Page 66 of 92 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about that?

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    Everyone - I apologize unreservedly. It was late and I was tired and obviously very crabby.

I was seeing over and over again what the guys should be doing, what the family should be doing, what they're doing wrong and not doing right. I am very sensitive to the bereaved when a spouse or someone close dies and others are telling them what to do or criticizing what they have failed to do. That is my only objection, and obviously I did an awful job of conveying it.

My dad died many years ago - I think we have all lost someone close to us. The thought of strangers telling my mom that she should be doing more, bigger, public...its awful. No, my dad was not famous, but Glenn's family sees him as a husband and father, not as a public figure, just like my mom and I see my dad and you all feel about your loved ones when they pass. This is the thought process I wanted to convey and I went overboard and was unnecessarily nasty.

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea culpa.
    Apology accepted. At least for me, it's not a question of telling Cindy she should have done more, it's just a feeling that Glenn didn't get his due and without that, there's no closure. I felt similarly when my grandfather passed away. My family is scattered all over and as a result, most of my relatives couldn't travel and his funeral had very low attendance. I remember looking around and thinking, "This is it? This is all he gets?" I was very close to my grandfather and I thought he deserved more. As time passed, I got over that, but it did take years. Grief takes time and people grieve in different ways.

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

I don't need or want an apology. I am tired of the meanspirited, nasty downright vicious personal attacks that are so far over the top I can only SMH and hit the ignore button. Fans who don't support the current lineup and would like to see a tribute for Glenn Frey have nothing to apologize for nevermind feel ashamed of.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Border Desperado longtimeeaglesfan's Avatar

Although I disagree with some of the opinions on here, we all have an appreciation of the band and its members past and present. For me, at the end of the day, it is about the music. I am thankful that that the current lineup allows me to able to attend and listen to Eagles' music live with the best presentation currently possible and I don't let whatever they chose to call the lineup deter me from that enjoyment. I'm satisfied that those close to Glenn have done what they felt is appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I want to post that this talk of "team" bothers me. It's not a competition or a battle and just because someone feels the same as you on one issue, doesn't mean they agree on others and vice versa.

When it comes to a tribute, perhaps it's telling that both Bob Seger and Jack Tempchin felt a need to release their own tribute albums.
    I agree, to an extent.

I feel iike there are two sides. It shouldn't be a battle but it sure seems like one to me. Not a competition but I think those of us against it are on a side and those for it are on a side and I feel like it's ok to fight your corner and not try to be silenced by the opposing side. It's not like competitive sports teams, but I do think there is two sides that are both outspoken. I will stick up for what I feel is right and stand against what I feel is wrong. I think everyone is doing that. I think the more the pro side tries to attack us the stronger we get. That's ok IMO.

Team isn't the right word, but there are definitely two groups of people here.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

I discussed this already, but..."Team" is indeed not the right word if we want to be serious (I wasn't). How about (political) "party"?

Border Desperado

Unless a comment is addressed to me specifically, I don't take anyone elses thoughts or opinions as a personal attack. Like or don't like the current line up, approve or disapprove of the current tour, think Glenn did or didn't get a proper tribute.......everyone has their own feelings. I don't feel the need to defend my choices or sometimes even express them or do battle with those who have an opposing view. I guess I don't understand why anyone else does either. Surely everyone here understands that when you share your thoughts and feelings on a public forum there are going to be those who will express opposition, hopefully in a respectful manner.

Quote Originally Posted by WKMB55 View Post
    Unless a comment is addressed to me specifically, I don't take anyone elses thoughts or opinions as a personal attack. Like or don't like the current line up, approve or disapprove of the current tour, think Glenn did or didn't get a proper tribute.......everyone has their own feelings. I don't feel the need to defend my choices or sometimes even express them or do battle with those who have an opposing view. I guess I don't understand why anyone else does either. Surely everyone here understands that when you share your thoughts and feelings on a public forum there are going to be those who will express opposition, hopefully in a respectful manner.
    Agree to disagree WKMB.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

Do you mean that "shame on you" and "that's crazy talk" were not personal attacks? MC apologized, so it's fine now, but those were personal attacks. You don't have to call someone by name or quote someone's post to make it an "attack", if the content of your post makes it clear who you're talking to.

Border Desperado

As in the past, I thought about my post before I made it. I expressed what I felt. I have nothing I wish to add or change.

Chaim--I hadn't said anything crazy or done anything shameful so why would MC be talking to me?

Stuck on the Border

As in the past, I thought about my post before I made it. I expressed what I felt. I have nothing I wish to add or change.

Chaim--I hadn't said anything crazy or done anything shameful so why would MC be talking to me?
    What do you mean talking about you? This isn't about you.