Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Don on Virgin Radio this week

Virgin Radio has put up a transcript of Don's interview. It is worth reading (even with spelling mistakes and run-on sentences--I admit it--I'm a grammar/word nerd) because it includes additional comments that were edited out of the audio.

http://www.virginradio.co.uk/music/a...icle/2580.html

Just a personal observation--what is it with Sheryl Crow and Don and "Pooky"? That was in her MusiCares message to him, too, and I am VERY curious about what it refers to!

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    Virgin Radio has put up a transcript of Don's interview. It is worth reading (even with spelling mistakes and run-on sentences--I admit it--I'm a grammar/word nerd) because it includes additional comments that were edited out of the audio.

http://www.virginradio.co.uk/music/a...icle/2580.html

Just a personal observation--what is it with Sheryl Crow and Don and "Pooky"? That was in her MusiCares message to him, too, and I am VERY curious about what it refers to!
    Thanks for posting that, DF. Geez, I see what you mean about the spelling mistakes - Fry, Schmidt, Leigh Rimmick??). As far as Pooky is concerned, hopefully, Sheryl Crow will clear that up in her interview.
    "You don't have to prove nothin' to nobody, just take good care of yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by katherine5832
    As far as Pooky is concerned, hopefully, Sheryl Crow will clear that up in her interview.
    Maybe--but I doubt it. Some things Don just likes to keep to himself.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I finally got to listen to this today. Don really sounded great and upbeat.

Some comments I really liked:

1. Joe has been in sobriety 14 years now. Way to go Joe! I'm so glad you have been able to handle it.

2. Don spends an hour and a half each day in the gym! Good for you!

3. "Friction with the departed"

4. Several songs didn't make the album and ended up on the cutting room floor that may appear on another album-if we decide to do one.

5. JD Souther is still their good friend (mate )and was like the "secret Eagle". I'm glad they are still friends, but wasn't their a bit of discord around Don's HOTM era?

6. Don said he thought that WITW was the best song he's written in some time. It's an aerobic exercise to sing! I sure hope they get it down and do it live.

7. They'll be doing several songs from the new album on their world tour.

We're all ready and waiting for that!

Thanks Soda!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Excuse the cynicism but I hope 'several' means more than How Long, BBF, GOTC and IDWTHAM. The last two are my two least favourite tracks from the album. I really don't want to see either of those songs.

Don is right to be proud of WITW, but I think it is a shame that it was not written with Glenn. But then Glenn's stuff wasn't written with Don either for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    Excuse the cynicism but I hope 'several' means more than How Long, BBF, GOTC and IDWTHAM. The last two are my two least favourite tracks from the album. I really don't want to see either of those songs.
    FP, why did you list GOTC and IDWTHAM along with the other two? Are those 4 songs what they played at the Nokia Theatre opening? I would think HL and BBF are givens. I agree with you on the latter 2. I like GOTC and IDWTHAM, but of Joe's and Tim's songs on LROOE, I'd prefer to hear Last Good Time in Town and Do Something. And I know we have to take whatever the guys say in interviews with a grain (maybe a chunk) of salt, but I seem to remember one of them saying that they'd like to play at least 7 songs from the new album. And, from all accounts, Don is bored out of his gourd playing the old songs, so I'm sure he's chomping at the bit to sing a lot of the new ones. I would think with the overwhelming response that LROOE has had, they will sing more than four. Hope springs eternal?
    "You don't have to prove nothin' to nobody, just take good care of yourself."

Stuck on the Border

You're absolutely correct. Those are the four songs they have played live, and I'm with you, I want to hear Do Something and LGTIT rather than Joe & Tim's other songs. Surely as you say they will do more than four.