Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: An Evening With the Eagles @ United Center - 3/14/18

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: An Evening With the Eagles @ United Center - 3/14/18

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    That's sad about Timothy. About Deacon that's the Chicago Blackhawks and one of my favorite pics of Glenn from the 70s is him wearing a Blackhawks hockey jersey but it's white where Deacon's is red.

Hi Buffy - you beat me to it ! I was going to post about Glenn wearing that Blackhawk Jersey back in the 70's. Glenn sure loved his sports and Deacon, based on his twitter account, inhert. that love too. I loved when they all wore their sports t-shits and Eagles shirts.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Very proud to have Timothy as a member of the recently formed Seated-While-Performing Rock n' Rollers' Club, joining Dave Grohl and Axl Rose. He is in good company

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    Very proud to have Timothy as a member of the recently formed Seated-While-Performing Rock n' Rollers' Club, joining Dave Grohl and Axl Rose. He is in good company
    MC. He has now joined that club. LOL

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Timothy just needs to borrow Dave’s “throne.” Lol

Here’s Best of My Love. Will is seen off to the side playing guitar. I hope Timothy isn’t in too much pain.
    [ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KMH4Qx3rCZA[/ame]

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Okay so now that I have finally come down from cloud 9 and am hitting post-concert depression hard, I will share my experience. Doors opened at 6:30, JD and the Straight Shot started at 7. I was prepared for the worst after all I've heard about them... but in my opinion they were pretty good. Eagles took the stage around 8:20, we were sitting first row so even in the dark I could see poor Timmy coming out on crutches They opened with "Seven Bridges Road" and WOW their harmonies are truly spectacular. Deacon came out wearing a Hawks jersey which got a lot of cheers from the fans. He also said he wished they could've played here sooner and congratulated us on our World Series win to which half the stadium cheered while the other half booed (I'm not a big baseball fan, but I do root for the cubs)! Don was the first one to talk about Timothy and originally said it was a "gardening accident" that got some laughs. Later Tim explained that it was similar to one of those "I've fallen and I can't get up" commercials, which he laughed at and said "See I'm laughing now but when it happened I was not happy". I can only imagine how horrible that must have been, so thankful that he didn't get more injured though. A fall like that especially at such an age can be devastating however, both he and Don assured everyone that he should be back on his feet again shortly.
    I'm not going to give a song by song run through because honestly it's kind of a blur. However, I will give highlights!
    One of These Nights: I know some people were talking about how it sounded off on Monday but whatever problems they had there were absent last night. This is probably my favorite Eagles song and it sounded spectacular!
    Witchy Woman: The new rendition gave me chills!
    Peaceful Easy Feeling: Deacon sang it beautifully (he has such a great voice)! Everyone got emotional when a big picture of Glenn came on at the end.
    I Can't Tell You Why: Phenomenal! Timothy never disappoints
    Those Shoes: This one sounded so cool with the talk box, and the groove was good.
    Victim of Love: They hadn't done this one in a while but it sounded great! Everyone was rockin out
    Desperado: I'm not a big fan of this song but last night it made me teary eyed

I know some set lists stated that they played "I Don't Want to Hear Anymore" but they only played it at th Monday show.

At fisrt I wasn't on board with the whole Vince Gill thing but he seems like one of the nicest most humble people. His solo song, "Next Big Thing" is pretty catchy. As for the whole Eagles without Glenn thing I'm not sure what to say. It's not really the "Eagles" but they're still good and it's still a phenomenal show. When I first found out I was more on the side of its not the Eagles without Glenn side but now I've switched (kinda)? It's different.

Now for my ultimate highlight: Not sure if any of you remember back to around 11 months ago at a certain Timothy solo show but you can search for the Chicago City Winery thread to know more. Anyways, at the start of the show Timothy was looking at the audience and he pointed at me and mouthed "hey!"(how does this keep happening to me?!?!). Later in the show our eyes made contact and we both just smiled and nodded at each other. So peaceful. I am just over the moon right now

Rocky Mountain Way
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iihH9S8WZY0[/ame]

Hotel California
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qz_d26nkEbk[/ame]

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Timothy just needs to borrow Dave’s “throne.” Lol

Here’s Best of My Love. Will is seen off to the side playing guitar. I hope Timothy isn’t in too much pain.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KMH4Qx3rCZA
    No offense to Will but there isn’t there enough guitars for that song already? They’ve got Don, Vince, Joe, Deacon strumming acoustics with Steuart doing the pedal steel on the electric guitar. I feel like him strumming isn’t really adding much of anything to the song. I wonder if he’ll contribute more later on as he gets his feet. I guess that might be why he is doing a insignificant part like that right now...

YEF. Actually I think Milo Deering is doing the pedal steel parts now. Since Milo can play the pedal steel, they will probably use him more on the songs that needs it. I think they did a few close ups of Milo when he was playing the pedal steel on Best Of My Love.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 03-15-2018 at 03:55 PM.

A few short videos.

Love Will Keep Us Alive
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXOKAb_siN4[/ame]

Life In The Fast Lane
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTTW_rtchH0[/ame]

Here’s a review of last night’s show.

”REVIEW: CHICAGO ENJOYS AN EVENING WITH THE EAGLES AT THE UNITED CENTER” The Early Registration, March 15, 2018

I have to say, it brings a smile to my face every time I see Randy’s name mentioned in these reviews.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...