Page 39 of 92 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about that?

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

Whatever They can share the credit and the blame. Either way it's like the boy who cried wolf too many times. Not listening or wasting my time on this. I am officially in the disgusted aisle now.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Whatever They can share the credit and the blame. Either way it's like the boy who cried wolf too many times. Not listening or wasting my time on this. I am officially in the disgusted aisle now.
    Feel how you feel. I’m entitled to feel the wronged, just like you are. I cannot make you feel the same way as me, so be it

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    Yes, 'haters' is an inflammatory term. And inflammatory terms never help.

Clearly some people have extremely negative feelings towards Eagles, e.g. a photo being labelled making someone feel 'sick', and a need to express these emotions.

How would these emotions best be described?
    Not sure what we're getting at here. I said how I felt about a picture with a band name above it, and almost everyone "expresses emotions". Why should it be described in some way? Do I need a label?
    Last edited by chaim; 03-16-2018 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Haters is an inflammatory highly offensive term and was used specifically in reference to fans who are not supportive of the new version of the Eagles.

It was not a harmless, unintentional mistake. It was deliberate name calling and made worse when faced with the inevitable push back it turned into a whole different issue in a ridiculous attempt to shift the blame away from the name callers to the way the board is operated and structured.

Second, many non supporters are long time fans who have followed the band since the early 70's when the Eagles opened for other bands/artists dreaming of the day they would be headliners. Like me. Others actually met and knew Glenn Frey like Soda/Nancy the owner/operator of this incredible website and moderators and Border members who traveled from all over the US and from overseas to attend certain concerts and events as a group in support of Glenn Frey solo concerts and with the Eagles. The feelings over the loss of Glenn and what has happened since run very deep.

Haters as you call any of us is wrong on many levels but none so egregious as allegations made in this thread that are best left not personally addressed. At least not at this time.
    Well said Dawn.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    Not sure what we're getting at here. I said how I felt about a picture with a band name above it, and almost everyone "expresses emotions". Why should it be described in some way? Do I need a label?
    Well, you're with me. I also took exception to that photo, specifically the image of Schmit standing with his arms folded. I found the body language negative & said so. I was instantly labelled bitter & out of touch with reality. I won't requote it, but what made it worse was that this was not even addressed to me personally. Putting it in the 'other' thread did not mean I was not going to see it & comment on it

All I have been trying to say is the 3.0 people are going to have to accept that the anti 3.0 people will never accept this situation. They complain they are victims. I'm afraid I disagree. The real victims are fans of Glenn Frey who miss him & have no subsitute for him.

However I believe that after two long years, fans of Glenn Frey may have something to be pleased about. I will head over there.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I can tell you what I'm a little upset about. Anything we post gets twisted. The reason why I didn't post the new photo is because I had a feeling the ones who don't like this current version is going to talk bad about the picture and I was right. Or post a video and they will come up with something to talk bad about the video or even an article. IMO that's what gets me.

What also gets me and I'm very confused about is we talked bad about Don, Joe and Timothy but when its comes to their individual boards, you're all nice and forgot that you hate them especially Don. I thought I was going to hear something negative about Timothy's fall. (side note: thank you Dreamer for putting up that get well soon thread on Timothy. I do appreciate that thread you made for us to wish well wishes for Timothy). That's what I get very confused about. That's probably the reason why we're (mainly me) on eggshells posting stuff because we know its going to get talked down in another thread.

I take stuff seriously and I do get hurt when I see negative stuff especially I'm part of that group. That's just me and I've been like that all my life. Maybe I need to stop listening or read negative stuff and not let stuff gets to me. Yes I should stay out of the negative thread, but its hard not to read when you have to click on it to say you read the thread so you will know when a new reply has been posted in another thread. I try to stay out of these arguments which IMO never stops. Anything new that pops up will always be talked down and that's why these arguments keep popping up.

Sorry, no.

I have not made ONE comment on any video that has been posted. And I have not seen any other such comments from people on my side.

Why would anyone say anything nasty about Tim's fall? Really. They haven't and it is a ridiculous suggestion that such a thing could have happened.

I don't 'hate' Don, Joe & Tim. I just don't. I have too much history with them to do that. But I have lost a huge amount of respect for them. So yet again, that word is being used.

Regarding articles & that photo, people have the right to comment on it, just as you do. I made a comment, which I stand by, for which I have now been shot down in flames. I accept that; I also believe I had every right to make the comment.

Look, I understand that you & YEF & others would like this to stop, but I take strong objection to being misrepresented in this way.
    Last edited by Freypower; 03-16-2018 at 07:13 PM.

Border Desperado

I looked at the photograph. I formed an opinion. I expressed it. It doesn't matter how many other posts I read from people who have similar or differing opinions, mine isn't going to change (and I have no desire to change anyone elses) so I don't have anything new or different to add. If others want to discuss my post it is their choice but I won't be responding. I don't ask or expect it from anyone else and I quit offering explanations or justifications for my thoughts years ago.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WKMB55 View Post
    I looked at the photograph. I formed an opinion. I expressed it. It doesn't matter how many other posts I read from people who have similar or differing opinions, mine isn't going to change (and I have no desire to change anyone elses) so I don't have anything new or different to add. If others want to discuss my post it is their choice but I won't be responding. I don't ask or expect it from anyone else and I quit offering explanations or justifications for my thoughts years ago.
    I just want you to know I had no problem with what you said about the photo. Your view is as valid as mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I just want you to know I had no problem with what you said about the photo. Your view is as valid as mine.
    Agreed.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

About the photo... I thought it was a little strange that Deacon was holding a guitar and, yes, I had a cynical thought that it was his way of claiming legitimacy but then I decided it's just his way of bringing his father into the picture.