Page 45 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about that?

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    YEF - I am a little late with this (for which I apologize) but I just wanted to let you now I accept your apology. We all will have to agree to disagree and just agree that we are all Eagles fans.
    That we are!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Banned

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

Anger occurs in the stages of grief and I believe that it is exactly what is going on here. For people that do not know, Glenn Frey's importance cannot be understated here on this site. 'The Border' was a Glenn Frey board that became an Eagles board. Now it seems to be reverting.

One thing I have to point out is the name-calling. "Haters" was not the first shot fired on this board. I remember "Remainders" and "Frauds," so there are really no innocents. (In fact, I am actually surprised that Irving Azoff hasn't been all over those "fraud" comments. You know how he loves to sue.)

Also, people are not using the phrase "IMO" hardly at all anymore but posting what they think as if it is a fact. (That used to be a rule here, I think.)

Moreover, I don't think it's fair to say to other fans "We have been fans since 1973, so we are better and know more." or "If you don't agree with REAL fans that have been on this board since it's inception, you can get out. It's our ball." <obviously paraphrasing here> That's just an ugly attitude to take. I quit the board but missed the Eagles fan camaraderie too much, so I came back. I thought that if I gave it some time, things would die down but they obviously haven't. Who knows when they will?

Finally, in trying to understand the opposition's thinking, I have had an epiphany. I am a big Allman Brothers fan. When Duane Allman died, and then Berry Oakley a year later, they did not quit and then had some of their biggest hits. Having said that, I was/am a massive Gregg Allman fan, so if what was left of the AB (only two original members left now) reformed, I would not like it a bit. I don't know how I would react. Probably in exactly the same way the deniers here are.

I love the Eagles. Can we get back to talking about them now?
    Last edited by redstorm1968; 03-19-2018 at 03:43 AM. Reason: Posted in too big of a hurry. Neatening and clarifying.

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm1968 View Post
    Anger occurs in the stages of grief and I believe that it is exactly what is going on here. For people that do not know, Glenn Frey's importance cannot be understated here on this site. 'The Border' is a Glenn Frey board that became an Eagles board. Now it seems to be reverting.

What's wrong with that?

One thing I have to point out is the name-calling. "Haters" was not the first shot fired on this board. I remember "remainders" and "frauds," so there are no innocents here. (In fact, I am surprised that Azoff has not been all over those "fraud" comments.)

Irving's got other things to do. Like counting all of his money and buying mansions. He wouldn't worry about some stranger's opinion on an Eagles fansite. It's not like I am a public figure who said it on the news or something. Also I'd like to just say that it is NOT fraud, in the legal sense where it's actually a crime. It's just that the idea of an Eagles without Glenn seems fraudulent to me.

Also, people are not using the phrase "IMO" hardly at all anymore but posting what they think as fact. That used to be a rule here, I think.

I actually agree here, sometimes you think it's already known by others that it is subjective opinion and forget the three letter acronym. But yes, that's true.

Moreover, I don't think it's fair to say to other fans "We have been fans since 1973, so we are better and know more." or "If you don't agree with REAL fans that have been on this board since it's inception, you can get out. It's our ball." <paraphrasing here) That's just ugly attitude to take. I quit the board but missed the Eagles fan camaraderie too much, so I came back. I thought that if I gave it time, things would have died down but they obviously haven't.

As Dreamer and others have said. It's an emotional issue. Either both pro AND con sides will die down the banter or it won't stop. I don't think anyone will ever get over what feels to us is unthinkable and very wrong. And I don't think the pro side is about to stop trying to argue it. Hence, it will go on. If it becomes to much, I'd just avoid these threads like this. There are positive threads here.

Finally, in trying to understand the opposition's thinking, I have had an epiphany. I am a big Allman Brothers fan. When Duane Allman died, and then Berry Oakley a year later, they did not quit and then had some of their biggest hits. Having said that, I was/am a massive Gregg Allman fan, so if what was left of the AB (only two original members left now) reformed with Betts, I would not like it a bit. I don't know how I would react.

IMO, until you are put into the situation, no one knows how they'd react. I certainly didn't when Glenn died and I just assumed the Eagles were over. When it was talked about that they were doing two shows, I knew it was only beginning and it pissed me off, point blank. I didn't know which way I'd lean until it became reality. I have personal life friends who love the fact Deacon is filling Glenn's shoes. It's a mixed bag. I'm glad you can admit you don't know how you'd react.

I love the Eagles. Can we get back to talking about them now?

Depends on which Eagles. I'd love to go back to Survivor games and fun camaraderie on the board. But as long as these threads exist (which they should IMO), it will sour some people's experience even if they avoid the threads just because they know they exist and so they overlook the good for the bad.
    See bolded points above.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

People are talking about them.

As for the age thing, I am just a few years younger than Glenn Frey was when he passed away. When I talk about being a long time fan and seeing the band when they were opening for other acts and dreaming of the day they would be the headliner - that is a nod to their incredible journey and legacy ... as well as a reminder of Glenn's infamous words of wisdom: "People don't run out of dreams. People just run out of time."

I am sorry some people appear to have a chip on their shoulder about this board and don't like or appreciate the way it is operated. There are other options.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    I am sorry some people appear to have a chip on their shoulder about this board and don't like or appreciate the way it is operated. There are other options.
    Another "get out of here" post. Not unexpected.

What I meant was that it doesn't make a person more of a fan or a better fan to have known about them from their inception. We got here as soon as we could.
    Last edited by redstorm1968; 03-19-2018 at 02:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    See bolded points above.
    I agreed with a lot of that. Especially the last part. I’d love to do some survivor games though I’m not sure what else we could that hasn’t been done yet. It’d be great if the band released something soon so we could talk about that. The HC rerelease was nice but I think would be thrilled with a HOTE dvd or the rest of the capital center concert. I think that when something that has to do with the eagles in their heyday there is less arguing than when there is little else to talk about. Let’s hope they give us something good to talk about

Banned

Thank you for your civil reply, WalshFan88. I believe that there are no winners when we fans don't get along. I'd like to get back to that, if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    I agreed with a lot of that. Especially the last part. I’d love to do some survivor games though I’m not sure what else we could that hasn’t been done yet. It’d be great if the band released something soon so we could talk about that. The HC rerelease was nice but I think would be thrilled with a HOTE dvd or the rest of the capital center concert. I think that when something that has to do with the eagles in their heyday there is less arguing than when there is little else to talk about. Let’s hope they give us something good to talk about
    This (the bolded part)....this would definitely help, I think. And if not, it's something to talk about in other threads. I think the Eagles in their heyday is something we all can appreciate regardless of our position on them continuing.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm1968 View Post
    Another "get out of here" post. Not unexpected.

What I meant was that it doesn't make a person more of a fan or a better fan to have know about them from their inception. We got here as soon as we could.
    No one is claiming they are more of a fan or a better fan.

As for the suggestion that you have other options - there are other threads you can participate in as well as other fan sites you can join if you choose not to stay.

There is a whole tour to talk about. 50 plus play dates. I really don't see what the problem is.