Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: An Evening With the Eagles @ Bankers Life Fieldhouse - Indianapolis, IN - 3/12/18

Default Re: An Evening With the Eagles @ Bankers Life Fieldhouse - Indianapolis, IN - 3/12/18

I just looked up Victim of Love. I thought the last time it was played was the Millennium concerts. They actually did play it in 2002 in Bossier City, LA. If that setlist is right, they played 38 songs that night. Yikes!!! I don't know if that's right with that many songs.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Default Re: An Evening With the Eagles @ Bankers Life Fieldhouse - Indianapolis, IN - 3/12/18

Quote Originally Posted by maryc2130 View Post
    So excited about How Long and VOL and possibly 'Ol 55. I don't have my tickets yet -- have to decide where I'm going to see them. They're doing two shows in Boston, but I'm not crazy about the TD Garden.
    I haven't gotten my tickets yet for New Orleans, but I'm pushing for the end of this month. I was going to order it when I got paid on Thursday, but something came up and I had to go into my ticket money. Then I have to buy a few things out of this check so I don't have enough to buy them. I'll be 30 dollars short again. LOL I was not happy about that, but they still have some tickets at the top left thank goodness.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Out on the Border

Looking so forward to the Nashville show. Pray for 10 hours of good driving weather from the frozen tundra. I was really hoping Glenn's "Part of Me, Part of You" would be on their set list. How do I get my request in?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR3y9jfg258
    Last edited by SunnyCalico; 03-13-2018 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Add youtube

Out on the Border DiscoStrangler's Avatar

A snippet of Witchy Woman

https://youtu.be/EfYjCUvxKkI

Having Vince sing ol’55 by himself is probably a good decision. Add another song to the set list without having Don sing another lead

Out on the Border DiscoStrangler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    Was it the new arrangement of WW?
    Yes, and it was excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    Having Vince sing ol’55 by himself is probably a good decision. Add another song to the set list without having Don sing another lead
    I agree. I thought maybe they might do it the way they did it in the 70s with the shared leads, but Vince did a great job. It was kinda weird not hearing Don singing "the stars beginning to fade" lines. I heard a snippet of Deacon singing How Long and he was singing Don's verse. So Deacon is probably singing the whole song. I just wish their was a clip of How Long from last night.

Disco Strangler: Did Deacon sing majority of the song or did he and Don shared lead?

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoStrangler View Post
    Yes, and it was excellent!
    Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I agree. I thought maybe they might do it the way they did it in the 70s with the shared leads, but Vince did a great job. It was kinda weird not hearing Don singing "the stars beginning to fade" lines. I heard a snippet of Deacon singing How Long and he was singing Don's verse. So Deacon is probably singing the whole song. I just wish their was a clip of How Long from last night.
    Yeah don’t get me wrong I want to hear don sing his lines but more Eagles songs without having more wear and tear on Don is great. I don’t see why they don’t let Joe or Tim sing a verse or two. That would be fun

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Vince looks good, is he slimming down? I would too if I had to stand out front next to Timothy and Steuart