Page 9 of 92 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about that?

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year!!

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    It seems more logical to me, that's all. I gave the example of Steely Dan. Of course I can't prove it, just as those who believed he wanted them to continue can only give circumstantial evidence.
    Well Steely Dan were in the midst of a tour when Walter Becker died. It was his illness which caused him to miss the Classic West Concert. Donald Fagen may have been relying on tour income when it was cut short unexpectantly. That could be why he “jumped straight” into another tour. This is conjecture of course.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Well I think the Eagles broke up in 1977 when Randy left. 2 original members can’t call themselves the Eagles From 1978-2016 it was just Glenn and Don with hired hands. /s.

Bands change lineups all the time. I don’t care honestly what people will think that they view a certain era as legitimate or otherwise but unless the band says they are not Eagles then that is when they are not

I have seen this with.

Lynyrd Sknyrd

Guns N’ Roses(from 1996-2015 and Slash and Duff werent even original members)

AC/DC since the death of Bon Scott. .

Most bands don’t have the same original lineup except ZZ Top which is the only band I follow that has the same people for 40+ years.

I know how to talk to other fans through these circumstancesThis situation is no diffeent(Unless they plan on releasing a new album which then I might need to reconsider) But people can prefere what ever they want I have no problem. I can’t take that right away.

But don’t try and ruin the shows for me. Opinons are always welcome but don’t ruin things by saying you feel sorey for me because I am excited to see the Eagles.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    There are some remarkable similarities between the history of Steely Dan and the Eagles, but as far as sheer success,popularity and “iconicness”, I don’t know if they’re a good comparison for when a founding member dies. Would Queen be a better example?
    You can read how I feel about Queen & Adam Lambert in the Concerts thread.

Not directly replying to you. But I apologize if I seem to be angry.

I have been having issues with sleep apnea and I went to see a doctor today. I can’t seem to get any air when I sleep so I don’t really sleep that well and have had a lot of school work.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    Well I think the Eagles broke up in 1977 when Randy left. 2 original members can’t call themselves the Eagles From 1978-2016 it was just Glenn and Don with hired hands. /s.

Bands change lineups all the time. I don’t care honestly what people will think that they view a certain era as legitimate or otherwise but unless the band says they are not Eagles then that is when they are not

I have seen this with.

Lynyrd Sknyrd

Guns N’ Roses(from 1996-2015 and Slash and Duff werent even original members)

AC/DC since the death of Bon Scott. .

Most bands don’t have the same original lineup except ZZ Top which is the only band I follow that has the same people for 40+ years.

I know how to talk to other fans through these circumstancesThis situation is no diffeent(Unless they plan on releasing a new album which then I might need to reconsider) But people can prefere what ever they want I have no problem. I can’t take that right away.

But don’t try and ruin the shows for me. Opinons are always welcome but don’t ruin things by saying you feel sorey for me because I am excited to see the Eagles.
    Nobody is trying to 'ruin' anything for you.

You think this is just another lineup change; OK. I do not see it that way. Why can't you at least accept that?

This is now getting beyond ridiculous.

Nobody is trying to 'ruin' anything for you.

You think this is just another lineup change; OK. I do not see it that way. Why can't you at least accept that?

This is now getting beyond ridiculous.

I have. Read the begining of the post.

Stuck on the Border

I have. Read the begining of the post.
    You have not accepted that some of us don't see this as just another lineup change.

You have not accepted that some of us don't see this as just another lineup change.

Yes I have. I also made another post just a few above

Stuck on the Border

Yes I have. I also made another post just a few above
    That's the 'EVERYONE KNOWS THAT' post, is it? It is contradicted by the later post.

I am done with this.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Color me shocked, FP! You just went to see them, crazy. I'm glad you tried it and reported back. To me, Brian May touring as "Queen" is more egregious than Don Henley touring as the "Eagles", because Dons own songs make up so much of the nightly set list. I'll have to check to see the numbers in the most recent show.

ETA: From the last couple of shows there were 7 Don songs and 7 Glenn songs, so, an even number, not a majority of Don songs.