Page 64 of 92 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about that?

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    It probably is a Brain Dead horse. Gonna call the corner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8X76NRiQLQ

I made my thoughts and moved on. No reasons in getting worked up for me.
    That horse is very much still alive, including in his brain activity. He is smart and knows what's right and what's wrong!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    That horse is very much still alive, including in his brain activity. He is smart and knows what's right and what's wrong!
    Then he should be getting the hell out of here

Then he should be getting the hell out of here
    No, he's right here in this and another thread standing up against what is wrong and preaching for what's right.

ETA: I'm not the horse btw. The "dead horse" is those of us against the Eagles going forward and voicing our opinions on it as a collective. I wanted to have some semi-lighthearted banter with TM2. But the statement still applies. We are still here and aren't going anywhere. I will always stand up against this lineup.
    Last edited by WalshFan88; 04-01-2018 at 08:44 PM.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    No, he's right here in this and another thread standing up against what is wrong and preaching for what's right.

ETA: I'm not the horse btw. The "dead horse" is those of us against the Eagles going forward and voicing our opinions on it as a collective. I wanted to have some semi-lighthearted banter with TM2. But the statement still applies. We are still here and aren't going anywhere. I will always stand up against this lineup.
    I was talking about the thread in general not any particular group .

I was talking about the thread in general not any particular group .
    I figured. I just associate the horse I was talking about with our team. That's all.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia
    I just can't believe the entitlement of fans who are angry that there hasn't been a public memorial for Glenn, and using this fact, over and over, year after year, to justify their disapproval of the Eagles' activities. You are angry because Cindy has not held something for YOU. YOU think that the Frey family OWES it to YOU. It's not enough for you to listen to his music or watch videos or interviews, you demand a public memorial service or you are not square with Cindy.

If Cindy requested something more be done to honor Glenn, a big concert, it would be done in a second. The fact that you feel free to criticize her and her handling of Glenn's passing and that she hasn't done something for the fans just blows me away. Shame on you.

And oh yeah, like the guys are going to stop a show and do some five minute tribute to Glenn every night on tour more than two years after he has died. This isn't how normal people behave in the workplace. Would you have them do this 3 years after, 4 years after, 5 years after? YOU know he founded the band and wrote and sang the songs. Why do you need public validation, night after night, from the guys? They know it, everyone knows it! And if certain fans at a show don't know it, then who cares, they're there to enjoy the music. Do you really think he has been forgotten by his bandmates and family members ???? This is crazy talk.
    MC, you used to be the person who posted about the importance of sensitivity. Now you are the person who posted some of the ugliest unsubstantiated accusations against a group of people in the entirety of this 64 page thread.

Congratulations on your new accolade.

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer
    But, please do NOT tell me or others how we feel or what our motivations and intentions are. Speaking for myself, obviously, you do not have a clue.
    Amen.

No, my posts aren't "crazy talk" and I don't think I should be ashamed of them. No, I'm not motivated by a need for validation. No, I don't actually think it's Cindy's fault nor did I ever say so and I don't think anyone else did either, unless I missed something.

Redstorm complained about her treatment... maybe she should check out MaryCalifornia's technique to see what trying to making people feel sh***y really looks like.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

While it's true we can't know what's in the hearts and minds of Glenn's family, former bandmates and manager, we know from Glenn's own words and actions just how much he valued and appreciated fans.

"Every time I saw him in the last 10, 11 years, he was so grateful to the fans," Seger said of Frey. "The first thing he'd say to me -- normally he'd start with a joke or something -- but then he'd say to me, 'Isn't it amazing, Bob, we're still doing this at our age? I am so grateful that these fans keep coming out.' And he meant it, every word. He was definitely sincere."

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

I just thought of something. MC, did you think I was criticizing Cindy in my response to Delilah in post 577? Is that what set you off? I do not literally think Cindy said that, or anything like that. Quite the opposite.

My "quote" was a rhetorical device. I was trying to counter Delilah's argument that Cindy would not want a tribute because she had too much on her mind by making it into a piece of dialogue that I hoped would sound absurd.

The idea was that everyone would recognize that Cindy would NOT say that, so it would refute Delilah's premise that Cindy would not want a tribute because she had other priorities.

That's why I preceded it, as well as another piece of made-up absurd dialogue designed to refute a second premise, by saying I found the scenario "doubtful." (That was also supposed to be rhetorical understatement.)

At least, that was what I was going for. Seems like it was a big fail if people were taking it seriously.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

I want to post that this talk of "team" bothers me. It's not a competition or a battle and just because someone feels the same as you on one issue, doesn't mean they agree on others and vice versa.

When it comes to a tribute, perhaps it's telling that both Bob Seger and Jack Tempchin felt a need to release their own tribute albums.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I want to post that this talk of "team" bothers me. It's not a competition or a battle and just because someone feels the same as you on one issue, doesn't mean they agree on others and vice versa.

When it comes to a tribute, perhaps it's telling that both Bob Seger and Jack Tempchin felt a need to release their own tribute albums.
    You are absolutely right about "teams". Don't worry. I mention the word team now and then, but I try to remember to write "team", not team. When I do that kind of stuff, it's tongue-in-cheek, not serious. It's more about making fun of us all (on both sides of the Glenn Frey/Eagles argument) than trying to separate us. I used the H-word in a tongue-in-cheek way too, but it was a mistake.

EDIT:

I think I'll stop using the word "team" since the tone behind it doesn't come through in writing.
    Last edited by chaim; 04-02-2018 at 06:29 AM.