Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: An Evening With the Eagles @ Bankers Life Fieldhouse - Indianapolis, IN - 3/12/18

Default Re: An Evening With the Eagles @ Bankers Life Fieldhouse - Indianapolis, IN - 3/12/18

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    Man, only 6 Don Henley songs out of 25?! I hope the list is wrong and they did play OOTN. Obviously thrilled about a 3rd Timothy song and How Long, but sheesh. Also, it sounds like they played Vince's new song, and that's not on the list. I need the set list to be more Don-heavy to justify supporting Eagles 3.0.
    If you count How Long and Ol' 55, its 8. I think Don had 6 on the last tour. I thought I read they did OOTN and their was a problem during that song.

DiscoStrangler will probably give us more detail soon.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Default Re: An Evening With the Eagles @ Bankers Life Fieldhouse - Indianapolis, IN - 3/12/18

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    Man, only 6 Don Henley songs out of 25?! I hope the list is wrong and they did play OOTN. Obviously thrilled about a 3rd Timothy song and How Long, but sheesh. Also, it sounds like they played Vince's new song, and that's not on the list. I need the set list to be more Don-heavy to justify supporting Eagles 3.0.
    IDK. Azoff and Henley are probably sensitive to criticism that this is Henley and his backing band. I’ve seen this expressed on the net, esp. with Henley being the only original member. It may be a good idea to have more vocal leads by the others.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

The setlist has been reupdated. One Of These Nights was sung. So MC. That is 7 and if we're counting Don singing co-lead on Ol' 55 and How Long (unless he's not doing his usual on these songs), its 9.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Cool, thanks.

And it now includes the Vince Gill song. I'll be interested to hear it.

The setlist.fm updated again. From this list, Best Of My Love was sung. 28 songs were sung.

That’s so cool that a Vince song was included, though “Next Big Thing” isn’t one of my favorites.

So Don sings 8-10 songs out of 28. Not a bad ratio.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Out on the Border DiscoStrangler's Avatar

The setlist posted is accurate. During OOTN, Don's voice was drowned out by the instruments. I chalked this up to yet another sound issue at the Fieldhouse. Historically, it's not the best venue for concerts around here. Depending on who is playing, they seem to have a hard time with the sound.

I loved their show in Louisville last fall, but this one topped it. I think they have rehearsed like crazy and it showed tonight. They sounded more polished.

I'm glad I saw the show at the beginning of the tour. I'll be interested to read reviews at the end of it. Don made the comment at the beginning of the show about it being the start of a long tour and they had 52 more to go.

It was so great to How Long in person. They sounded great! I do wish they would've played The Long Run. I'm not sure why that gets left out.

Side note... People next to me were complaining about the show being to Walsh-heavy. He did the typical Joe Walsh songs he's done for years when touring with them.

Lastly, I have to be at work in 6 hours. I'm really wishing I took tomorrow off!

Did Don sing co-lead on How Long and Ol' 55?

They complained about too much Joe songs? Oh my. Yep. Its the same songs he's been singing since he's been in the band. I shake my head on that one. They must had never been to a show.

You sound like me. I'm driving 3 hours to New Orleans and heading back after the show and I'm not taking off that day and the next day. I think I will be fine. I drive to my state coast and back all the time.
    Thanks for the recap.

Out on the Border DiscoStrangler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Did Don sing co-lead on How Long and Ol' 55?

They complained about too much Joe songs? Oh my. Yep. Its the same songs he's been singing since he's been in the band. I shake my head on that one. They must had never been to a show.

You sound like me. I'm driving 3 hours to New Orleans and heading back after the show and I'm not taking off that day and the next day. I think I will be fine. I drive to my state coast and back all the time.
    Thanks for the recap.
    Don did sing co-lead on How Long with Deacon but I feel like Vince pretty much sang Ol 55 himself.

Of course the people complaining about Walsh had also never heard of Long Road Out of Eden. So obviously big fans.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoStrangler View Post
    Don did sing co-lead on How Long with Deacon but I feel like Vince pretty much sang Ol 55 himself.

Of course the people complaining about Walsh had also never heard of Long Road Out of Eden. So obviously big fans.
    Thanks. Ol' 55 was mostly sung by Glenn and Don had those few lines (stars beginning to fade) throughout the song, but it was always credited as Don singing co-lead with Glenn on that song.