Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Don Felder with Styx and REO at TaxSlayer Center Moline, IL 03/17/18

Default Re: Don Felder with Styx and REO at TaxSlayer Center Moline, IL 03/17/18

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    I really want to see Felder play GUitar live. But to me his auto tune ruins it for me.

To me in this video it's loud and clear.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1gLAd-pNek

Tommy Shaw does not use Auto Tune. But he still sings better than Felder I like Juanes as well. Sorry Don

I love him as a Guitarist and he is a HUGE influence on me. The OOTN solo specifically with his picking has become my signature sound.

I might still see him live one day.
    You should, even just to hear him play his guitars in a live setting.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Default Re: Don Felder with Styx and REO at TaxSlayer Center Moline, IL 03/17/18

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    That’s too bad. I still plan on seeing him this October. I love fall from the grace of love on RTF. I feel that could have been a good song on LROOE. Is he still working on the next album?
    I haven't heard anything more about a new album.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by WKMB55 View Post
    Great review, Austin. I'm glad your evening was enjoyable. As I have stated on this site before, it is really hard for me to form an accurate opinion about the performance of any band by only watching you tube videos. You see and hear so many more details at a live show.
    That is very true! It was much more obvious, painfully so at the show. Again not a total dealbreaker but definitely was the only low point to the show.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Great review Austin! I have never been a fan of Don Felder's vocals but I think he does the best he can and give him an A for effort. Auto tune is a weird thing and I think I would have the same reaction as you and others. I love hearing him play guitar - he is so very talented and deserving of respect. I agree with your suggestion about getting more singers and maybe that will happen in the near future. I have always enjoyed Don Felder's easy going personality and love of music and performing. So glad you got to see him in person and thanks again for sharing your thoughts and opinions.
    Agreed Dawn. Thanks.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Great review, Austin! Glad you got to go and hear him live!

I've never been a fan of his voice, but he is unmistakably a great guitar player!
    Thanks Brooke! That he is.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger