Page 71 of 92 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about that?

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

Henley sang PEF last year, didn't he? In his solo concerts?

Ah, good to know at least he's still acknowledged a lot during a show! It would be the least to do.

I want to make it clear that my question wasn't a sarcastic comment, it was a legit question cos I didn't know
    "Broken hearts can't call the cops. Yeah, it's the perfect crime."

Border Desperado longtimeeaglesfan's Avatar

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

Quote Originally Posted by luciknight View Post
    He didn't on the two occasions I saw him but it does look like he included it in five of his June 2017 concerts.

Quote Originally Posted by longtimeeaglesfan View Post
    He didn't on the two occasions I saw him but it does look like he included it in five of his June 2017 concerts.
    Yes, I've been looking everywhere for these concerts. Something new, Henley singing PEF... must be awesome ^^

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by longtimeeaglesfan View Post
    Don mentions that he and Glenn were living together in Laurel Canyon when they wrote their first #1 hit, Best of My Love. Vince has mentioned Glenn in the concerts before launching into some of his songs.

Last year in their solo shows, Don would dedicate Desperado to Glenn, Timothy would sing Peaceful Easy feeling and dedicate it to Glenn and Joe would sing and dedicate Take it to the Limit to Glenn. J.D. Souther also spoke about Glenn during his solo shows. Since his death, I haven't attended a concert connected with the Eagles that he wasn't recognized in some manner.
    Don did sing PEF last spring when I saw him in Boston. He sang it after Desperado, prefacing it with "This one's for Glenn." Sounded very good and the harmonies were excellent.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Ah, good to know at least he's still acknowledged a lot during a show! It would be the least to do.

I want to make it clear that my question wasn't a sarcastic comment, it was a legit question cos I didn't know
    Well luci – I have a different take on this. What ltef’s posts referred to is all of the past solo shows and band concerts since Glenn’s passing. I have no qualms with the dedications that Don, Joe, and Timothy did for Glenn in their shows and feel that they were heartfelt and entirely appropriate for solo shows. However. my posts have been referring to what they are currently doing on this particular tour. I know some sincerely believe the band is already honoring Glenn and I respect that. However, my understanding is that the only time Glenn is currently recognized is by Deacon’s intro of PEF that it is a song his dad used to sing, and then after the song, a picture of Glenn appears on the jumbotron for several seconds. There is not even a dedication. Now, I haven’t heard mention of anything else except for a couple of the posts above, and I haven’t been to any shows, so I would appreciate if someone could correct me if I’m wrong. It is certainly not my intention to misrepresent anything. But, even if there is another mention or two, I believe the level of recognition is very disproportionate to Glenn’s enormous contributions to this band. Plain and simple. And I want to make it clear that while I am not seething in anger, I am terribly disappointed.

I guess what I don’t get is that folks can support this current version of the band and still not oppose the idea of them doing more to honor Glenn’s contributions. I don’t see these as being mutually exclusive. So, why the objection to them improving their presentation to honor the band’s founder, leader, and half of its principle singing and songwriting duo? It certainly doesn’t hurt anything, it would likely be very appreciated by the audience, and may even help assuage some of the perceptions that the band is being insensitive and disrespectful of Glenn’s memory.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    redstorm, who has a series of these kinds of posts recently, has a history of criticizing how this board is administered and moderated. She’s been doing it for years under various identities.
    Multiple user IDs are against the Terms of Service. It's dishonest to post under more than one user name. It's a bannable offense.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

The biggest problem here is that in this thread we are supposed to be debating whether or not we approve of what the band is doing since Glenn's passing. We all have different thoughts about this, otherwise we wouldn't be debating. There are many pages in this thread where there have been very civil exchanges of ideas, even though there is disagreement. However, there are also many pages, especially lately, where people aren't coming here to debate the band's actions - instead they come here for the sole purpose of attacking fellow members and this is UNACCEPTABLE.
    Here's an idea. If your post is talking about what the "Eagles" and co. should or should not do, go ahead.

If your post is about what another member of the forum should or should not do / think / feel, refrain from hitting "submit reply".

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Well luci – I have a different take on this. What ltef’s posts referred to is all of the past solo shows and band concerts since Glenn’s passing. I have no qualms with the dedications that Don, Joe, and Timothy did for Glenn in their shows and feel that they were heartfelt and entirely appropriate for solo shows. However. my posts have been referring to what they are currently doing on this particular tour. I know some sincerely believe the band is already honoring Glenn and I respect that. However, my understanding is that the only time Glenn is currently recognized is by Deacon’s intro of PEF that it is a song his dad used to sing, and then after the song, a picture of Glenn appears on the jumbotron for several seconds. There is not even a dedication. Now, I haven’t heard mention of anything else except for a couple of the posts above, and I haven’t been to any shows, so I would appreciate if someone could correct me if I’m wrong. It is certainly not my intention to misrepresent anything. But, even if there is another mention or two, I believe the level of recognition is very disproportionate to Glenn’s enormous contributions to this band. Plain and simple. And I want to make it clear that while I am not seething in anger, I am terribly disappointed.

I guess what I don’t get is that folks can support this current version of the band and still not oppose the idea of them doing more to honor Glenn’s contributions. I don’t see these as being mutually exclusive. So, why the objection to them improving their presentation to honor the band’s founder, leader, and half of its principle singing and songwriting duo? It certainly doesn’t hurt anything, it would likely be very appreciated by the audience, and may even help assuage some of the perceptions that the band is being insensitive and disrespectful of Glenn’s memory.
    I totally understand what you mean.
    I completely agree when you say "But, even if there is another mention or two, I believe the level of recognition is very disproportionate to Glenn’s enormous contributions to this band. Plain and simple. "
    That's exactly what I think.
    Disappointment is the right word here.

I wonder if Henley was the one who had passed, what Glenn would do? Would he go on with the Eagles? Would he make every show a honor in Henley's memory?
    It's just... idk. The feeling that they could be doing a bit more doesn't leave.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I wonder if Henley was the one who had passed, what Glenn would do? Would he go on with the Eagles? Would he make every show a honor in Henley's memory?
    This question has been debated over and over in the last year. We may never know, but there is some discussion about this on pages 5 - 10 in this thread. And it was brought up again just recently - probably with the last 20 pages or so. Additional discussion is here if you really are interested. You can judge for yourself.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I just have a feeling the band was more likely to go on without Glenn than without don. I feel that replacing Glenn in the lineup was just easier than replacing don. There were more obvious candidates for Glenn. I don’t think Glenn would have continued but I wouldn’t have minded at all if he did. But it is what it is