Page 51 of 92 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about that?

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post

So, you can’t have it both ways
    Dreamer, I can see how you think that I'm trying to have it both ways, but I assure you that I intentionally did not defend or mention EIK or his/her posts - I was leaving that to the mods. I was not remotely defending the manner of speaking. With regard to EIK - you had immediately jumped in and said to leave it, the mods would handle. Once I saw the posts had moved out of the 3.0 thread, I stepped in to highlight that the post that started the long and extremely vitriolic stream of posts (including EIKs') was, ironically, exactly the type that you and I had just talked about, and that these are the types of posts where members should make it clear that it is their own opinion. Full stop. That was the limit of my input. I left EIK out completely, but I can tell you that I do think EIK was too aggressive in the posts, but that was a separate issue that wasn't part of the point I was trying to make. I didn't reference any of the replies until the "health" replies came close together at the end.

Regarding foaming at the mouth and stroke, I just found it really strange that we had multiple posts in that "health" vein - it was startling and not something I've seen before, and I was hoping to cut off that entire thought process. Who on here needs that? Soda deleted hers.

ETA: I do see that by calling out certain members' posts in the thread it appeared that I implicitly condoned all of the others. That is not the case, my intent was to remain silent regarding all of the replies, which I did in my first (main) post. I was thrown by the health-related suggestions and added that post as an afterthought.
    Last edited by MaryCalifornia; 03-21-2018 at 05:47 PM.

Banned

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

I would love to clear the air. Let's do that. Glenn Frey is a much better front man than Don Henley. Don doesn't like being out front, and it is clear by how much Don nervously strums his guitar every time he addresses the audience. Glenn had it down to a science, a total natural at being the spokesman, emcee and prime entertainer.

Comparisons between the two are fine. Comparing something when there is no comparison becomes frustrating. Don and Glenn are different people. Don will do things Glenn doesn't do, not because he doesn't respect the way Glenn did them, but simply because he's not the same person. Glenn did things differently than Don, which is great. Their opposite personalities, mannerisms and styles blended perfectly.

I do not, FP, believe you are a liar. I believe that dishonest, misinformed arguments have been made, but I already said that. My wife says, "You're acting stupid," but not "you're stupid" and I think that's an important distinction. Also, that's not me calling you stupid. Just that people can exhibit traits that don't define them. Myself included.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

MC - Thanks for your clarification. I did take it that you were condemning only one side of those who were posting last night so I'm glad that wasn't the case and appreciate you clearing that up for us.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Border Desperado

My opinion is that if you make a comment to someone either in person or an online board and that comment contains criticism and/or negativity about an individual, group...etc. then you should expect to receive some replies with opposing views. That's life and you knew it would happen even before you shared your thoughts. You made your choice so now deal with the consequences. However, no one should have to tolerate immature name calling or belittling.

I hear a lot of comments on tv and read a lot of comments in newspapers and online about people's "rights to make whatever choices they want" , but very rarely do they comment that those choices have consequences which they must/will accept. (growing up I tried to make excuses for my actions on a regular basis and I will always be grateful that my parents never tolerated that)

I enjoy reading the thoughts posted on all the subjects here.....even the ones I disagree with. I find the large variety of opinions to be fascinating and they help me to see things I hadn't considered.

Well said.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by WKMB55 View Post
    My opinion is that if you make a comment to someone either in person or an online board and that comment contains criticism and/or negativity about an individual, group...etc. then you should expect to receive some replies with opposing views. That's life and you knew it would happen even before you shared your thoughts. You made your choice so now deal with the consequences. However, no one should have to tolerate immature name calling or belittling.

I hear a lot of comments on tv and read a lot of comments in newspapers and online about people's "rights to make whatever choices they want" , but very rarely do they comment that those choices have consequences which they must/will accept. (growing up I tried to make excuses for my actions on a regular basis and I will always be grateful that my parents never tolerated that)

I enjoy reading the thoughts posted on all the subjects here.....even the ones I disagree with. I find the large variety of opinions to be fascinating and they help me to see things I hadn't considered.
    I agree with Dawn - well said WKMB. I especially like the part I bolded. I, too, am grateful that I had parents that held me accountable for my actions and made me take responsibility for my mistakes when I was growing up. I didn't much care for it at the time, but I sure feel lucky now. I didn't think think my dearly departed parents were very smart back then because I knew everything. But, fortunately, I saw the light and got to thank them for all of their wisdom while they were still here. As my Pop used to say 'The dumbest people in the world are the ones that act like they know everything".

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Banned

Well, yeah, when they're acting.

TimBFan - Hey there, got a little side tracked, my apologies for the delay in saying ** THANK YOU ** for your reply to my question. Dawn

I don't care for the styling at all in the publicity photo - not sure what image the brand is trying to project or who their target consumer is.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    I don't care for the styling at all in the publicity photo - not sure what image the brand is trying to project or who their target consumer is.
    It's a picture. Of the band. That's it. Their "target consumer" has already been captured, which is why they're selling out NBA arenas. Nobody has decided to attend or not attend an Eagles concert based on a photo that many of them probably haven't even seen. Re. Lax.