Page 36 of 92 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about that?

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

The conflict is unfortunate. We try to keep it in only a couple of active threads so that people can avoid the conflict if they do not enter those threads. Most of the time, members are good about keeping to that. When they slip, I move their posts.

However, its existence is inevitable. This is a controversial topic.

Nevertheless, I am always sad to see good people leave over it.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Re: An Evening with the Eagles @ Smoothie King Center in New Orleans, LA - June 20, 2

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    "You are entitled to it, but after awhile it just has to stop"...is a contradiction if I've ever heard one. So which is it, YEF? The former or the latter? Because it's the former. To me if you take away the negative 3.0 posts but leave up the excitement threads and the pro 3.0 posts, it's not fair. I feel the way Soda and Dreamer and the mods are handling it now is more than fair for everyone and I give them kudos for maintaining it in a climate that isn't very pleasant at times.

I'm sorry the fact that the board still has threads for people to discuss their displeasure in the band members and them continuing on upsets you so much. You have to accept that it will be undermined by some who feel like I do. Maybe if you'd like to have a message board that meets your satisfaction you can go create one and invite all of the likeminded people that you know and insist on only pro-3.0 posters comment or post there. I wouldn't have a problem with it.
    What I’m trying to say is a bit nuanced but I’m failing to establish my point. I feel that it’s not fair for me to say you guys should be kicked out of a thread. It’s your opinion and I cannot take that away. But I feel that the anti 3.0 lineup thread is a lot different than the concert posts. I think it prolongs the arguments. I also think that arguments for the lineup should stop on concert posts. I think the long term fix is just to let people who go to the concerts talk about them but the topic is largely dropped from both sides. I don’t want it to seem that I’m saying “shut up and forget about it”, I just feel that it’s best for the forum if the topic is less prevelant. That’s just my opinion

Default Re: An Evening with the Eagles @ Smoothie King Center in New Orleans, LA - June 20, 2

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    YOU ARE ENTITLED TO YOUR OPINION AND SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO HAVE A THREAD TO EXPRESS YOUR OPINIONS. I do not think they are good for the board to have so much negativity repeated but I DO NOT THINK YOU SHOULD “SHUT UP AND MOVE ON”. Sorry for the caps but I found it necessary to make that point clear. I merely think that if we didn’t have the thread it would be good. There isn’t a thread made specifically for pro 3.0 people to make arguments for it. These concerts thread are just discussion about the tour. The anti 3.0 group makes consistent argument points and debates against common pro 3.0 beliefs. But the pro 3.0 does not. It just talks about the concerts which is inherently pro 3.0 but it’s not argumentative. It’s just positive and happy conversation which is not any different than tour talk from HOTE, LROOE or any other tour
    I believe there is some merit to what YEF is saying here. It seems as if the pro 3.0 camp is relegated to the concert threads for discussion of the new line-up without being descended upon by the naysayers. But if we ourselves complain about something, we are taken to task for doing so in that “positive only” thread. We are told to come here for that. However,

1. Sometimes people would like to state a grievance but not engage in debate or argument about it or feel like they are being attacked; see the 3.0 and “for those who” threads.

2. Trying to discuss something here inevitably results in getting mired in the same redundant circular debates in which nothing is resolved.

3. Posting anything risks inviting the same old tired comments that have been repeated endlessly by some quarters for months. I mean, is it really necessary to post for the 500th time that these concerts are a cash grab and (shocker!) Azoff is in it for the money?

I realize by this last point I will be accused of trying to “silence” the other side. B/c the new norm seems to be that if the pro-3.0 side expresses frustration about something, we are trying to silence people. If the anti-3.0 side does it, they are “venting.”

The anti-3.0 posters now have 3 threads in which to express their anger and frustration, including this one which is now under their domination. They have two “supporters need not apply” threads in which their assertions can go unchallenged, pro-3.0 members are not allowed to defend themselves against mischaracterized posts, and the mind-reading powers of those who claim to know what the band members are thinking and feeling go unquestioned.

I am not saying we supporters of the new line-up need a thread where we can vent without being bothered by those who oppose our views. I’m just saying perhaps give us some of leeway if we do have something to say in defense of the band in the only threads where we are supposed to be insulated from name-calling and attacks—the concert threads.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    I believe there is some merit to what YEF is saying here. It seems as if the pro 3.0 camp is relegated to the concert threads for discussion of the new line-up without being descended upon by the naysayers. But if we ourselves complain about something, we are taken to task for doing so in that “positive only” thread. We are told to come here for that. However,

1. Sometimes people would like to state a grievance but not engage in debate or argument about it or feel like they are being attacked; see the 3.0 and “for those who” threads.

2. Trying to discuss something here inevitably results in getting mired in the same redundant circular debates in which nothing is resolved.

3. Posting anything risks inviting the same old tired comments that have been repeated endlessly by some quarters for months. I mean, is it really necessary to post for the 500th time that these concerts are a cash grab and (shocker!) Azoff is in it for the money?

I realize by this last point I will be accused of trying to “silence” the other side. B/c the new norm seems to be that if the pro-3.0 side expresses frustration about something, we are trying to silence people. If the anti-3.0 side does it, they are “venting.”

The anti-3.0 posters now have 3 threads in which to express their anger and frustration, including this one which is now under their domination. They have two “supporters need not apply” threads in which their assertions can go unchallenged, pro-3.0 members are not allowed to defend themselves against mischaracterized posts, and the mind-reading powers of those who claim to know what the band members are thinking and feeling go unquestioned.

I am not saying we supporters of the new line-up need a thread where we can vent without being bothered by those who oppose our views. I’m just saying perhaps give us some of leeway if we do have something to say in defense of the band in the only threads where we are supposed to be insulated from name-calling and attacks—the concert threads.
    Wow. I find this astonishing.

I had complaints from people about how they didn't like that they couldn't say anything good about the shows they were going to without controversy erupting, so I asked everyone to keep it positive so threads about the shows didn't get nasty.

Now, that's not good enough.

I said we needed to keep controversy to one thread (two now but this is essentially the only active one) so that the rest of the board wasn't overtaken by drama.

Now that's not good enough.

I asked we keep one thread for ranting (not two, one - this was split from the other). Now one thread is too many. One.

Delilah, every other thread on this board is off limits for dissing Eagles 3.0. Every. Other. Thread.

If that's not acceptable to you.... well, I don't even know what to say.

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

Quote Originally Posted by FannyBeTender View Post
    Those Who Support the Current Lineup: I understand where you are coming from too. You cannot understand all of the anger and bitterness over the current situation/band. I would never take away your feelings or opinions because they are genuine as well.

Both sides need to come to an agreement at some point. It may not happen for a few years. It may never happen. I know that. But at this point, I've had enough.

Please understand: This is NOT an attack on ANYONE. I'm simply stating my opinion from what I feel is a NEUTRAL viewpoint. If I have offended anyone, I apologize.

I wish you all well and hope you can find peace with the situation.
    Thank you for your contributions, FBT. I bolded this part b/c this is what I find ironic about this situation. The thing is, I do understand, at least to some extent. I’m a Randy fan; I know it hurts to think your favorite member has been forgotten or marginalized. Of course the circumstances are different; Randy left the band many years ago. But the end result is similar—the band going on without Glenn can be perceived to be saying he wasn’t all that important. So I do get it, at some level.

But in Glenn’s case, I simply cannot imagine anyone seriously thinking he didn’t matter. How can that be? When I go see them perform this summer, I know I will be thinking of Glenn. And I’m not the only one. When Vince or Deacon sing, it will be Glenn’s songs they will be singing, not theirs (except for Vince solo material). I will always think of them as Glenn’s songs. I still think of the WW guitar solo as Glenn’s solo. That will not change no matter what.

Stuck on the Border

My problem is that with all these instructions about what and where you can post, it's just easier to not bother and that isn't healthy for a message board. I try (but sometimes fail) to express how I feel rather than tell others how they should feel. I know I learn a lot from people who think differently but who have expressed themselves. For me, it's important to see the other side so I can try to understand. As a songwriter once wrote "You know you can't change the world, but you can change yourself". This is a fight in which there are no winners.

Stuck on the Border

Hi Delilah, I pretty much agree with most of what you said. We have been arguing about this since March 2017, when "Eagles 3.0" was first announced. This is a very emotional topic for most people and nothing will change the pro vs con people's mind. Perhaps Soda will want to create a new threat to positively discuss everything concerning this new version of the Eagles. IMHO, everyone deserves a right to say how they feel as long as they do not lodge a personal attack against someone. Most people have been great about expressing their opinion without getting nasty. I thought the concert threads were for the "pro Eagles" people to discuss their experience at a concert they attended or plan to attend. I have tried to stay out of that thread. I think most people have no objection with people expressing their support and seeing this "new " version of the Eagles I certainly do not. I hope they go and have a wonderful time. I do think it can get confusing where to post as people seem to be posting in all three threads. However, I do think Soda and Dreamer have been great about trying to keep the negative comments out of the concert thread. I guess it just comes down to everyone just being respectful to each other. Just my 2 cents......

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Wow. I find this astonishing.

I had complaints from people about how they didn't like that they couldn't say anything good about the shows they were going to without controversy erupting, so I asked everyone to keep it positive so threads about the shows didn't get nasty.

Now, that's not good enough.

I said we needed to keep controversy to one thread (two now but this is essentially the only active one) so that the rest of the board wasn't overtaken by drama.

Now that's not good enough.

I asked we keep one thread for ranting. Now one thread is too many. One.

Delilah, every other thread on this board is off limits for dissing Eagles 3.0. Every. Other. Thread.

If that's not acceptable to you.... well, I don't even know what to say.
    I’m not sure if you understood what I was trying to say. I’m not used to posting this early in the a.m. so maybe my post wasn’t clear. I’m not saying what is going on is “unacceptable.”

Anyway, never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Hi Delilah, I pretty much agree with most of what you said. We have been arguing about this since March 2017, when "Eagles 3.0" was first announced. This is a very emotional topic for most people and nothing will change the pro vs con people's mind. Perhaps Soda will want to create a new threat to positively discuss everything concerning this new version of the Eagles. IMHO, everyone deserves a right to say how they feel as long as they do not lodge a personal attack against someone. Most people have been great about expressing their opinion without getting nasty. I thought the concert threads were for the "pro Eagles" people to discuss their experience at a concert they attended or plan to attend. I have tried to stay out of that thread. I think most people have no objection with people seeing this "new " version of the Eagles I certainly do not. I hope they go and have a wonderful time. I think Soda and Dreamer have been great about trying to keep the negative comments out of the concert thread. I guess it just comes down to everyone just being respectful to each other. Just my 2 cents......
    I understand what you guys are saying about the virtues of allowing conflict in the concert threads rather than keeping them positive, but do we really want all the Pre-Concert anticipation threads to become variations of "got my ticket - hope all those people who don't like that don't get mad..." [more insults] [drama ensues].

Fanny left because she didn't like that there was conflict in a couple threads! People complain about "All the hate" when it's limited to a couple threads! Imagine if it were in every thread!

Yes, it would allow people to gripe without having to come in here, but even they would probably regret it after seeing what the board would become.

I’m not sure if you understood what I was trying to say. I’m not used to posting this early in the a.m. so maybe my post wasn’t clear. I’m not saying what is going on is “unacceptable.”
    Obviously, I did misunderstand, then. I am reading this in an airport and my plane is boarding so I won't be replying for a while!