Page 82 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3272787980818283848586 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about that?

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

There was a gentleman here a while ago who misunderstood something I said. I explained what I actually meant, but he was certain he knew my intentions better than I did myself. Said that we have a misunderstanding that cannot be resolved. Looks like there's another person who knows my thoughts better than I do. Oh yes I forgot: "lol".

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

Aarghh, writing these negative - and even sarcastic - posts has started to make me feel bad. And I'm sure I'd like all of you in person very much and these little things could be settled in less than a minute. Internet communication distorts things. I'll try to leave this one now.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Lol that's a great spin. But ok. And yes, we have come to this. As I indicated earlier, people have started arguing about arguing.

Edited to add: my last post about "the last word" was unnecessary, and I apologize for it. I got pulled in and although I stand by everything else I've said, I shouldn't have made that comment. Again, sorry.
    Well, I had "no horse in that race" and couldn't care less who had the last word. But it seemed to me that there was a misunderstanding in this instance. I don't try to "spin" things, nor do I try to stir up arguments. I appreciate your added comments, and please, let's just leave it at that.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    There was a gentleman here a while ago who misunderstood something I said. I explained what I actually meant, but he was certain he knew my intentions better than I did myself.
    [....]
    You don't say! Boy do I know that feeling!

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    The last time Don Henley & co. tried to go on tour as the Eagles without Glenn Frey, Glenn threatened to sue in order to shut it down.

Just sayin'.

But all this theoretical crap doesn't matter to me anyway, because again, my rule is simple:

No Glenn, No Eagles.
    When did they try to tour without Glenn and Glenn threatened to sue them? I haven't heard that before. Was this during their 1980-1994 hiatus?

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
    Well, I had "no horse in that race" and couldn't care less who had the last word. But it seemed to me that there was a misunderstanding in this instance. I don't try to "spin" things, nor do I try to stir up arguments. I appreciate your added comments, and please, let's just leave it at that.

Ok, sounds good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    When did they try to tour without Glenn and Glenn threatened to sue them? I haven't heard that before. Was this during their 1980-1994 hiatus?
    Not necessarily tour, but this was in 1990. Found this quote:

Things had changed enough by 1990 for Henley and Frey to take a stab at writing together.

The idea was to include two or three new songs in a greatest hits album that would be released in conjunction with a U.S. tour.

But Frey ultimately backed away.

"I wasn't ready," Frey says now of that period. "I had just remarried . . . had just had major surgery to remove a section of my large intestine--a congenital thing since birth--that left me laying on my back in Cedars-Sinai with a bunch of staples in my stomach.

"When something like that happens, you lay back and say, 'What's important?' The answer to me was write songs in the morning, play golf in the afternoon and have dinner with my beautiful new wife who was just pregnant with our first child. The timing was bad for me."
    Came from here: https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-...744-story.html

And was it in HOTE where they talk about the "almost" reunion, and in one of the interviews, one of them says something like, "Shut it down, he's [Glenn] going to sue"...?

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    Timothy references it in the "History" movie where he mentions that they were all in the studio, and he said they got a call from Glenn saying, "I'm not doing this". Of course Azoff was pushing it.

You can hear Glenn speaking about this period in some "Strange Weather" interviews.

Remember how crushed Henley said he was when they first broke up. He said he had never wanted to be a solo artist. So his running the group had not been an option, (I feel) or he would have done it.

But because of the lawsuit, we know in '90, anyway, Glenn was not okay with them doing Eagles projects without him.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Yes, I'm talking about in 1990 when they first tried to reunite; Glenn had initially expressed interest in a reunion and things progressed pretty far, but he wound up backing out. They briefly considered going ahead anyway but Glenn threatened to sue if they did so without him.

When I have a bit more time, I'll dig out some quotes.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Good point Soda!

Chaim - you said nothing wrong, fwiw.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."