Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Get Better Soon, Timothy!

Default Re: Get Better Soon, Timothy!

I hope Timothy makes a speedy recovery! I am recovering from an ankle injury myself right now and I'm sympathetic. For me, it's not so bad that I need a boot, but bad enough to get in the way of life for a while.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yeah - He kind of downplayed this when it happened, but it appears be a bit more serious than what he first indicated. It seems to be taking longer to heal than just a minor sprain. Hope he's 'back on his feet' soon.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

It might not had been too bad. He probably didn't have surgery because they would had to cancel some shows if he had to have surgery. He probably still could be on stage if he had surgery, but just couldn't walk on it. At his age, its probably taking a long time to heal. I'm way younger than Timothy and it still took a long time for me to heal.

From pictures and videos I've seen from the St. Louis show, Timothy was on his feet during Rocky Mountain Way and he didn't have his crutches when they did their bow at the end.

Groupie. I know how you feel. I broke my ankle last year. I only missed a month of work and since I have a desk job, I didn't have to be out for a long time. It really messed up my life for 3 months. I couldn't drive for 3 months. My mother had to drive me to and from work(that put a lot of stress on her since we go to work at different times and I had to temporary change my time to go in and leave work). I was in a boot for 3 months, but I'm soo lucky I had one of those scooters to get around on. I had to prop my leg (or foot) up every single day and I was soo uncomfortable. It was hard to get comfortable. I hated the crutches. When I first started putting pressure on my foot and use the crutches, I fell. Luckily I didn't damage anything, but my knee hurt for weeks. I had to have physical therapy for 3 months. I know what Timothy is going through.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 04-10-2018 at 03:30 PM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Shun, wow, that sounds like you went through a lot. Your injury was worse than mine but I know how you feel. I strained my Achilles tendon - I didn't need a boot, but I've been doing PT for several weeks now and it's still not at 100%. I'm normally very active, so this has been immensely frustrating for me. It's a hard area to heal, apparently. I just want to resume normal life again!

I hope Timothy has a speedy recovery! An injury like this can't be easy at his age.

Quote Originally Posted by Victim of Love View Post
    Still in a boot last night in Columbus (although it's now a pneumatic boot) AND using the crutches again. BUT he sang ICTYW and LWKUA. Don assured everyone that Timothy's accessory is NOT permanent.
    I saw some pics on Twitter and I was surprised about the crutches too. He didn’t have them at the last concert, AFAIK.

Hope you heal soon, Timothy!

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

I'm not surprised he's still in a boot. Foot and ankle injuries takes time to heal. He probably will be in that boot for another month or two. I'm surprised he still using crutches since he kinda wasn't at the St. Louis show and then he was on his feet on Rocky Mountain Way(I don't know if he ever got up on the other songs, but I know he was on his feet during RMW). But than again. Depending on where he's coming from to get to the stage, its probably good for him to use the crutches to get to and from especially if the dressing rooms are a long way from the stage.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 04-11-2018 at 09:30 AM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Just realized this was never updated - just wanted to say that apparently, all is well with Timothy's foot now.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I'm also a little a late weighing in here, but glad that Timothy is 'back on his feet'.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016