Page 80 of 92 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about that?

Out on the Border

Default Re: I like this site, but......

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post

If one chooses to venture onto a message board and post, one should take the trouble to inform oneself as to the nature of the threads. This is true regardless of who runs it.

You have found the time to write some of the lengthiest posts in the history of this board. Find time to educate yourself on the threads.
    Easier said than done. A similar statement was made to me at one point and when I tried to explain why it wasn't that simple, I was basically told, "Yes it is." That's not only untrue but unfair. (There are what, thousands of topics?)

As for two specific examples, the title of the anti- 3. thread can easily be misinterpreted to mean it's a debate area, as I thought at first.

Also, more than once I was told there is a "pro 3." thread but I was also told the title didn't reflect that, and I'm still not sure where that is. I think it might be this one.

I think it would be helpful if the "anti- 3." people would realize and accept that they are going to continue to see posts from folks who don't agree and are a bit rattled by what they read here ---- strong and numerous opinions against Frey's band mates and family, and especially when such opinions are on what is supposed to be a fan site.

This is the highest-profile Eagles fan site and it pops up when someone is doing general searches. Fans will continue to find this site and innocently come into it, and some will be miffed or disappointed or whatever, when they see such things said about the family and the band.

Walshfan88 said something about getting tired of explaining and defending that opinion. None of you have to do that.

We're not going to change each others' minds, but it would be helpful to accept that people aren't going to be happy with the way the family and the band is being treated here.

It's your site, and I respect that. You can ban, or make it private, or hell even make it all an anti-3. site. Otherwise, the pro-3. people will continue to come, and be disappointed, and have an opinion, and express it.
    Last edited by Arlee; 04-02-2019 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Easier said than done. A similar statement was made to me at one point and when I tried to explain why it wasn't that simple, I was basically told, "Yes it is." That's not only untrue but unfair. (There are what, thousands of topics?)

As for two specific examples, the title of the anti- 3. thread can easily be misinterpreted to mean it's a debate area, as I thought at first.

Also, more than once I was told there is a "pro 3." thread but I was also told the title didn't reflect that, and I'm still not sure where that is. I think it might be this one.

I think it would be helpful if the "anti- 3." people would realize and accept that they are going to continue to see posts from folks who don't agree and are a bit rattled by what they read here ---- strong and numerous opinions against Frey's band mates and family, and especially when such opinions are on what is supposed to be a fan site.

This is the highest-profile Eagles fan site and it pops up when someone is doing general searches. Fans will continue to find this site and innocently come into it, and some will be miffed or disappointed or whatever, when they see such things said about the family and the band.

Walshfan88 said something about getting tired of explaining and defending that opinion. None of you have to do that.

We're not going to change each others' minds, but it would be helpful to accept that people aren't going to be happy with the way the family and the band is being treated here.

It's your site, and I respect that. You can ban, or make it private, or hell even make it all an anti-3. site. Otherwise, the pro-3. people will continue to come, and be disappointed, and have an opinion, and express it.
    I think we've made it pretty clear Arlee which thread is for what purpose when it comes to 3.0. We've taken some of the work out of it for you. Still, I agree with Soda that before you post it's a good idea to find out what the thread is about.

As far as anti-3.0 people - we don't need to accept anything. There is nothing wrong with anything we've said, contrary to your (and a few others') belief. Maybe it's time that pro-3.0 people learn how to act like adults and discuss it without insulting other members of this message board.

Comments like Carolyn's are simply unacceptable.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I think we've made it pretty clear Arlee which thread is for what purpose when it comes to 3.0.
    [.....]

As far as anti-3.0 people - we don't need to accept anything. There is nothing wrong with anything we've said, contrary to your (and a few others') belief. Maybe it's time that pro-3.0 people learn how to act like adults and discuss it without insulting other members of this message board.

[.....]
    My perspective is not wrong. It's my perspective. I stated that yes, we're being told it's all easy to find, but that in my experience it is not.

There is no reason for you to be arguing that point with me. You have a different perspective. If it bothers you that much, keep arguing with yourself.

"There's nothing wrong with anything we've said"? Come on. Of course there is. In a debate of this length, there will be "something wrong" said by people from all sides.

As for your over-generalizing statement that pro-3 people need to "learn how to act like adults and discuss it without insulting other members," it seems like that happens more from "your" side. But I hadn't thought about it and I don't know for sure. It's another inane, immature argument that can go on forever. "Your side is meaner!" "No, YOUR side is meaner!"

Then there is "I don't have to accept anything!" I DON'T CARE what you accept or what you don't. Maybe you need to re-read what I stated --- that it would be easier if you accepted that people will disagree with you.

You admittedly won't accept that people will disagree with you. That will only hurt you. I have no stake in that claim.

And yet you seem to be throwing out random argumentative statements just for the sake of arguing.

You are bringing in minor, nonsensical arguments that have nothing to do with the Eagles. You want to argue whether people will disagree with you? You want to tell someone their personal perspective is wrong? Have fun with that.

You are now arguing about arguing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    My perspective is not wrong. It's my perspective. I stated that yes, we're being told it's all easy to find, but that in my experience it is not.

There is no reason for you to be arguing that point with me. You have a different perspective. If it bothers you that much, keep arguing with yourself.

"There's nothing wrong with anything we've said"? Come on. Of course there is. In a debate of this length, there will be "something wrong" said by people from all sides.

As for your over-generalizing statement that pro-3 people need to "learn how to act like adults and discuss it without insulting other members," it seems like that happens more from "your" side. But I hadn't thought about it and I don't know for sure. It's another inane, immature argument that can go on forever. "Your side is meaner!" "No, YOUR side is meaner!"

Then there is "I don't have to accept anything!" I DON'T CARE what you accept or what you don't. Maybe you need to re-read what I stated --- that it would be easier if you accepted that people will disagree with you.

You admittedly won't accept that people will disagree with you. That will only hurt you. I have no stake in that claim.

And yet you seem to be throwing out random argumentative statements just for the sake of arguing.

You are bringing in minor, nonsensical arguments that have nothing to do with the Eagles. You want to argue whether people will disagree with you? You want to tell someone their personal perspective is wrong? Have fun with that.

You are now arguing about arguing.
    Wow. Just wow.

Saying that personal attacks on board members are not allowed like the ones Carolyn made and that the pro-3.0 side needs to stop making them is "inane immaturity". You might want to familiarize yourself with the board rules, Arlee. They aren't nonsensical arguments. Of course they don't have anything to do with the Eagles - they are personal attacks from one member to another. But might I add this talk is more on topic than some here who insist on using the board as their personal blog, which really is quite weird if I'm totally honest. I'm really taken aback by the fact that you are trying to justify the attacks made here.

I stand by my statement that the anti-3.0 side hasn't said anything wrong in the terms of our viewpoints and comments on the Frey family, Deacon, and the other band members. I also stand by my statement that our side isn't the one making statements and insults towards the other side. I stand by that 110%. I have nothing that I regret saying or feeling or thinking when it comes to Eagles 3.0. I have no guilt. Because in my heart and in my mind I know I'm not the bad guy here. I also know that I call a spade a spade and when I see someone attack the administrator of the site and another member, I'll say something.

I'm not arguing the fact that others disagree with me. Obviously that is going to happen, and it's truly water off of a ducks back at this point, it doesn't phase me in the slightest. When I said we don't have to accept anything I meant we don't have to accept the nasty posts from the pro side to us about our comments. Obviously I accept others don't agree with our viewpoint. That's a given. But I truly don't care, either.

One thing is for sure, we will never see eye to eye, and it's best if we just avoid any further discussion with each other.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn View Post

WalshFan -- Just because you may not agree with my opinion about something -- does not give you the right to falsely accuse me of making a personal attack. I believe you have come close to libeling my reputation
    It isn't an accusation, Carolyn. Your post to Soda and Pippinwhite was condescending and was full of insults. It wasn't your opinion. You don't get to say it's your opinion to cover up the fact you were attacking someone, however passively you may do it. Your reputation is self-earned.
    Last edited by WalshFan88; 04-02-2019 at 11:37 PM.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Out on the Border

Wow. Just wow.

Saying that personal attacks on board members are not allowed like the ones Carolyn made and that the pro-3.0 side needs to stop making them is "inane immaturity". You might want to familiarize yourself with the board rules, Arlee. They aren't nonsensical arguments. Of course they don't have anything to do with the Eagles - they are personal attacks from one member to another. But might I add this talk is more on topic than some here who insist on using the board as their personal blog, which really is quite weird if I'm totally honest. I'm really taken aback by the fact that you are trying to justify the attacks made here.

I stand by my statement that the anti-3.0 side hasn't said anything wrong in the terms of our viewpoints and comments on the Frey family, Deacon, and the other band members. I also stand by my statement that our side isn't the one making statements and insults towards the other side. I stand by that 110%. I have nothing that I regret saying or feeling or thinking when it comes to Eagles 3.0. I have no guilt. Because in my heart and in my mind I know I'm not the bad guy here. I also know that I call a spade a spade and when I see someone attack the administrator of the site and another member, I'll say something.

I'm not arguing the fact that others disagree with me. Obviously that is going to happen, and it's truly water off of a ducks back at this point, it doesn't phase me in the slightest. When I said we don't have to accept anything I meant we don't have to accept the nasty posts from the pro side to us about our comments. Obviously I accept others don't agree with our viewpoint. That's a given. But I truly don't care, either.

One thing is for sure, we will never see eye to eye, and it's best if we just avoid any further discussion with each other.

I'm tempted to say "I didn't say that!" over and over for the umpteenth time, but this time I won't be sucked in.

There is a history here of twisting my words or putting words in my mouth. This time I won't argue or defend myself or try to show what I actually said. I know the truth and it's there in black and white.

It's just downright bizarre. In my 20-some years being on message boards here and there, I've NEVER seen or experienced anything like it to this degree.

You backtracked what you said. I stated it would be easier if people would accept that people will disagree. Your response: "I don't have to accept anything."

That was an unnecessary argumentative response. I have no control or concern about what you accept and what you don't. I don't know why you'd argue that, but that's not my concern.

I've repeatedly said there is no point in arguing certain things. That we won't change minds. I accept that we have differing opinions.

You stated that you don't have to accept that. That is on you. I can't do anything about that, so like I said, you can keep arguing about arguing by yourself.

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

Lord, have mercy! AAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

Austin, if "I feel sorry for you" (or was it "sad"?) in the context above is not an attack, just an opinion, by all means let her have the last word. She probably needs to have it more than you do.

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    Austin, if "I feel sorry for you" (or was it "sad"?) in the context above is not an attack, just an opinion, by all means let her have the last word. She probably needs to have it more than you do.
    Oh I will. I've decided I'm not gonna discuss anything with her again. I took the bait this time because I was so upset by her post to Soda and PW but I'll learn not to engage with her again.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Out on the Border

Wow. Just wow.

[......]

I never said anything close to this.

And whatever debate you've got going with Carolyn is not my concern.

(Ok, I admit I got sucked back in. In my last post I said I wouldn't defend myself from people putting words in my mouth. But this is just ridiculous )
    Last edited by Arlee; 04-03-2019 at 03:31 PM.