if his Instagram photo is to be believed.

I'm not trying to start an argument here because I know many are adamantly opposed, but it seems overwhelmingly obvious that, outside of the name, this band is not trying to be the Eagles. Nor are they trying to cause others to mistake them for the Eagles.

This is a different thing. They have Eagles members singing Eagles songs, but the identity is completely different. Adding Henley's son, I believe, contributes to the more whimsical nature of the whole thing.
    Then they should have changed the name. However, it's interesting to see one of the strongest supporters of this now trying to justify it by saying 'they're not the Eagles'. If even a supporter of it now admits this, I have no compunction any more about calling them what I see them as: a glorfied tribute band.

However thank you for your clarification.
    Last edited by Freypower; 03-05-2018 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    As this has just appeared out of nowhere, perhaps some background information can be given. I don't use Instagram.

Is the (apparent?) inclusion of Will Henley the first admission that Deacon & the other guy weren't enough to fill in the gap?

In any case, I thought Will Henley played drums?

I would appreciate some clarification & then I can withdraw again.
    He plays drums and guitar. Chris Holt who was in Don's solo band, was his guitar teacher before he joined Don's solo band.

This kinda did appeared out of nowhere, but in his pictures and (mostly videos) he was kinda hinting of doing something musically, but he really wasn't hinting that he will be on tour with the band. He was at some rehearsals, but I thought he might be hanging with his dad. I had notice he had an ear monitor box with his name on it in one video. I had a feeling then, but I thought he was going around doing club shows.

I see him more being part of the backup band like Will, Steuart, Scott, and Michael then up front with his father and the other guys.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 03-05-2018 at 07:11 PM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Banned

FP, I am not at all saying that they're not the Eagles. They most certainly are the only Eagles we have. I have never not called this band the Eagles. I'm saying that I don't think they're presenting themselves as the same as the version of the Eagles that included Glenn or one they feel should be compared to that. I did not at all mean that they're not legitimate or that I don't wholeheartedly support what they're doing, because I most certainly do. I just meant that I don't believe this version of the Eagles is designed to add to or affect their "legacy," if that makes sense.

As this has just appeared out of nowhere, perhaps some background information can be given. I don't use Instagram.

Is the (apparent?) inclusion of Will Henley the first admission that Deacon & the other guy weren't enough to fill in the gap?

In any case, I thought Will Henley played drums?

I would appreciate some clarification & then I can withdraw again.
    The context I’m aware of is that Will has been traveling with the band at the classic dates, and the evening concerts, and some of the HOTE tour. He has posted pictures backstage and from the crowd. I don’t know where him being part of the backing band came from, I haven’t seen any part of that. But there is a picture of him at the osprey where he was next to Vince and all of them were playing guitar during a rehearsal. But still not live concert. I personally think it meant he was just going Be part of the tour but not actually perform. But maybe he is excited because maybe he will finally be a part of it?

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    It was probably either Steuart or Bernie playing that part. I think majority of the touring band were off stage (probably still on stage, but didn't see them) during those few early songs in the set as they were just focused on the guys.
    According to Bob Seger, it was Bernie playing the mandolin.

I think it’s a stretch to assume Will is being brought in for that reason. Chances are this is the last major tour the band will ever go on and it’s a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for Will to experience something like this firsthand. As someone else said, he’s probably going to play something in the background. At any rate, we’ll have a clearer picture in one more week about what his role will be.

I understand you resent “the other guy” for supposedly “replacing” Glenn but can we not pretend he’s some talentless unknown hack who needs help from a 20 year-old boss’s son who’s barely a musician?

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    According to Bob Seger, it was Bernie playing the mandolin.

I think it’s a stretch to assume Will is being brought in for that reason. Chances are this is the last major tour the band will ever go on and it’s a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for Will to experience something like this firsthand. As someone else said, he’s probably going to play something in the background. At any rate, we’ll have a clearer picture in one more week about what his role will be.

I understand you resent “the other guy” for supposedly “replacing” Glenn but can we not pretend he’s some talentless unknown hack who needs help from a 20 year-old boss’s son who’s barely a musician?
    I have implied no such thing. I have never cast aspersions on the man's talent; I know nothing about him. It must of couurse be conceded that he has more professional experience than both Frey Jr & Henley Jr.

But don't give me the 'supposedly' stuff, please.

I have implied no such thing. I have never cast aspersions on the man's talent; I know nothing about him. It must of couurse be conceded that he has more professional experience than both Frey Jr & Henley Jr.

But don't give me the 'supposedly' stuff, please.
    Ok, if I misunderstood your comment I apologize and stand corrected. There have been some unfair (and ridiculous) shots taken at Vince Gill when all he’s done is accept a position with one of the world’s most famous and lucrative bands.

In my view he’s not replacing Glenn b/c he’s not a co-leader with Henley, he’s not the new frontman, he doesn’t talk or joke much on stage, he doesn’t introduce anyone, etc. I don’t know what his role backstage is but I doubt he’s planning the setlist or directing the other band members/backing musicians.

He sings a few of Glenn’s songs plus one of Randy’s. I’m not even sure he plays any of Glenn’s guitar parts.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

So I gotta ask --- who else in the Junior Eagles Family & Friends could be joining the tour?

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

If they add another kid it should be Jeddrah. She has done what those fans who don't think this version of the Eagles is legitimate say that Deacon should be doing - striking out on his own and not riding his dad's coattails.

"The long awaited follow up to her successful debut, "If These Shoes Could Talk", unleashes a well-developed band with an edgier sound, memorable hooks and emotionally charged lyrics. The enhanced CD also includes the music video for the single, "Maybe." Singer/songwriter Jeddrah Schmit grew up backstage watching her father, Timothy B. Schmit, playing bass for The Eagles. Jeddrah's lifelong immersion into music created by some of the finest musicians in history has certainly effected her sense of song craft and lyrical substance. The Los Angeles Music Awards has presented Jeddrah with awards for "Best Independent Marketing," "Best Female Singer/Songwriter" and "Pop Album Of The Year." Music Connection Magazine has included Jeddrah in their annual Hot 100 Unsigned Bands list for three years running, with reviews calling Jeddrah "...a high energy band that gives you the feeling they simply decided to throw a party for their friends and chose a venue as a location." They have also received airplay on influential Los Angeles Alternative radio station, KROQ"

https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/jed2

And she still sings professionally, backing Hank Linderman at a show as recently as January.
    Last edited by MaryCalifornia; 03-05-2018 at 09:58 PM.