Page 65 of 92 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about that?

Border Desperado

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

I think Seger and Tempchin did what they felt they had to do to honor Glenn and help themselves heal. I honestly don't think it had anything to do with wanting to increase the sale of or the profits from those albums. I think they genuinely loved and respected Glenn. Schmit also dedicated his Leap Of Faith album to Glenn.

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

Has anyone said otherwise about Seger and Tempchin, if so I am not aware of this.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I just thought of something. MC, did you think I was criticizing Cindy in my response to Delilah in post 577? Is that what set you off? I do not literally think Cindy said that, or anything like that. Quite the opposite.

My "quote" was a rhetorical device. I was trying to counter Delilah's argument that Cindy would not want a tribute because she had too much on her mind by making it into a piece of dialogue that I hoped would sound absurd.

The idea was that everyone would recognize that Cindy would NOT say that, so it would refute Delilah's premise that Cindy would not want a tribute because she had other priorities.

That's why I preceded it, as well as another piece of made-up absurd dialogue designed to refute a second premise, by saying I found the scenario "doubtful." (That was also supposed to be rhetorical understatement.)

At least, that was what I was going for. Seems like it was a big fail if people were taking it seriously.
    I reread your post and personally think it's clear you were not criticizing Cindy Frey.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    I reread your post and personally think it's clear you were not criticizing Cindy Frey.
    There's no way the post can be read that way, unless one really really tries to. MC must have referred to something else.

Border Desperado

DAWN----maybe not on this sight. It has been inferred several times elsewhere and one radio host I was listening to in the car while traveling even said he wondered about that possibility. There's always someone looking for the "ulterior motive" in every situation and sometimes there just isn't one........

Ok, thanks for the clarification WKMB55 - Dawn

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Everyone - I apologize unreservedly. It was late and I was tired and obviously very crabby.

I was seeing over and over again what the guys should be doing, what the family should be doing, what they're doing wrong and not doing right. I am very sensitive to the bereaved when a spouse or someone close dies and others are telling them what to do or criticizing what they have failed to do. That is my only objection, and obviously I did an awful job of conveying it.

My dad died many years ago - I think we have all lost someone close to us. The thought of strangers telling my mom that she should be doing more, bigger, public...its awful. No, my dad was not famous, but Glenn's family sees him as a husband and father, not as a public figure, just like my mom and I see my dad and you all feel about your loved ones when they pass. This is the thought process I wanted to convey and I went overboard and was unnecessarily nasty.

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea culpa.

Stuck on the Border

Apology accepted by me.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Thanks UTW, but I totally understand if others aren't quick to accept my apology. It's not OK to act bad and then think you can get away with it simply by saying sorry.

I think there is such a totally fundamental misunderstanding and misinterpretation between myself and other posters of what is going on here that from my side, as more time passes it is only getting worse, not better.

Border Desperado

MaryCalifornia----I totally understand your personal feelings. My husband passed unexpectedly 17 years ago when he was 52 so I became a widow at 45. As you said, everyone has lost someone close and even though most are not famous, the loss is a very personal, private matter to the family. My husband and I had talked in general about what we did and didn't want plus when you spend all of those years together (27 for us) you know a lot about how your spouse feels. There were people who did not agree with some of the decisions they thought I made, not knowing they were really his. He loved his extended family, friends and co-workers but when it came right down to it the love, protection and welfare of his wife and child came first.....way ahead of anyone else. I did not feel the need to explain my decisions in the hopes of gaining approval. Honestly, what was I going to do place the blame or point the finger at my deceased husband and tell everyone they were his decisions? Our love and loyality to each other would never permit that. Unless you have been in the situation or are an immediate family member to the specific person you cannot assume you know anything. Even though I have been in that situation, I still don't presume to know anything about someone else in the same situation. Apology accepted although I was never offended.