Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: An Evening With the Eagles @ United Center - 3/14/18

Default Re: An Evening With the Eagles @ United Center - 3/14/18

Quote Originally Posted by WKMB55 View Post
    Someone that was at the Chicago show said the Timothy didn't sing "I don't want to hear any more" at the concert. I wonder if it is harder to sing when you're sitting?
    I look at the setlist from last night's show and they didn't play it there either. I wonder about that or its hard for Timothy to sing that song. Or they probably shrunk down how long they play. I just don't know.

I just hope they don't drop How Long, Ol' 55 and Victim Of Love. I want to hear those songs.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Out on the Border

Grand Rapids

SET LIST (March 15, 201

1. Seven Bridges Road
    2. Take It Easy
    3. One of These Nights
    4. Take It to the Limit
    5. Tequila Sunrise
    6. Witchy Woman
    7. In the City
    8. I Can’t Tell You Why
    9. How Long
    10. Ol’ ’55
    11. Peaceful Easy Feeling
    12. The Best of My Love
    13. Lyin’ Eyes
    14. Love Will Keep Us Alive
    15. New Kid in Town
    16. Next Big Thing (Vince Gill song)
    17. Those Shoes
    18. Already Gone
    19. Victim of Love
    20. Walk Away
    21. Heartache Tonight
    22. Life’s Been Good
    23. Funk #49
    24. Life in the Fast Lane
    ENCORE 1
    Hotel California
    ENCORE 2
    Rocky Mountain Way
    Desperado

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I look at the setlist from last night's show and they didn't play it there either. I wonder about that or its hard for Timothy to sing that song. Or they probably shrunk down how long they play. I just don't know..
    He sings it in his solo shows. Too bad they dropped an Eagles song but kept the newest non-Eagle’s song.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by tbsfan View Post
    He sings it in his solo shows. Too bad they dropped an Eagles song but kept the newest non-Eagle’s song.
    Totally agree
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I hate that they dropped IDWTHA. Its not one of my favorite songs, but I was happy that Timothy got an extra song. Maybe they will bring it later.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

[QUOTE Yes, when I saw that video it seemed like 7 guitarists was a bit much. But I think his being there isn’t to add anything to the show. I think it’s more for his benefit, to add to his own experience and share it with his father. Who knows what his future plans are but at least he can say, I played with my dad’s band the Eagles on stage for a whole tour. I’m still curious to know if he can sing.[/QUOTE]

Based on what I've heard Will is a temporary addition to the lineup and he'll be heading off to college at the end of the summer. I think his presence is more for exposure to the experience than any long-range plans for him. It's also nice that Deacon has another guy his own age along to hang with. I heard Cindy and Taylor are also along for this leg.
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love

Quote Originally Posted by Victim of Love View Post
    Based on what I've heard Will is a temporary addition to the lineup and he'll be heading off to college at the end of the summer. I think his presence is more for exposure to the experience than any long-range plans for him. It's also nice that Deacon has another guy his own age along to hang with. I heard Cindy and Taylor are also along for this leg.
    I agree, this will be a memorable experience for these young guys to share.

Here’s a video of Ol 55 from the Chicago show (Don: “I think this is on the On the Border album” LOL it’s hard to remember after all these years!)
    [ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dDp2cvG6QIE[/ame]

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Even though Don is not singing his original lines, he's harmonizing with Vince on the "Just a-wishing I'd stayed a little longer. Lord don't you know. The feelings getting stronger." I think Randy originally did the harmonizing on that part.

I'm still trying to find a video of How Long. I don't know if Don is singing the second verse, but I've seen a video clip of Deacon singing some of the second verse. I do know I saw a video of Don singing, "muddy river run so deep."

If I'm remembering correctly?? Don sang the second verse.