Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: An Evening With the Eagles @ United Center - 3/14/18

Border Rebel

Default Re: An Evening With the Eagles @ United Center - 3/14/18

TW--Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Thanks for sharing your experience and "ultimate highlight"!

TW, thank you for that wonderful review! How cool you had another Timothy moment. As far as JD and the Straight Shot, I did think the musicianship was good when I saw them. Also, I love the Spinal Tap reference by Don (“gardening accident”), that is too funny!

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    No offense to Will but there isn’t there enough guitars for that song already? They’ve got Don, Vince, Joe, Deacon strumming acoustics with Steuart doing the pedal steel on the electric guitar. I feel like him strumming isn’t really adding much of anything to the song. I wonder if he’ll contribute more later on as he gets his feet. I guess that might be why he is doing a insignificant part like that right now...
    Yes, when I saw that video it seemed like 7 guitarists was a bit much. But I think his being there isn’t to add anything to the show. I think it’s more for his benefit, to add to his own experience and share it with his father. Who knows what his future plans are but at least he can say, I played with my dad’s band the Eagles on stage for a whole tour. I’m still curious to know if he can sing.
    Last edited by Delilah; 03-15-2018 at 07:01 PM. Reason: add something

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    TW, thank you for that wonderful review! How cool you had another Timothy moment. As far as JD and the Straight Shot, I did think the musicianship was good when I saw them.

Yes, when I saw that video it seemed like 7 guitarists was a bit much. But I think his being there isn’t to add anything to the show. I think it’s more for his benefit, to add to his own experience and share it with his father. Who knows what his future plans are but at least he can say, I played with my dad’s band the Eagles on stage for a whole tour. I’m still curious to know if he can sing.
    Hey Concert For George had almost 8 guitarists

Eagles want to break the record

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Timothy just needs to borrow Dave’s “throne.” Lol

Here’s Best of My Love. Will is seen off to the side playing guitar. I hope Timothy isn’t in too much pain.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KMH4Qx3rCZA

Axl used it with AC/DC and I think he said that they sent it back to Dave in Pieces.

Wow Steuart has aged alot. He didn't look that old with the HOTE doc. He is like the President when he leaves office.

Peaceful Easy Feeling
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwjQq1Pa0-k[/ame]

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

A part of Seven Bridges Road. I may be wrong but it sounds like just Don singing what used to be the 2-part harmony with Timothy (then later Vince).
    [ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ahXBEijIDwA[/ame]

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Border Desperado

Someone that was at the Chicago show said the Timothy didn't sing "I don't want to hear any more" at the concert. I wonder if it is harder to sing when you're sitting?
    Last edited by WKMB55; 03-15-2018 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    YEF. Actually I think Milo Deering is doing the pedal steel parts now. Since Milo can play the pedal steel, they will probably use him more on the songs that needs it. I think they did a few close ups of Milo when he was playing the pedal steel on Best Of My Love.
    Thanks for that. That is cool they are bringing back the pedal steel on BOML. It adds a lot to that song and I think it being pedal steel and not an electric guitar is nice

TW!! You go, girl!

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you