Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Don on Virgin Radio this week

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I understand Katherine! Although it can be a pain when life coincides with a good interview!

If they do a 2 year tour hopefully everyone will get a chance to see them somewhere near to them. They may even come back to Dublin!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

BTW, does anyone else find it cute how Don occasionally will use British slang here? For instance, he says he's going to bring his kids to London to "muck about" and calls JD Souther his "mate." Adaptable, that Henley! Either that or his kids dragged him off to see the Harry Potter movies one too many times.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Oh, thank you Soda! I missed this yesterday. Can't wait to listen!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Thanks from me, too! I am slammed with work deadlines right now, but when I get caught up, I can't wait to listen.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    BTW, does anyone else find it cute how Don occasionally will use British slang here? For instance, he says he's going to bring his kids to London to "muck about" and calls JD Souther his "mate." Adaptable, that Henley! Either that or his kids dragged him off to see the Harry Potter movies one too many times.
    And can I add that in the Nicky Horne LROOE interviews he actually used the phrase 'sitting on my arse' pronounced the British way. I suppose that is why he decided to use 'snogging' in FGOTBP. What a top geezer. Smashing. Not even my Geordie husband uses British slang any more (except the occasional 'shite'). Excuse me but I had to spell those out.

Thanks for posting the interview Soda. I wasn't sure if you would or not because of the trouble you had with the last part. I really enjoyed it.

Random notes on the interview:

Is it just me or does he always seems to be cooking pancakes for his kids?! I swear this is the third interview (in print or taped) where he mentions that. Must be his specialty. Oh, to have him cook pancakes for me some morning…

I love that he went back to bed after taking the kids to school. You can never get too much sleep!

Where can I sign up to be part of their 100-person touring entourage?! Really, what’s one more person?

Could this guy have a sexier voice?

Memo to interviewers: Less music, more interview! If I wanted to hear their music, I’d listen to my CDs! I wanted to hear more from Don!

He has a very interesting way of enunciating words. For lack of a better term, he’s very precise when he pronounces words. I especially like how he pronounces words with t’s. I don’t know if it’s a Texan vs. Midwest accent or what, but he says ma- toor, while I say ma-chur (mature), or mah-toe while I say mah-doe (motto).
    "You don't have to prove nothin' to nobody, just take good care of yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by katherine5832
    Is it just me or does he always seems to be cooking pancakes for his kids?! I swear this is the third interview (in print or taped) where he mentions that. Must be his specialty. Oh, to have him cook pancakes for me some morning…
    I hadn't noticed that! I think it's sweet when he mentions cute domestic moments like that, especially considering how private he is. He does seem to be sharing more nowadays.

I love that he went back to bed after taking the kids to school. You can never get too much sleep!
    A man after my own heart, lol.

Where can I sign up to be part of their 100-person touring entourage?! Really, what’s one more person?
    Wouldn't that be a hoot? Well, unless you're having to lift all their equipment and stuff. A nice cushy job like making sure they get the right brand of bottled water though... that would be nice!

Could this guy have a sexier voice?
    It's served him well, eh?

Memo to interviewers: Less music, more interview! If I wanted to hear their music, I’d listen to my CDs! I wanted to hear more from Don!
    Seriously! I thought the same thing! I understand playing the new music for promotional purposes, but HC, LITFL, TIE, and TITTL? That's going a bit overboard in a program that isn't even an hour.

He has a very interesting way of enunciating words. For lack of a better term, he’s very precise when he pronounces words. I especially like how he pronounces words with t’s. I don’t know if it’s a Texan vs. Midwest accent or what, but he says ma- toor, while I say ma-chur (mature), or mah-toe while I say mah-doe (motto).
    I think that's just his Texas accent - still charming, though!

I finally stole a few moments on lunch break to listen to the interview, and loved it--he sounded so relaxed and chatty. Great news to hear they are planning on touring the world for the next two years, and also, since he referred to "several songs on the cutting room floor," that is a good sign that they might release another album sometime in the future, too.

Katherine, I agree with your statement about him making pancakes--I would love him to serve those to me sometime as well. Why don't we start a little pancakes club amongst ourselves?

BTW-was he murmuring about trying to find his glasses in the very beginning? I am right there with ya, Don!

DF, I'm with you there with the glasses thing!

Soda, thanks for putting it up for download. I did manage to record it but it's at very low volume. It's a lovely interview and Don sounds so relaxed. I hadn't really noticed the British colloquialisms before, but now you come to mention it, FP, I did spot the 'arse' rather than 'ass' reference. Must be that English college course he started out on.

Katherine, I had to laugh about your prior engagement - it's tough when life gets in the way of our Eagles fandom! I have to go to a conference next Sunday (Sunday, I ask you, and it's our mother's day too), and I'm really narked that I may miss the programme on VHS Classics.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...