Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: New Glenn Compilation

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: New Glenn Compilation

I ordered mine today.

It’s odd they referred to his solo career as “solid” that’s a very weak word when you’re trying to sell a compilation set.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    It’s odd they referred to his solo career as “solid” that’s a very weak word when you’re trying to sell a compilation set.
    I did not read the review but that is kind of strange. I guess they say "solid" instead of "successful".

I wonder how much of a difference in quality a Blu-ray would make the 4th disc, since I don't know what kind of cameras they used to film Live in Dublin. I know on The Dance they used a ratio or maybe it's the quality of the resolution that doesn't look good for Blu-ray, since they would probably have to stretch it or something.

I still really wish they'd release a video compilation album of all Glenn's solo videos. That would be awesome.

OH! And Spotify has changed Glenn's artist pic from one from "After Hours" to the cover of "Above the Clouds."

Quote Originally Posted by Pippinwhite View Post
    I still really wish they'd release a video compilation album of all Glenn's solo videos. That would be awesome.

OH! And Spotify has changed Glenn's artist pic from one from "After Hours" to the cover of "Above the Clouds."
    Pandora has changed Glenn's picture to Above the Clouds cover too for his radio station.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Pandora has changed Glenn's picture to Above the Clouds cover too for his radio station.
    My Pandora is playing songs from it already! How did it get it when it's not out yet?

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    My Pandora is playing songs from it already! How did it get it when it's not out yet?
    Some of the songs from the boxset were already playing on the Pandora (mostly the well-known songs and the ones that were made singles). The other songs you have to listen to IHeart Radio (which you have to have All Access to hear the whole album). They probably just use a new picture for the songs. I know Pandora finally started to play songs from the Live From Dublin CD.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Spotify has all Glenn's albums in their entirety, including the 1995 "Solo Collection." And they're showcasing a few cuts from "ATC."

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Some of the songs from the boxset were already playing on the Pandora (mostly the well-known songs and the ones that were made singles). The other songs you have to listen to IHeart Radio (which you have to have All Access to hear the whole album). They probably just use a new picture for the songs. I know Pandora finally started to play songs from the Live From Dublin CD.
    My Pandora has been playing songs from Live from Dublin for about a year now, and occasionally plays deep cuts as well - I heard half of the Soul Searchin' album one afternoon and I was ecstatic. It will also occasionally play songs from After Hours (again, ecstatic).

Anyway, I thought maybe Irving had released an advanced copy to Pandora, Spotify, IHeart Radio, etc., to promote it. (A side question - is Irving even behind this? I know Glenn was not managed by Irving for his solo career in the 80s and early 90s).