Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Kid In Town most underrated Eagles hit?

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Default Re: New Kid In Town most underrated Eagles hit?

Quote Originally Posted by luciknight View Post
    btw... are they still performing this song live or did they drop it from the setlist?
    They are still performing it live. Vince Gill takes the lead vocal.

It was performed at the Grand Ol' Opry concert, Of course, it would be illegal to obtain a copy of it online, so I of course would never recommend that you search for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Agreed, although I've never seen NKIT as a love song, despite the second verse. What happens to his relationship is just a part of it, hence the sense of it being a movie as you say.

'They will never forget you 'til somebody new comes along' is my favourite line in any Eagles song; so resonant & sadly still so relevant.
    That is also one of my favorite lines. It’s such a strong and perfect lyric for that song. Truly brilliant song writing

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    They are still performing it live. Vince Gill takes the lead vocal.

It was performed at the Grand Ol' Opry concert, Of course, it would be illegal to obtain a copy of it online, so I of course would never recommend that you search for it.
    Thank you!
    I didn't even think of looking up on video websites many many times for an updated version of this song, that's why I asked cos... not that Id know, but apparently there aren't any uploaded.
    Not gonna think of looking elsewhere, then.

I actually have mixed feelings if I actually wanna listen to this song and it's not Glenn who's singing it...
    My favorite Eagles song used to be Lyin Eyes, but it's been NKIT for some time now <3
    "Broken hearts can't call the cops. Yeah, it's the perfect crime."

Kinda a different topic but I was listening to the HC outtakes on NKIT and the line “they will never forget you till somebody new comes along” was “they were here when you came and they’ll be here long after you’re gone” I thought that’s also an excellent line. Not as good as the first but I think it’s cool they pushed harder on that lyric. I wished they could have used that somewhere else

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    Kinda a different topic but I was listening to the HC outtakes on NKIT and the line “they will never forget you till somebody new comes along” was “they were here when you came and they’ll be here long after you’re gone” I thought that’s also an excellent line. Not as good as the first but I think it’s cool they pushed harder on that lyric. I wished they could have used that somewhere else
    Never heard of that line. It is indeed a fine line, although the line they ended up using is more clever and biting.