Page 6 of 92 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 920

Thread: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about that?

  1. #51
    Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Leicester, UK
    Posts
    3,384

    Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year!!

    I don't think I'll get to see them as like others they are unlikely to come here and even if they did, it would be London with travel and accommodation costs, and with a huge ticket price.

    However, I do hope that they film some concerts, and release a blu-ray. I think it would be nice touch to document this stage of Eagles.

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    116

    Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year!!

    I take offense to the idea that the people who attend these concerts feel as if Glenn is replaceable and that anyone can sing his songs. Even though the band is going by "Eagles" for obvious reasons, this is not an Eagles concert. It is as close as anything could possibly come, but it's not that. Eagles concerts had Glenn's jokes and his band introductions and the dueling guitars between Joe and Glenn and a frontman and a master of ceremonies and a narrator and...Glenn.

    It's ridiculous to argue that those of us who are participating in this are under some illusion that it's the same or that the differences aren't noticeable and palpable. I, personally, could take or leave Vince Gill. He happens to be an awesome singer and musician, and I do love his version of "Take it to the Limit." But for most of his songs, I'm waiting for the next Don, Joe, Tim or Deacon song.

    Deacon, by the way, is great. He takes it seriously and he wants to do well and it's clear that it means a lot for him to honor his father. Through his social media posts, it doesn't appear he's most interested in performing rock music for the rest of his life. But he's doing this for his dad and for his other "extended family" members in the band, and I'll never have anything approaching a negative word to say about him.

    My position is that if you never saw the Eagles with Glenn and you attend one of these concerts, you can't really say you saw the Eagles. I happened to attend 30 Eagles concerts with Glenn, and I'm continuing to count the shows I've seen and will see without him as part of the total. But I'm not delusional. These shows happen to be really awesome, but it's not the same.

    Nobody can be Glenn. Only Glenn is Glenn. Please give me and the others continuing to support the band credit for understanding that. Not a single person on this board has said they prefer this version of the band. We're going because we like it, not because it's better or in a show of disrespect to the man who made it possible in the first place.

  3. #53
    Stuck on the Border shunlvswx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Jackson, MS
    Posts
    5,329

    Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year!!

    Quote Originally Posted by EagleInKansas View Post
    I take offense to the idea that the people who attend these concerts feel as if Glenn is replaceable and that anyone can sing his songs. Even though the band is going by "Eagles" for obvious reasons, this is not an Eagles concert. It is as close as anything could possibly come, but it's not that. Eagles concerts had Glenn's jokes and his band introductions and the dueling guitars between Joe and Glenn and a frontman and a master of ceremonies and a narrator and...Glenn.

    It's ridiculous to argue that those of us who are participating in this are under some illusion that it's the same or that the differences aren't noticeable and palpable. I, personally, could take or leave Vince Gill. He happens to be an awesome singer and musician, and I do love his version of "Take it to the Limit." But for most of his songs, I'm waiting for the next Don, Joe, Tim or Deacon song.

    Deacon, by the way, is great. He takes it seriously and he wants to do well and it's clear that it means a lot for him to honor his father. Through his social media posts, it doesn't appear he's most interested in performing rock music for the rest of his life. But he's doing this for his dad and for his other "extended family" members in the band, and I'll never have anything approaching a negative word to say about him.

    My position is that if you never saw the Eagles with Glenn and you attend one of these concerts, you can't really say you saw the Eagles. I happened to attend 30 Eagles concerts with Glenn, and I'm continuing to count the shows I've seen and will see without him as part of the total. But I'm not delusional. These shows happen to be really awesome, but it's not the same.

    Nobody can be Glenn. Only Glenn is Glenn. Please give me and the others continuing to support the band credit for understanding that. Not a single person on this board has said they prefer this version of the band. We're going because we like it, not because it's better or in a show of disrespect to the man who made it possible in the first place.
    Thank you for saying this, EIK. I've been thinking about this for a long time, but I decided to not say anything because everybody always jumping down our backs for wanted to see this version or in your words think we are delusional without knowing the difference or its not the same. Or they think we always jumping down their backs for not wanting to see them. Again double standard on both sides.

    I stayed quiet about this subject and I've definitely been quiet about seeing them for the first time. Its my decision and I probably not going to give a recap on my first show either. I'm going to keep it that way because I don't want to continue to disrespect those who don't like this version even though I think I've never done that.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 02-26-2018 at 12:17 PM.

    Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

    I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

  4. #54
    Border Rebel travlnman2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Connecticut USA
    Posts
    785

    Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year!!

    Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Thank you for saying this, EIK. I've been thinking this for a long time, but I decided to not say anything because everybody always jumping down our backs for wanted to see this version or in your words think we are delusional without knowing the difference or its not the same. I stayed quiet about this subject and I've definitely been quiet about seeing them for the first time. I'm going to keep it that way because I don't want to continue to disrespect those who don't like this version even though I think I've never done that.
    This^^. I completely feel as though we are being insulted because we like this version.

    Also when I am seeing this band I am seei g the Eagles. No one else except Don Henley and the Frey family can say that i didnít see the Eagles. Its really starting to feel like I can't call this band the Eagles because some people don't like it.

  5. #55
    Border Rebel travlnman2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Connecticut USA
    Posts
    785

    Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year!!

    Quote Originally Posted by EagleInKansas View Post
    I take offense to the idea that the people who attend these concerts feel as if Glenn is replaceable and that anyone can sing his songs. Even though the band is going by "Eagles" for obvious reasons, this is not an Eagles concert. It is as close as anything could possibly come, but it's not that. Eagles concerts had Glenn's jokes and his band introductions and the dueling guitars between Joe and Glenn and a frontman and a master of ceremonies and a narrator and...Glenn.

    It's ridiculous to argue that those of us who are participating in this are under some illusion that it's the same or that the differences aren't noticeable and palpable. I, personally, could take or leave Vince Gill. He happens to be an awesome singer and musician, and I do love his version of "Take it to the Limit." But for most of his songs, I'm waiting for the next Don, Joe, Tim or Deacon song.

    Deacon, by the way, is great. He takes it seriously and he wants to do well and it's clear that it means a lot for him to honor his father. Through his social media posts, it doesn't appear he's most interested in performing rock music for the rest of his life. But he's doing this for his dad and for his other "extended family" members in the band, and I'll never have anything approaching a negative word to say about him.

    My position is that if you never saw the Eagles with Glenn and you attend one of these concerts, you can't really say you saw the Eagles. I happened to attend 30 Eagles concerts with Glenn, and I'm continuing to count the shows I've seen and will see without him as part of the total. But I'm not delusional. These shows happen to be really awesome, but it's not the same.

    Nobody can be Glenn. Only Glenn is Glenn. Please give me and the others continuing to support the band credit for understanding that. Not a single person on this board has said they prefer this version of the band. We're going because we like it, not because it's better or in a show of disrespect to the man who made it possible in the first place.
    In your opinion maybe.

    But in reality it is an Eagles concert! You can argue that the years without Felder weren't the Eagles, Same without Randy/Bernie. People saying I did not see the Eagles can't tell me what I saw and it ruins the experience for me because I am being told what I saw is not what is on my ticket.

    I am going to see the Eagles and that is what I am getting.

  6. #56
    Administrator sodascouts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Where Faulkner collides with Elvis
    Posts
    33,059

    Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year!!

    Quote Originally Posted by EagleInKansas View Post
    It's ridiculous to argue that those of us who are participating in this are under some illusion that it's the same or that the differences aren't noticeable and palpable.
    I never said you thought it was better, or that you couldn't tell it was different. That would indeed be ridiculous.

    I don't appreciate the strawman version of my argument, which has already been echoed by two members instead of what I actually said (which I notice you didn't actually quote).

    Here is what I actually said (where "they" refers to people attending the concerts):

    Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    However, on a musical level, they do not believe his absence matters enough to call the band to a halt. Another voice will do.
    And that is true.

    If you did not believe this, you would not be OK with the existence of "this version of the band" calling itself the Eagles regardless of the fact that it's lesser, or what you call it in your head despite what the marquee says in order to justify it to yourself.

    Shun, travlnman2, please note my actual words, and address them if you want.

    But why would you want to? It is your right to feel that way. You want to call this a "version", fine.... but you can't have it both ways.

    Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

  7. #57
    Stuck on the Border
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,746

    Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year!!

    People do have a right to call them the Eagles, because that's what they're called, even though some of us have a problem with the name. (referring to Tralvnman2's post)

  8. #58
    Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA
    Posts
    18,624

    Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year!!

    Ah - Looks like we've come full circle once again. I think it's been repeated ad nauseum - go see this band if you like and enjoy yourself even though most everyone acknowledges that this version of the band is not the same band you saw when Glenn was alive.

    And it all boils down to this simple objection - since it's not the same band, they should not legitimately be representing themselves as the 'Eagles'. It is wrong because they are no longer that. If they called themselves something else, most of us would probably be okay with that even if we didn't want to go to a show.

    "People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

  9. #59
    Border Rebel travlnman2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Connecticut USA
    Posts
    785

    Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Ah - Looks like we've come full circle once again. I think it's been repeated ad nauseum - go see this band if you like and enjoy yourself even though most everyone acknowledges that this version of the band is not the same band you saw when Glenn was alive.

    And it all boils down to this simple objection - since it's not the same band, they should not legitimately be representing themselves as the 'Eagles'. It is wrong because they are no longer that. If they called themselves something else, most of us would probably be okay with that even if we didn't want to go to a show.

    Thing is we get it you donít like them calling themselves the Eagles.

    But stop trying to ruin OTHER peoples experiences by telling them they did not see the Eagles. People have issues we get it. I donít like it when people TELL ME what I saw is not the Eagles. Its diffrent everyone knows that. But stop telling people they are seeing a tribute band. How is that difficult?.

    What I am gettting is that you guys are telling us what the band is because you saw the band with Glenn. It feels like you decided what people are seeing and that only people who object to the band continuing get to have an opinon.

    It feels like we are being talked down to.


    Its always people who object to the resumption. Keep getting the circle starting again and complain when the thread blows up. People who are going to the shows donít try and blowing up threads and play victim.

    It is EVERY SINGAL SHOW thread this debate gets renewed and shut down by only one group. The objectors. Why can't we just get along. I don't mind if people object it is their right. But it is the people who object that have a problem with people wanting to see the Eagles that can't let it go.

    I can let it go but can you?
    Last edited by travlnman2; 02-26-2018 at 01:58 PM.

  10. #60
    Stuck on the Border Dawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Walking in Memphis ...
    Posts
    1,661

    Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year!!

    FACT: Without Glenn Frey in the lineup this is not nor can it ever be the same band that's been touring as the Eagles for the past 24 years.


    "Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •