Page 19 of 92 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about that?

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

That's interesting about Will. Do wonder what exactly his role could be too if that is what's happening.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Ok, if I misunderstood your comment I apologize and stand corrected. There have been some unfair (and ridiculous) shots taken at Vince Gill when all he’s done is accept a position with one of the world’s most famous and lucrative bands.

In my view he’s not replacing Glenn b/c he’s not a co-leader with Henley, he’s not the new frontman, he doesn’t talk or joke much on stage, he doesn’t introduce anyone, etc. I don’t know what his role backstage is but I doubt he’s planning the setlist or directing the other band members/backing musicians.

He sings a few of Glenn’s songs plus one of Randy’s. I’m not even sure he plays any of Glenn’s guitar parts.
    This is semantics.

Of course neither Gill nor Deacon Frey are replacing Glenn in a literal sense. How could they? But they are standing where he stood & singing his songs. Ergo they have replaced him.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by EagleInKansas View Post
    FP, I am not at all saying that they're not the Eagles. They most certainly are the only Eagles we have. I have never not called this band the Eagles. I'm saying that I don't think they're presenting themselves as the same as the version of the Eagles that included Glenn or one they feel should be compared to that. I did not at all mean that they're not legitimate or that I don't wholeheartedly support what they're doing, because I most certainly do. I just meant that I don't believe this version of the Eagles is designed to add to or affect their "legacy," if that makes sense.
    This just reinforces how utterly unnecessary the entire thing is. Oh no, they're not the Eagles, but they're this version of the Eagles, so that's alright then. They have nothing to do with the legacy of the Eagles but they're legitimate.

If people want to twist the language around so that they can justify this to themselves, fair enough. I see it from the opposite perspective.

Banned

There's nothing I need to justify. I like it. I support it. I make no apologies for that nor for my literal lifetime of Eagles fandom that negates any need to justify how I proceed with that fandom following Glenn's death. I have put a lifetime of love, passion, enthusiasm, attention, dedication, loyalty and financial resources into supporting the Eagles. My fandom is beyond reproach. I will stop "twisting language" in order to find common ground from now on and communicate explicitly. No justification necessary.

Stuck on the Border

Referring to a comment a couple of pages back...As far as I know Gill didn't just accept an offer. Didn't his management contact Eagles' management to offer his services?

Stuck on the Border

Returning to the subject of Don's son touring with this band, I'm thinking the precedent was set during the HFO tour when Don Felder's son worked backstage and ended up playing (was it sax?). I can see the appeal for Don Henley. He gets to share the experience of performing in front of a huge audience with his own son and he gets to spend some of his downtime with him. Don's already had one of his daughters on tour (for a solo tour but maybe she's along for this one, too). Increasing the number of young people around may make it feel less of a dinosaur tour.

Border Desperado

Timothy's daughter, Jeddrah, has a beautiful voice. Personally if they are going to start including their children, I would love to see her on stage with the band. I think his son, Ben, also played guitar and drums on a song or two on the Expando album. Joe's daughter, Lucy, used to do some singing/songwriting. I'm not sure that she still does or if she has chosen acting instead. Totally off topic-----I was happy to learn that Hank Linderman who has been an important asset to Timothy's solo career has decided to run fo political office in his home state of Kentucky. I got the chance to talk with him briefly after a couple of Timothy's solo shows. He is a nice person. For better or worse....depending on your opinion of the tour....the band has certainly made some unexpected decisions that I don't think anyone could have anticipated.

Surely I am not the only one who believes the band will never stop touring?

With or without Vince Gill. Or Deacon Frey.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Surely I am not the only one who believes the band will never stop touring?

With or without Vince Gill. Or Deacon Frey.
    No, you're not the only one. I don't see them stop touring anytime soon either. I would say "maybe" two more years. Joe said 5 in an interview, but I don't think their voices can hold up that much longer. Its already starting to take its toll. I don't see them touring 'til they are almost 80.

As for Deacon and Vince. With Deacon. I say yes. Without Vince. Probably yes. Either Vince will leave on his own (which I doubt it) or they don't need him anymore. I'm thinking it will be more the latter.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

If Will Henley can sing, maybe they can just stick him in there and have him do a couple of Eagles songs as well. Anything goes now!

How far down will the name "Eagles" be dragged? How much more of a farce will these shows become? Only time will tell.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten