Page 20 of 92 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about that?

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    If Will Henley can sing, maybe they can just stick him in there and have him do a couple of Eagles songs as well. Anything goes now!

How far down will the name "Eagles" be dragged? How much more of a farce will these shows become? Only time will tell.
    I highly doubt this is what this is turning into.

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

OMG...so now Don's son is playing with them too? Ugh.

They need to call it "3 Eagles, Two Sons, and a Country Crooner (who sounds nothing like Glenn Frey)".

It truly is "Family and Friends" now...

On another note, I see that Lynyrd Skynyrd is on a farewell tour. They're down to one original and he's in bad health so instead of continuing the band, they are putting that baby to bed before something happens to Gary. Good on them.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    If Will Henley can sing, maybe they can just stick him in there and have him do a couple of Eagles songs as well. Anything goes now!

How far down will the name "Eagles" be dragged? How much more of a farce will these shows become? Only time will tell.
    Yep. It truly is comical now just what has taken place. They might as well start having a round of their favorite artists and their semi-talented kids show up on different nights to do different stuff. Just make it a jam band and open it up so that everyone can (try to) sing Glenn's parts. Before long, at this rate, they'll start having open mic night. It would be funny if it weren't true. It could be.

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Yep. It truly is comical now just what has taken place. They might as well start having a round of their favorite artists and their semi-talented kids show up on different nights to do different stuff. Just make it a jam band and open it up so that everyone can (try to) sing Glenn's parts. Before long, at this rate, they'll start having open mic night. It would be funny if it weren't true. It could be.
    I don’t see the slippery slope here. Will Henley has been traveling with the band since HOTE. Him being in the backup band has been done before. It’s not that crazy. Glenn himself even poked fun at it when he performed with Deacon calling it “nepotism incorporated”.

The only proof we have this happening is on Instagram post and it was shown with him way off to the right, pretty much off the stage strumming a guitar with no microphone. I know his son plays drums, he will probably help there. They don’t need more guitars. I haven’t seen Don talk about his singing ability. It was never a surprise these guys loved there kids and when towards the end of their lives they want to spend time with them. I can’t stand such a negative reaction to that. I get not supporting them touring but this is a good moment for all them involved

Banned

Come on, YEF, everybody knows that a kid who posts innocuous Instagram photos of himself hanging out with his happens-to-be-a-celebrity dad deserves to be dragged into a tired argument about how gracefully a 70-year-old is handling the end of his own five-decade career. You should know better than to expect adults not to attack the children of their once-loved musicians. Deacon and Will are just riding their dads' coattails, after all. Save your reason and empathy for a group of people who are interested in entertaining it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    OMG...so now Don's son is playing with them too? Ugh.

They need to call it "3 Eagles, Two Sons, and a Country Crooner (who sounds nothing like Glenn Frey)".

It truly is "Family and Friends" now...

On another note, I see that Lynyrd Skynyrd is on a farewell tour. They're down to one original and he's in bad health so instead of continuing the band, they are putting that baby to bed before something happens to Gary. Good on them.
    Surprised Skynyrd didn't hire you as their manager long ago, WF. You clearly know what's best for them. I'd call Irving today and see if you can begin advising the Eagles. Time for those old guys to wrap it up too, eh?

And it's strange that you're complaining about Vince's sound-a-like ability. You don't want Glenn replaced, but if he is it should be by an absolute carbon copy? Bizarre opinion. But it's on me for expecting any consistency or sense. Carry on. Make that call.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

I can't see any problem with children of Eagles members becoming involved with the band and performing. When it happens with other bands, fans often really like it. At least the bands I follow. And Deacon has pretty much saved Eagles by stepping in, and given us this new era (which is what it is becoming.)

So what we have here is a brand new era of decades old Eagles music being performed by friends and family with special guests Don Henley, Joe Walsh & Timothy B Schmit?

Distorted Reality at premium ticket prices.

And fans are supposed to be grateful?

Forgive me. Not this one.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

To say that Don, Tim, and Joe are 'special guests' is just an example of the hyperbole which simply doesn't match reality.

If there really was anything wrong with what is happening, then there wouldn't be any need to twist the truth and make things up.