Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: History Of The Eagles Directors Cut?

Default History Of The Eagles Directors Cut?

Anyone know if this exists?? I been watching the documentary again and I wish more would have been included especially in part 2.

I love it but was wondering if such a thing exists.

I personally would have loved to here more about the situation between 98-2001 with the Felder stuff. To me it was clear that both sides felt really hurt by the situation but I feel there was more stuff cut that we never got to see.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: History Of The Eagles Directors Cut?

That's a good idea. Sometimes DVDs will have extras like the complete interviews - that would be boffo, especially since Randy's comments lasted nanoseconds.

A director's cut would be wonderful! Somehow, though, I think we've seen all we're ever going to see.

Border Desperado

it did feel odd with the first 2 hours covering 71-80....and only 1 hour covering 94-2013.
    I'd have liked to have seen at least a 2 hour part 2, or even
    2 hours: origin through split
    1 hour: covering the broken up years
    2 hours; resumption through current.

Quote Originally Posted by BillBailey1976 View Post
    it did feel odd with the first 2 hours covering 71-80....and only 1 hour covering 94-2013.
    I'd have liked to have seen at least a 2 hour part 2, or even
    2 hours: origin through split
    1 hour: covering the broken up years
    2 hours; resumption through current.
    I feel it was more for casual fans who have a bigger interest in the bands old days. I would like to have heard more about the LROOE album and how Steuart Smith joined the band

Was there enough to say, though, to spend as much time on the years 1994-2013? The only released 2 albums, if you count HFO as a full album, since it only had 4 new songs, compared to their output in the 70s. What I'd like to see is the extra footage that they obviously have...we had snippets of concerts, from the 70s to 2013, I'd love to see the full performances.

I would have liked more Troubadour history that was really the hub and launching point and it would have been interesting to hear from bartenders and waitresses who always have good stories to tell.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Border Rebel

I think Part 1 was longer because there was so much information to cover. There was the whole origin of the band, all of the albums, and especially all of the lineup changes: the original four; Felder joins the 4; Bernie out, Joe in; Randy out, Timothy in. Then there was the breakup to cover. That and those years being the heyday of the band I think warrant Part 1 being longer.

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    Was there enough to say, though, to spend as much time on the years 1994-2013? The only released 2 albums, if you count HFO as a full album, since it only had 4 new songs, compared to their output in the 70s. What I'd like to see is the extra footage that they obviously have...we had snippets of concerts, from the 70s to 2013, I'd love to see the full performances.
    I would have liked to known more about Glenn and Henley's side of the Felder dismissal that could have easily been 30 more minuets

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    I would have liked more Troubadour history that was really the hub and launching point and it would have been interesting to hear from bartenders and waitresses who always have good stories to tell.
    Me too, Dawn. That would have been awesome! I bet there would have been some great stories...