Page 28 of 92 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about that?

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    I’ve been saying this for a long time. The only people who believe the legacy is being tainted are those who don’t like the 3.0 lineup which is the minority
    Oh, I don't think for a second we are *that* small of a population. Outside of this board, I think there are probably just as many or close to it of those who wouldn't go than there are that would go. We just don't see it because they don't post. We might be a lesser population, but it's probably more 60/40 than 80/20. JMO.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I meant touring. Not with side projects or documentaries or memoirs.

Before Glenn died, and the HOTE tour was going on, there was a lot of information about it being the last tour, and that Glenn was wanting to wrap the band up. If he had not died, I think the band would be done about now if not in a year or two. He wasn't against other projects, but he was tired of touring and his health wasn't the best. I think he would have stopped it not long after HOTE.

There was plenty to indicate that he was wrapping up the Eagles before he died.
    But he also told Bernie at the last concert, that wasn’t their finally goodbye. The always hinted at things being the end. They operated it year to year

Oh, I don't think for a second we are *that* small of a population. Outside of this board, I think there are probably just as many or close to it of those who wouldn't go than there are that would go. We just don't see it because they don't post. We might be a lesser population, but it's probably more 60/40 than 80/20. JMO.
    I don’t think the casual fan of any band thinks about that stuff. Look at how many bands tour with many key members missing. They don’t think about this stuff nearly enough to overcome their desire to hear music they love.

But he also told Bernie at the last concert, that wasn’t their finally goodbye. The always hinted at things being the end. They operated it year to year
    Agree to disagree YEF.

There was even a thread here talking about it but maybe that was before you joined and don't remember.

"Final goodbye" can be translated to a lot of things, YEF. It didn't indicate future shows. Final goodbye could mean just seeing each other again, simply put.

I think there is more evidence to support that he was getting rid to quit touring than there are against it.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

I don’t think the casual fan of any band thinks about that stuff. Look at how many bands tour with many key members missing. They don’t think about this stuff nearly enough to overcome their desire to hear music they love.
    Maybe not casual fans, but I've commented about them in the 3.0 thread. They probably could not pick the guys out of a lineup and tell who's who. Just know the songs and the names. There are a lot of hardcore fans out there too.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

I also want to say, that just because I believe the anti 3.0 group to be the minority, I don’t think their opinion is less valid or less important than the majority

I also want to say, that just because I believe the anti 3.0 group to be the minority, I don’t think their opinion is less valid or less important than the majority
    Thanks, YEF.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    Austin...Me and a lot of Kiss fans in the KISSFAQ forum don't believe that Gene and Paul really want Kiss to continue without them. We feel they're saying that to justify Tommy and Eric in Ace's and Peter's makeup.
    That could be true... Because they've certainly taken a lot of heat for that. I'm ok with Tommy and Eric being in the band, but do your own makeup design. Eric Carr and Vinnie Vincent did it, why not Tommy and Eric! Because they aren't Ace/Peter. I'm not the worlds biggest Tommy fan. I probably have more respect for Singer at this point than I do Thayer. Thayer just rubs me the wrong way. From interviews I've seen, he's all rough and tough and trying to put on an act and that's what it is, an act. He tries to be a tough guy. He'd do better if he was an actor or an athlete or something. But that fake machismo gets old fast.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    C'mon FP - I didn't say any of these things, nobody has ever said these things on this board, I don't know how you extrapolate what you are saying here from my post. My point was that knowing what we know now (#1, #2 and #3 are all true - we didn't know these things when Glenn died or in the year after) I now can see in hindsight that with the dynamics of the Eagles band NOBODY's death could have stopped it, NOBODY would be "enough".

Also, please don't say that someone else has nothing to prove personally or professionally in their business activities. In this case it smacks of ageism. Are you criticizing them for continuing to tour solo and make solo records?
    You know very well I have absolutely no criticism of their solo careers. In my view this is what they ShOULD be doing.

Agree to disagree YEF.

There was even a thread here talking about it but maybe that was before you joined and don't remember.

"Final goodbye" can be translated to a lot of things, YEF. It didn't indicate future shows. Final goodbye could mean just seeing each other again, simply put.

I think there is more evidence to support that he was getting rid to quit touring than there are against it.
    That is true. Agree to disagree is a good idea